Pruitt's future here may depend on...

For some perspective, look at Jim Harbaugh when he took over Stanford. 4-8, 5-7, 8-5, 12-1. I think Pruitt wants to build a similar style team, but it's going to take yr 3 before we see an 8-9 win season. Pruitt knows it. More importantly Fulmer does too.

I also included the QB, which you conveniently left out of your “analysis”. Firing the OC after one year after the chaos this program has endured is honestly the dumbest thing I’ve heard. And that’s really saying something.
I don't doubt it....after seeing some of your posts, I bet you hang around some real geniuses. So your argument is that because he has done a poor job developing the qb along with the poor play calling, Pruitt should allow him more time and personally accept responsibility if he continues to fail??...Solid logic.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I don't doubt it....after seeing some of your posts, I bet you hang around some real geniuses. So your argument is that because he has done a poor job developing the qb along with the poor play calling, Pruitt should allow him more time and personally accept responsibility if he continues to fail??...Solid logic.
Yeah guy. Let’s take a mediocre QB and a dysfunctional o-line (both of which were also awful under the previous staff) and start over AGAIN. Get a clue, dude.

Tennessee offense is now ranked 119 after the abysmal performance at Missouri. Some perennial powerhouses ranked above UT's offense....Charlotte, Ga Southern, South Alabama, Miami(OH), Troy, LA Tech, Coastal Carolina, MTSU, Kent St., Troy, Tulane, etc.
Apples and Oranges. SEC schedule + WVU.

Probably missed the boat on this one since this is from last Saturday, what the hey, do you want Helton to coach the defense AND offense?
I was being sarcastic. People calling for Helton's head when it is clearly the defense that is the problem. (against a QB with a pulse)

Last edited:
I was being sarcastic. People calling for Helton's head when it is clearly the defense that is the problem. (agains't a QB with a pulse)

Missed that., sorry, I’m human and didn’t get it, at the time. I don’t really know what the problem is from week to week. Seems it changes from week to week, it’s the offense one week, next it’s the defense. I almost see it as they ride two different buses to the game and hardly gel together. Anyway, my apologies.

Missed that., sorry, I’m human and didn’t get it, at the time. I don’t really know what the problem is from week to week. Seems it changes from week to week, it’s the offense one week, next it’s the defense. I almost see it as they ride two different buses to the game and hardly gel together. Anyway, my apologies.
Oh I don’t mind just wanted to clarify. I’m human too that’s why I accidentally put an apostrophe in the word “against” lol (thanks edit button!)

We all know Helton is what he is as OC....but improving the OL under Friend should be the top issue. Coach Friend is a good field coach but was a horrible recruiter (at least at UGA). Also, improvement in S&C would help as well.

I'm not a Helton fan, I think he stays through next season but would not surprise me at all if he bolts this year. Pruitt's future depends on beating Fl, Ga, Alabama sometime within 4 years and must go back to beating Vandy on a regular basis. I personally feel like he'll get it done and turn the program back into the top 10 program we've been historically.

Didn't most of us think that at some point, Dooley & bUTch would get it done and turn the program back in to the top 10 program we've been historically??????????????

Pruitt is no different than Dooley or bUTch, in the whole scheme of things. Yes, he ate lunch with Nick Saban and yes, he was a high school coach but we will have to wait 4 more years to see if he can turn it around or not.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
No.

Did you enjoy watching Dooley's offense put 50 on the board last week?

I'm not wallowing in it. I had a good idea we were not going to beat Mizzou. We needed a perfect game to stay close. We made mistakes and they did what good teams do they took advantage of them. I personally know the person that your name applies to, he would be the first to tell you that you are full of s**t.

I'm not wallowing in it. I had a good idea we were not going to beat Mizzou. We needed a perfect game to stay close. We made mistakes and they did what good teams do they took advantage of them. I personally know the person that your name applies to, he would be the first to tell you that you are full of s**t.

FOS because I said they will be talking buy outs if Pruitt doesn't recruit and evalauate well?

I don't need to do a BS name drop on a message board to understand it's about the Jimmy and Joes and anyone can see this offense isnt on the cutting edge.

You talk to Jon, tell him he needs to ease up on Carr. Serviceable NFL QBs dont grow on trees.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Not to me...I said the same thing about him last week. 113 ranked offense is unacceptable.

Is it possible for us to have a more efficient offense, sure. But lets be real here, Helton is a cog in a much larger wheel. He has to work with what he has, and what he has is mediocre talent and undersized linemen. There is virtually no way that out current roster playing this schedule achieves higher than maybe high 90's as an offense in 2018 regardless of who is calling the plays. Harsh reality, but it is what it is.

Didn't most of us think that at some point, Dooley & bUTch would get it done and turn the program back in to the top 10 program we've been historically??????????????

Pruitt is no different than Dooley or bUTch, in the whole scheme of things. Yes, he ate lunch with Nick Saban and yes, he was a high school coach but we will have to wait 4 more years to see if he can turn it around or not.
You believing he is basically the same as Dooley and gym teacher Jones is fine I guess but I disagree, I think it's clear he's a better coach than both those 2 and believe he'll prove it Sat by finishing his 1st season with wins over both Ky and Vandy as well as 2 wins vs ranked opponents. Beating Ky and Vandy is a requirement and that'll be a checkmark Pruitt will be able to mark off in year 1.

Except we don’t have 4 and 5 star players on offense. You have no idea what you are talking about if you think an OC should be fired after one year taking over a 4-8 season. Pure lunacy.

It is a very rare think for a 4 win team to immediately become something other than a 4 win team in one season...very rare indeed. Incremental improvement is the norm , which we have seen this year . I am not sure where some of these expectations have come from

Reactions: Big Al Orange
You believing he is basically the same as Dooley and gym teacher Jones is fine I guess but I disagree, I think it's clear he's a better coach than both those 2 and believe he'll prove it Sat by finishing his 1st season with wins over both Ky and Vandy as well as 2 wins vs ranked opponents. Beating Ky and Vandy is a requirement and that'll be a checkmark Pruitt will be able to mark off in year 1.

But CJP was the gym teacher. Was pretty tough on that kindergarten class if i recall correctly.

If you're going to make fun of someone, you should work on not looking silly yourself.

Reactions: 508mikey

VN Store

Back