Pruitt wouldnt survive a 1-7 record.

Not a good look guys.
I don't think we could ever recruit the type of coach we need if we fire Pruitt less than 2 years in, Hell make that 3 years. Coaches will run from an offer. Tennessee will be thought of as the place to kill your career. Unrealistic fanbase and administration, don't give a coach time to install their system or recruit and coach up "their players".
We need to take a deep breath and give this staff and our recruiting prospects our support. Pruitt may have made a mistake or two but I believe he is trying to do things to build this program back up. This staff has had a lot of success, they didn't all go dumb as soon as they got to Knoxville.
If Pruitt does not work out he can't leave the program in worse shape than he found it.
This guy gets it. Pruitt is going to get time.

If y'all fire JP during or after this season (and next if the team does show improvement and JP pulls in a good recruiting class) Your team will suffer for another decade or more because a proven coach would not touch your program with a 100' pole.
When y'all hired JP there was very little talent on your team as the last two staffs didn't have many good groceries in the cupboard.
It is painful to watch when your team needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. But if you ruin the foundation before it's laid and set good then you gotta tear out the partial foundation and start over yet again.
Any of y'all on here who think UT can fire JP this season and then go out and hire a GOOD proven coach you might as well go unicorn hunting and eat rainbow stew.

Man 'insider' threads already.

My true story: During last search, early on, I had a friend who knew someone in Athletic department. He would feed me with stories about how "team already knows Gruden is coming' or 'players had meeting about Gruden information' etc. The guy was dead serious and I knew that he really had contact in AD. Around thanksgiving, when Gruden was seen on campus, my source peaked.
All turned out false. To this day, guy claims all his information was true since his friend still claims all was true and GRUDEN talks fell apart last minute. I am till this date dumbfounded that I believed those idiots and 'hopium' he fed me with GRUDEN.

Sorry your friend can’t accept the truth that Gruden was never an option. The pick of Schiano shows that only 1 person was considered for the job, the coach that Haslam tried to get the Browns to hire years ago. The coach that Haslam had been told was one of the best by his connections in the Patriots organization. It’s a shame Haslam never realized the Patriots front office was trolling him as a new owner.

Reactions: volmandu
Just passing along something.
Cool if you didn’t believe it or want to hear it.
I stated my grain of salt that they would follow thru with the idea.
But you have to admit it would be pretty grim at the UAB game with a 1-7 record.

If AtlantaVol was dropping this I would listen, otherwise MEH

Don't worry, these "fans" only represent .000000000000000000000000001% of the fan base, they're entitled to their illusions, there is no sane reason to fire a coach after his second season under the circumstance that Pruitt was brought to UT. Not counting the whole fiasco of hiring a new coach, but the way Butch Jones was allowed to destroy a winning tradition at UT and don't get me started on Administration, CPF accumulation of academia noodle heads in do time. I am not hating on Kiffen.........he is a Southern Cal guy.........I would have gone too, but I would have been successful :) As for Dooliggins..........I am sure he had good intentions, but that was just a flat out bad hire..............who would have guessed that Butch was a psychopathic narcissist, with latent tendencies to be Sgt Carter from Gomer Pyle ...........LOL

Dooley was hired in 2010 after Kiffin screwed us over. Kiffin had run off some of Fulmer’s players then had recruits flip to USC. Dooley stepped into a far worse situation than Pruitt did. So my question is, after the UK loss in 2011, should Dooley have been fired? Did UT do the right thing by giving him a 3rd year?

I think he’ll get a third year regardless of how this season turns out but 6-6 or 7-5 isn’t going to cut it in year 3.
It’s going to depend on how that season goes and I’m not just talking wins and losses. This program is a damn dumpster fire. If the trajectory is on the way up, if recruiting is on the way up he’s fine. You add Oklahoma to the schedule with the other juggernauts we play. If he gets a fourth year I believe LSU rotates onto the schedule (might be 2022).

It’s going to depend on how that season goes and I’m not just talking wins and losses. This program is a damn dumpster fire. If the trajectory is on the way up, if recruiting is on the way up he’s fine. You add Oklahoma to the schedule with the other juggernauts we play. If he gets a fourth year I believe LSU rotates onto the schedule (might be 2022).

Falling into the same trap we did with Butch Jones. A coach should only be judged on his wins.

Reactions: McDad
Fulmer was a recruiter and he hired a recruiter.... CJP will be at Tennessee next year. And to all the trolls UT will be ready 2mro. It's gonna be a good game. GO VOLS...

Currently at the table of my weekly poker game with a few of my buddies. One of my friend’s uncles is a big money guy in Knoxville. He loosened up after a few silver bullets and told me that Gruden is unhappy in Oakland. His wife is ready to move back to East Tennessee. He’s in play.

I only know one “connected” person in Knoxville.
He told me that if we lose the next 5, that the money people would pony up the buyout.
We have never started 1-7. That would be too big an embarrassment for our big donors.
Fulmer would be interim and they would go after a “proven power 5 winner”. (I laughed when he said that but he says you don’t know how angry Georgia State made them).

So, can we win one of these next 5:
At Florida
Georgia (after a bye week)
MSU
At Bama
USC

Pruitt has to just win one of those games and then get 2 more out of UAB, UK, MU, Vandy.
But, one of those two wins must be Vandy.
Our donors could, I’m told, live with 4-8 and 2 SEC wins if we don’t finish last in the East and Pruitt can hang onto Bailey and a decent 25-30 ranked recruiting class.

If we can somehow win tomorrow, the only sure losses left are UGA and Bama.
But, if we get our clocks cleaned by UF, we may just fall apart.

*** Many grains of salt needed, of course. This is just one guy. But, he’s not a liar and he’s a wealthy blue blood and travels in circles that I could never get anywhere.near.
We winning 3 of the next 5 at least!!!

VN Store

Back