Pruitt wasn't good enough for MSU

Just like all that crow 95% of you ate when Butch collapsed....

Still waiting.

I supported his hire. Just like I will support this one.

I will say that he got us to a couple of 9 win seasons after those being elusive since for 7 years.

That being said he wasn't more than a mediocre hire, but he built on something. Now its on to the next guy who can hopefully exceed those expectations. If by year 2 we have a 7 or 8 win season I think we will know whether Pruitt or any of the others mentioned will be worth it.

Thing is with coaches...you never know how they are going to fair until they start coaching that team, in that league, with that competition.

Support is the word.

Reactions: 4 people
I supported his hire. Just like I will support this one.

I will say that he got us to a couple of 9 win seasons after those being elusive since for 7 years.

That being said he wasn't more than a mediocre hire, but he built on something. Now its on to the next guy who can hopefully exceed those expectations. If by year 2 we have a 7 or 8 win season I think we will know whether Pruitt or any of the others mentioned will be worth it.

Thing is with coaches...you never know how they are going to fair until they start coaching that team, in that league, with that competition.

Support is the word.

You mean Dobbs got us to a couple of 9 win seasons?

Butch didn’t have anything to do with it.

Reactions: 3 people
There is going to a lot of crow eating when Pruitt comes here and wins.

I think he can come and win.

Its fair to say its a C+ to B- hire compared to where we should have been after the Georgia loss if we'd fired Butch, got a Search Firm, and never gone down to Schaino town.

With where we are, his recruiting skills, the purported package of Coordinator's he's bringing and his upside this isn't something to be angry about or gloom and doom about the future of the on the field performance.

The Admin is still a train wreck.

He turned down Mississippi State. They let him sleep on it and he called and said thanks, but no thanks

Reactions: 7 people
If for no other reason, I will be so glad to get a coach named just so we can stop these idiotic comments.

Why should we care what MSU, or anyone else does?

I hope Fulmer makes a wise choice, but he has much room for error, considering the last few coaches we have hired.

So, I wish everyone would ease up; stop the bashing based on guesses.

You mean Dobbs got us to a couple of 9 win seasons?

Butch didn’t have anything to do with it.

Not to take anything away from Dobbs because he obviously was great...but come one man. It wasn't like the ship was driving itself.

I don't want to defend the overall record but we tasted something in those 2 seasons that we hadn't for 7 years. Again Jones was never going to be a 10 or 11 win guy and his floor was probably like this season.

More to my point is both Jones and Dooley were mid-major hires. We are at least looking in the right league this go round

Reactions: 1 person
He turned down the MSU job and Ole Miss was coming after him before they were hit with the sanctions.

Reactions: 4 people
So why would we take him?

Arrogance, egotism, incompetence.

I bleed orange and have since I was a little boy, but this is a train wreck.

I would fire them all if I could.

If we get a coach in here that gets us to a championship game in 3 years I will be shocked!

or could be they wanted an offensive minded guy, like their previous coach

That is a 100% correct. They did interview him and liked him a lot, but wanted to go with an offensive coach. MSU felt like an OC was the better route because the lack of talent in the area and the facilities in Starkville. That is why they went with Moorhead.

I actually feel better about Pruitt. My neighbor thinks he is a great coach. Saban has a Chief of Staff that he spoke with prior to being lined for the MSU interview. The guy said Pruitt is the best assistant Saban has ever had. He thinks he'll be more successful than Kirby.

That is a 100% correct. They did interview him and liked him a lot, but wanted to go with an offensive coach. MSU felt like an OC was the better route because the lack of talent in the area and the facilities in Starkville. That is why they went with Moorhead.

I actually feel better about Pruitt. My neighbor thinks he is a great coach. Saban has a Chief of Staff that he spoke with prior to being lined for the MSU interview. The guy said Pruitt is the best assistant Saban has ever had. He thinks he'll be more successful than Kirby.

They actually offered Pruitt first and he declined.

Reactions: 8 people
I saw, but did not read, a story earlier in the week that a MSST player accepted 10K to go there. Haven't seen anything since but this may have swayed Pruitt away from going there.

VN Store

Back