Pruitt vs Venables Poll

Which coach would you want for Tennessee's next head football coach?

• Total voters

Smokey 77

Venables has the pedigree to finally be a HC. What say you Vol Nation on Pruitt vs Venables as the next football coach?

Venables won't come until after the playoffs too late for us. Get Pruitt here tomorrow and save this recruiting class.

That's a rigged poll.....

Venables could get a better job than Tennessee if he wanted to be a head coach.

Might as well throw up other coaches that are better, but at this point Tennessee couldn't land.

I'm actually preferring Venables, but only by a hair.

As far as when he arrives, i want the contract signed, i want it announced and I want him calling our recruits, but personally, i am willing to let them coach in the CFB Playoff & arrive in Knoxville after that is done.

it's JUST an early signing period -- as long as he is announced AND ON TV in the playoff, he will be able to hold on to the kids wanting to play for a winner.

Then in January, he will make BIG PROGRESS on a Top-10 class, IMHO.

If it's between the two, I would prefer Venables because will more than likely bring a spread offense. Out of the top 25 offenses in the nation more than 20 are spread type. Highest ranked pro style is Colorado St at 10 with the first power 5 being USC at 15.

Great defense with an explosive offense

Tossup. I like Venables coaching tree and experience. They're both great DCs. Venables has proven that over a longer time frame

Reactions: 1 person
I'm actually preferring Venables, but only by a hair.

As far as when he arrives, i want the contract signed, i want it announced and I want him calling our recruits, but personally, i am willing to let them coach in the CFB Playoff & arrive in Knoxville after that is done.

it's JUST an early signing period -- as long as he is announced AND ON TV in the playoff, he will be able to hold on to the kids wanting to play for a winner.

Then in January, he will make BIG PROGRESS on a Top-10 class, IMHO.

You bring up some interesting points. If he was offered the Tennessee job and accepted it, he would start at Tennessee now to recruit and put a staff in place. I am sure that there would be an agreement put in place for him to coach with Clemson through out their run to a championship. Tennessee would get a ton of television exposure when Clemson played and that would be awesome for recruiting!!!:clapping:

Reactions: 2 people
That's a rigged poll.....

Venables could get a better job than Tennessee if he wanted to be a head coach.

Might as well throw up other coaches that are better, but at this point Tennessee couldn't land.

How You haven't been banned I have no idea , both are far better than schiano

Reactions: 3 people
Do not want either. Venables could be spun as a good hire based on how in demand he has been. Who else tried to hire Jeremy Pruitt?

As long as Fulmer does not whip out Steele

LikelyCompassionateBluejay-small.gif

I'm good

Reactions: 2 people
Did anybody besides me see the post, on Vol Nation that has sense been taken down, of a twitter message that said that Pruitt turned Tennessee down?

Pruitt for me. He's gathered a wealth of knowledge from Saban, Jimbo and Richt. Knows the SEC landscape very well. Venables does as well and I am aware of his times with Sweeney, Stoops and Snyder. But Pruitt is a SEC junkie and that gives him a slight edge for me.

Reactions: 1 person
Venables by a long shot and it's not even close.

He's proven himself over a longer period of time.

He's WON a National Championship over Bama.

He's back in the playoffs again this year.

He's a really good recruiter.

Watch him on the sidelines during a game, his D makes a good play and he's jumping up and down along the sidelines screaming his head off.

That kind of love of the game, passion and excitement rubs off on players on both sides of the ball and gets the players fired up and ready to run through a wall.

My top choice is Pedersen but if we have to hire a coordinator the best choice is Venables by a long shot.

VFL...GBO!!!

I hear Venables has thin skin. He would get eaten alive if true.

It must be thick enough. He has coached at a lot of different schools under a lot of different head coaches and I would say he has done really well.

Isn’t there a good probability that Venables has declined the job overtures by Fulmer?

We’ve seen time and time again that those who Tennessee fans want, often don’t want them back.

VN Store

Back