Pruitt vs Venables Poll

Which coach would you want for Tennessee's next head football coach?

• Total voters
I have not seen where Venables was even interviewed. Pruitt and Venables are both great coaches but I like Pruitt. DC at Florida State, GA and Bama. 3 national championships. He would be a great hire. Great recruiter.

Venables by a long shot and it's not even close.

He's proven himself over a longer period of time.

He's WON a National Championship over Bama.

He's back in the playoffs again this year.

He's a really good recruiter.

Watch him on the sidelines during a game, his D makes a good play and he's jumping up and down along the sidelines screaming his head off.

That kind of love of the game, passion and excitement rubs off on players on both sides of the ball and gets the players fired up and ready to run through a wall.

My top choice is Pedersen but if we have to hire a coordinator the best choice is Venables by a long shot.

VFL...GBO!!!

I can say the same thing in favor of Pruitt. And it’s not even close. And Pruitt is plenty of firey in the sidelines. But he’s not Muschamp like Venables would be. He’s more like Smart and can stay in control of his emotions

Venables has the pedigree to finally be a HC. What say you Vol Nation on Pruitt vs Venables as the next football coach?

Venables will never come! He is quoted as saying “ the most important part of making a decision about coaching is administrative stability, president, chancellor, and AD………

To quote Chris Low UT has had 16 new Presidents, Chancellors, AD’s, and coaches in the last 10 years

VN Store

Back