Pruitt Vs. Leach - Approval Poll

Who do you prefer as head coach of the 2018 Volunteers?

• Total voters
The story of yesterday needs to be how bad LSU truly is, not how miraculously great Miss State is. LSU couldn’t stop the pass, they may win 1-2 this year.

Don’t be stupid.
And Leach almost never gets through a season without a bad loss. He blew a 32 point lead last year to lose to a previously winless UCLA team. I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if State loses to Kentucky and/or Ole Miss.

Leach will never beat Bama. Book it.
He stands a better chance with the ability to drop 65-70 points then we do trying to be Bama-light. Leach will lose games...some he is not supposed to, and he will shock the world a time or two as well. My opinion was on the offense, and not the entire program. Pruitt will be the more stable, consistent option. But Leach has the ability to be hard to prepare for.

Reactions: 08Vol and NEO
Does you seeing the obvious include your 3-9 at best, likely 2-10 record prediction from last year?
Many of us were wrong three games in...and happy to be so when it all shook out. I'm quite certain when speaking to you I'm in the presence of prognosticating greatness, so you'll have to excuse me.

Anything else?

Reactions: 08Vol
Why Leach? He’s been coaching for years and how many championships has he won?? Pruitt is doing well and the players are playing for him not against him like they did CBJ. LSU lost most of their team due to graduation and going pro early. They aren’t the same team that won the NC.

Fire Pruitt

No thanks...our track record hiring coaches makes sticking with a known quantity to be the smart play. The last thing UT ever needs to intentionally be involved in is a coaching search. Perhaps we should set it up like Royal succession. Either let it pass by birthright, or let the out-going coach appoint his successor.

I'm kidding. Halfway.

Mississippi State and Tennessee share 8 common opponents this year. Should be interesting to see how everything plays out.
Great point. I expect Pruitt to come out ahead overall, but expect some surprises from Leach. He can turn a game into a track-meet the other team isn't prepared for. And he seems to have an intelligent, capable QB that grasps the system.

Not taking anything away from Leach or State. That was impressive. But I want to see a few more games before I consider that the norm for them just yet. LSU (not that anyone really expected it) didn't look anything like what they fielded last year.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
Not taking anything away from Leach or State. That was impressive. But I want to see a few more games before I consider that the norm for them just yet. LSU (not that anyone really expected it) didn't look anything like what they fielded last year.

True...however, a new coach/system, with a new transfer QB in their first game really shouldn't shatter the conference passing record, and throw 6 TD against any SEC team. Not even Vandy.

True...however, a new coach/system, with a new transfer QB in their first game really shouldn't shatter the conference passing record, and throw 6 TD against any SEC team. Not even Vandy.

Yes, that is the impressive I was referring to.
Sometimes "new' works as an advantage as well.

Still want to see a few more games.

Leach will get his offense going fast we all know that. He is a great coach and Mississippi State will at the very least always be good on offense. Ms State has a ceiling and it looks like Leach has one too. States ceiling is what Dan Mullen did. Leach, will probably never have a defense to really compliment the offense. He is gimmicky and they ain't coming out of the west alive with all the great coaches and programs in it.

Put that LSU win into perspective. They lost 31 players from last year, plus some opt outs and then they had a DB ruled out right before the game. A brand new team, that had similar covid issues that we did. Then Leach throws his high powered offense out there and they didn't know what hit them. Impressive, but not reason to start screaming "LEACH IS BETTER THAN PRUITT WAH WAH WAH"

Pruitt is building a balanced team to match up with the best of the best. We are recruiting the top players at every position. We have one of the best staffs in America. Pruitt is doing what it takes to win a national title. He ain't about them gimmicks. I think some fans are just a little too traumatized from the last decade to realize when something good is actually happening. We looked WORLDS better than we did week 1 last year, even though we only had everybody available for the first time last week! One scrimmage! Had some key players out. Even JG did infact look better than usual. Especially better than he did when we last saw him.

I saw a team on their way to being a contender. Look how we improved during the course of last season. We are still trending in the right direction.

Its just evident to me that we are a really good QB away from competing for championships. The play calling was a little concerning, but we have the right goals in place and the formula is correct. Leach may have gotten us a QB faster! But would he have gotten top 10 recruiting classes, a staff as talented as ours and a defense as good as ours was even last year and probably will be under Pruitt? No.

Yes, that is the impressive I was referring to.
Sometimes "new' works as an advantage as well.

Still want to see a few more games.
I know.

Leach draws enough up in the dirt to surprise about anybody this year. It just shouldn't have looked that easy, even against an admittedly depleted LSU. Gonna be a weird year.

VN Store

Back