Pruitt Thursday press conference notes

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
>Tennessee had the most guys at practice since the third day of camp. Two good practices in a row.

>Everyone in the two-deep is ready to go against South Carolina. All of them.

>CADE MAYS is cleared to play. Still needs a waiver from the SEC.

>Our pass rush isn't where we would like it to be. We've shuffled a lot of guys in and out.

>Wanya Morris (who has been quarantined twice and has been out for 23 days) and Aubrey Solomon both practiced today.

>Pruitt thinks we've reached a peak on campus. University cases and quarantines have gone down this week. The football team didn't have many cases but did have a lot of quarantines due to contract tracing.

>Bryce Thompson and an unnamed freshman asked for number 0, so Bryce got it.

>We have some injured players, but won't reveal those to South Carolina just yet.

>Austin Pope won't play right now (he had back surgery this summer). Fant, Brown, Allen, Warren are getting reps.

Great news on Cade Mayes and great news on the drop in cases. Maybe the students are finally getting the message.

With this line, Gray breaks Hurd's SO rushing record of 1288.
That would be great if we could have a guy run that yearly. Also a couple WR who have 1000 yards receiving and a QB that has thrown around 4k yards. I'd say then we are back for sure

>Tennessee had the most guys at practice since the third day of camp. Two good practices in a row.

>Our pass rush isn't where we would like it to be. We've shuffled a lot of guys in and out.

>Wanya Morris (who has been quarantined twice and has been out for 23 days) and Aubrey Solomon both practiced today.

>Pruitt thinks we've reached a peak on campus. University cases and quarantines have gone down this week. The football team didn't have many cases but did have a lot of quarantines due to contract tracing.

>We have some injured players, but won't reveal those to South Carolina just yet.

>Austin Pope won't play right now (he had back surgery this summer). Fant, Brown, Allen, Warren are getting reps.
I wonder who are the injured players he mentioned and I hope they aren't serious. It was encouraging to hear him say everybody in the 2-deep would be ready to play and sounded like he's gonna use everyone the whole season. He's not letting anyone know anything about who our playmakers are going to be, not ever mentioning a name when talking about our return game or WRs, incredibly I don't think anyone asked anything about our running game or backs.
I didn't know what to think listening to him speak on the SEC approval of Mays, hard to get a read on which way he was leaning. Sounds like it'll be the 1st historical decision involving an intra conference non graduate transfer. Gonna be tough for them to say no I believe.

The most significant news coming out of that press conference is that the campus is past its peak.

Looks like it is following the same course it's followed everywhere else.

It has it's peak and it trends down.

Great news. Gonna be least contact tracing issues. Looks like we might be good to go. Just weathering the storm!

That would be great if we could have a guy run that yearly. Also a couple WR who have 1000 yards receiving and a QB that has thrown around 4k yards. I'd say then we are back for sure

JG does throw for 4000 yards, it’s just that no one is at the other end for about 1500 of them...

:cool:

But seriously, Go Vols.

Really like this team if we get good QB play.

VN Store

Back