Pruitt Thursday press conference notes

Still needs a waiver from the SEC.
Hey, Greg Sankey!
giphy.gif

Blake Toppmeyer keeps asking loaded questions about kneeling for the national anthem based on hypothetical scenarios that aren't even relevant to college football. I guess he's angling for a job at ESPN.

I wonder who are the injured players he mentioned and I hope they aren't serious. It was encouraging to hear him say everybody in the 2-deep would be ready to play and sounded like he's gonna use everyone the whole season. He's not letting anyone know anything about who our playmakers are going to be, not ever mentioning a name when talking about our return game or WRs, incredibly I don't think anyone asked anything about our running game or backs.
I didn't know what to think listening to him speak on the SEC approval of Mays, hard to get a read on which way he was leaning. Sounds like it'll be the 1st historical decision involving an intra conference non graduate transfer. Gonna be tough for them to say no I believe.
Maurer for sure.

With our oline I hope we could bring the power T back and just run it down their throats

Expect to see opposing teams put 7,8,9 in the box until JG can CONSISTENTLY read, react, and throw the ball. Otherwise you could take the 1st team All American OL out there and the running game would struggle.

Expect to see opposing teams put 7,8,9 in the box until JG can CONSISTENTLY read, react, and throw the ball. Otherwise you could take the 1st team All American OL out there and the running game would struggle.

That's exactly what we want! We have alot of speed a receiver this year. ANYBODY puts 8 in the box and they are getting burned! Book it! With this OLINE, 7 in the box, 6 man line, Gray and Chandler gonna take it to the house.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I think our DL will be decent this season. Not great, not terrible. Hopefully our linebackers and secondary can carry the defense. I think there’s definitely gonna be times where the lack of pass rush is gonna hurt.
I think Bennett is going to be good rushing the passer, I think Crouch can produce sacks and our DBs will produce sacks. If this front 7 can control the running attack I believe our passing D is going to be tops in the league.

Reactions: RockyTop140
JG throws good enough for them not to stack the pocket just ask the Barn

Reactions: FBtime
Jordan says goodbye along with his 104 carries and with this line there will be fewer rush attempt contributed to QBs. Maurer 23 and JG 49. So 176 carries up for grabs.
I don't think the QB attempts are going down to zero. I think Carlin Fils-aime will get some carries. Unfortunately This group is going to have to depend on who's healthy. I think if we're healthy we'll be ok here, if not I'm not so sure. I think Chandler has a breakout season as the kids got talent he just needs that toughness I think Coach Graham will bring to the room. Graham won us many a game on his and his teammates toughness alone.

Yeah, after the first two games of the 2019 season...I'll buy into the hype when I see it for myself.

Go Vols.

I don't think the QB attempts are going down to zero. I think Carlin Fils-aime will get some carries. Unfortunately This group is going to have to depend on who's healthy. I think if we're healthy we'll be ok here, if not I'm not so sure. I think Chandler has a breakout season as the kids got talent he just needs that toughness I think Coach Graham will bring to the room. Graham won us many a game on his and his teammates toughness alone.

Zero attempt, no but the fewer attempts the better.

Give Gray 220 carries he breaks Hurd's SO record. That does even feel like a bold statement to make.

You may want to review the roster. . .Carlin isn't on it. https://utsports.com/sports/football/roster

Great news on Cade Mayes and great news on the drop in cases. Maybe the students are finally getting the message.
F the “message”. College kids are virtually 100% unaffected. Mild symptoms, done in 3-4 days tops, not a big deal whatsoever. Stop all the bs and get back to normal.

Chandler is a subpar running back.
Chandler is a very good RB. He had Some problems blocking and catching the swing pass behind the LOS. He also had to ply behind a not so good OL as a Freshman and an inexperienced OL last year. JG also had some problems throwing catchable balls on a few occasions . He has good speed and can make some moves when there is decent blocking.

VN Store

Back