Pruitt Staffers

Since he said probably February until done with staff, does that likely mean he is waiting on an NFL guy that is in playoffs?

I do not, I think he meant support staff and all administrative roles filled by February. As mentioned, recruits have been told they would meet new WR coach this weekend.

According to John Brice, Pruitt has narrowed WR coach down to David Johnson, Lawrence Dawsey, and Des Kitchings.

I don't know much about any of them but i do know that the guy at Memphis has produced many good WRs. None ranked from what i remember more than a 3 star. Good route runners and good hands.
I will say Johnson from that angle!:crazy::crazy::crazy:

So...quick! Johnson? Kitchings? Who ya got?

Johnson, he has seemed to get a lot out of his players. Plus good recruiting ties to Memphis area, as well as Louisiana.

I'm not really familiar with Kitchings, but from what I read it appears he is highly regarded.

Johnson, he has seemed to get a lot out of his players. Plus good recruiting ties to Memphis area, as well as Louisiana.

I'm not really familiar with Kitchings, but from what I read it appears he is highly regarded.

I generally say go with the recruiting angle.

I generally say go with the recruiting angle.

Well another thing is Johnson has direct experience with WRs, I think Kitchings has only coached RBs. Kitchings is also NC State's recruiting coordinator. I think I'd prefer Johnson over him for the WR position based on experience too. I think our staff will have recruiting covered.

Well another thing is Johnson has direct experience with WRs, I think Kitchings has only coached RBs. Kitchings is also NC State's recruiting coordinator. I think I'd prefer Johnson over him for the WR position based on experience too. I think our staff will have recruiting covered.

Kitchings has coached TE's as well, and he was the OC at Vandy for a year according to his bio. However, he was a receiver and returner while playing.

NC State Athletics - 2015 Football Coaching Staff

I think hiring kitchings maybe means Gillespie moves to WR, and ketchings goes in as RBs. Solid recruiter...

Gillespie was a solid receiver out of the backfield at UF. I think i read that he has the most receiving yards for a running back at Florida.

Would be interesting to see how he does.

I could see this considering when introducing the staff today he didn't give CRG a position like he did the others.

Wait, what? CRG = CMG and CMG = CRG. I don't want him moving anywhere.

*I mean, I know- who cares what I think, but that sounds weird, right?

I would not move CRG either. The one position group that has been consistent is the RBs, I would not want to risk messing that up. Plus that's what he has established himself as and built recruiting ties for that position. I think we need to hire a WR guy for this position.

Reactions: 2 people
I'd keep Robbie G in position if I was him, but then again, I'm not the head coach and don't know the big picture. It wouldn't be bad for him to get some cross experience with other positions as I can see him moving on up eventually as an OC.

I'd keep Robbie G in position if I was him, but then again, I'm not the head coach and don't know the big picture. It wouldn't be bad for him to get some cross experience with other positions as I can see him moving on up eventually as an OC.

this. good coaches are good coaches. and i don't think it's a big deal to move guys around or up on a staff at the position level.

CRG is a very good coach and teacher, and i have little doubt that he could add some value at WR coach. we already know he's a very good recruiter.

i think CJP is keeping his options open so he's not pigeon holed in only hiring a WR coach for that last spot. if he has flexibility with Niedermeyer and Gillespie, then i would take advantage of it, and go hire the best RB, WR, TE coach i can.

my gut says it's Johnson or Kitchings. and my gut also tells me that it'll get done before the recruits show up tomorrow evening for their OV's.

I'd like to see him go after Kasey Dunn from Okie State myself. The guy can identify talent and coach them up. But he's making $300K as a position coach and it'd take a lot more to move him out of Stillwater.

On the other hand, just to spit in Ohio State's eyes, hire away Zach Smith and watch Urban have another heart problem.

Reactions: 1 person
Absolutely hope a change in coaching of RBs and WRs turns into players who catch the ball, hold on to the ball, and significantly increase our YAC numbers. When Jennings went down, it seemed like our offense fell apart. Tired of watching missed opportunities and turnovers.

Absolutely hope a change in coaching of RBs and WRs turns into players who catch the ball, hold on to the ball, and significantly increase our YAC numbers. When Jennings went down, it seemed like our offense fell apart. Tired of watching missed opportunities and turnovers.

a lot of the yac production, or lack thereof, was due to the type of route trees we ran in our offense. there weren't a lot of drags, slants, crossing routes....timing routes where the WR is intended to catch in stride.

we ran a lot of digs, outs and curls. and the occasional go or out and up....most of which we saw in 2016.

we also did a lot of screens and bubbles where the ball was caught at or behind the LOS.

and we were not great at breaking tackles, and WR blocking wasn't "great".

i think the style of offense we'll be playing will impact that, and feel fairly confident in saying that the physicalness of WR's will have to improve.

Reactions: 1 person

Our HS offense fell apart when Dobbs left.

Reactions: 3 people
Possible WR / TE candidate from Colorado St interviewed

[twitter]https://twitter.com/michaelwbratton/status/951525196216852487[/twitter]

[twitter]https://twitter.com/footballscoop/status/951523089044725760[/twitter]

VN Store

Back