Pruitt Staffers

Stickied. Maybe link the names in the first post to the corresponding discussion threads on here, if they exist.

Reactions: 1 person
but...but...but...I thought we didn't want any bammers on the staff. That's 3 more. Where does it end?

Oh, the humanity!!!! We must rise up! It takes a full staff of VFL to offset a bammer head coach....

Hope you forgot your blue font dude

I hope CJP hires a great staff that will help him turn this around in short order. He has a good budget to go get the right guys. Really hoping to see an improvement in S and C area...tired of seeing so many of our key players sidelined due to injury.

[twitter]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jeremy Pruitt already putting together Tennessee staff. As reported by Volquest, USC passing game coordinator and QBs coach Tyson Helton will join him along with Colorado State OC/OL coach Will Friend, Colorado State DB coach Terry Fair and Tennessee RB coach Robert Gillespie.</p>&mdash; Chris Low (@ClowESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/ClowESPN/status/938869429156360193?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 7, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[/twitter]

Well the staff seem to be off to a good start. That will calm some folks nerves, mine include.

OP add Marion Hobby (DL - possible DC or AHC duties) and Jermaine Copeland (WR) to the list.

But can those guys coach?

We just dispatched a staff that could recruit but not develop talent worth a lick.

My thoughts exactly. We had a bus full of 3,4 and a couple 5 stars that got their butts handed to them with regularity by 0-3 star teams. Developing those guys into better and better athletes and men every successive year is the hallmark of a great COACHING staff. Butch and company never managed to do that. Almost to A man the guys that have been successful in the nfl were finally given the teaching to home their craft. Butch could sell ice cream to eskimos but delivering it was his downfall. Hopefully our new staff can get a 3* newby and turn them into a 5 * junior then we’ll be on our way to winning again.

Reactions: 2 people
People need to also remember that we can have an extra assistant coach on staff due to new rule change.

I'd love to see something like...

OC - Helton
RB - Gillespie
WR - Peerless Price
OL - Friend
TE/ST - Tim Brewster
DC - Lupoi
LB - Lance Thompson
DB - Terry Fair
DL - Chuck Smith
Recruiting Coordinator - Running Game Coordinator - Jay Graham.

My thoughts exactly. We had a bus full of 3,4 and a couple 5 stars that got their butts handed to them with regularity by 0-3 star teams. Developing those guys into better and better athletes and men every successive year is the hallmark of a great COACHING staff. Butch and company never managed to do that. Almost to A man the guys that have been successful in the nfl were finally given the teaching to home their craft. Butch could sell ice cream to eskimos but delivering it was his downfall. Hopefully our new staff can get a 3* newby and turn them into a 5 * junior then we’ll be on our way to winning again.

One thing to keep in mind, there have been more Heisman Trophy winners that were 3 stars than 4 and 5 stars combined.

VN Store

Back