Pruitt Staffers

I really hope that Terry Fair, James Wilhoit and Jay Graham get some consideration.

If not Jay Graham, then Gillespie should be retained. He's been the one coach that's done an outstanding job with his players.

Reactions: 3 people
Good news on Coach G and some news on salary and assistants pool. Check my initial post as I will edit as I see breaking news

Reactions: 1 person
I really hope that Terry Fair, James Wilhoit and Jay Graham get some consideration.

If not Jay Graham, then Gillespie should be retained. He's been the one coach that's done an outstanding job with his players.

News on Coach G in my initial post had been edited.

Zone blocking is more of a flow blocking style of who is in front of you at the time but zone read is a specific play where you read the play of a specific coverage or man's decision and play off of that

Inside zone and zone read use the same blocking scheme. Zone read makes backside end stay home and respect QB run. They block an area rather than a man. That doesn't mean you can't combo block and get a hat on a hat.

Thats a lot of staff cash..

[twitter]https://twitter.com/JohnDBrice1/status/938823404983119872[/twitter]

Reactions: 4 people
I know a lot of people are pushing for Tee to come home. But from what I've read, he doesn't call plays & its more of Helton's Offense.

I know a lot of people are pushing for Tee to come home. But from what I've read, he doesn't call plays & its more of Helton's Offense.

I think the world of Tee, but I wonder how much freedom he has with the offense. I could be wrong, but he works for a coach who used to be an OC and sits in the booth with a passing game coordinator (TH).

Y is everyone advocating for Tosh to be DC? On the staff yes DC no. To my knowledge,He's never been a DC

Zone blocking is more of a flow blocking style of who is in front of you at the time but zone read is a specific play where you read the play of a specific coverage or man's decision and play off of that

Yes now go tell the guy who's using them interchangeably.

but...but...but...I thought we didn't want any bammers on the staff. That's 3 more. Where does it end?

Oh, the humanity!!!! We must rise up! It takes a full staff of VFL to offset a bammer head coach....

Neither Rocker, Thompson nor Lupio are Bammers.

Y is everyone advocating for Tosh to be DC? On the staff yes DC no. To my knowledge,He's never been a DC

I assume that Pruitt would be running the defense. You give Lupoi that title and salary to get him here for what he brings to the table as a recruiter.

I assume that Pruitt would be running the defense. You give Lupoi that title and salary to get him here for what he brings to the table as a recruiter.

Understood. I'd much rather offer Sherrer the title and throw money Tosh's way.

I see everybody calling for every UT player that is coaching today to be on the staff, why not get the BEST coaches to be on the staff. I am not sure how Dale Jones and Terry Fair are at recruiting to be honest and Tee would be very good at that aspect of it but remember Tee"s wife wanted NOTHING to do with Knoxville before and I doubt that has changed much if she is still trying to be a Singer/Actress in L.A. KNOXVILLE IS NOT CONSIDERED A HOT BED FOR THOSE CARREERS.

My fear is that he never figures out the offensive side of the ball/doesn't hire a good offensive staff. Recruiting and defense should be OK.

Same here. To win games, Pru must hire a great OC. Pru is a great DC, so he should freaking know who the great OCs are.

VN Store

Back