Pruitt Should Apologize to Fans, the Team & Re-evaluate if He Still Wants to Be Coach

And it is also fact we were never going to finish there.

Geez, what ranking would have pissed some of you off? It is hard to tell.

Okay I get it. We suck, CJP sucks, players suck, recruits suck, the whole damn state sucks. Hell, I just sit here pissed at everything and wallow in my own misery. That about sum it up?

Reactions: 1 person
This recruit class is nosediving. Multiple misses already. “Sure things” flipping to other schools on NSD.

HUGE holes in the secondary and O-Line with little options to fill them. All while, Pruitt stayed at Alabama to coach in the playoffs—time that shouldve been spent working 100% on this recruit class and team.

Alabama benefits and at the same time sticks it to us twice: Pruitt helped them win another NC and it obviously negatively affected this years class and Pruitt’s ability to bring in talent.

Phil shares the blame in allowing him to coach an extra month at Alabama.

So CJP coaches in National Championship Game and helps them win and players wouldn't want to play for said coach.OK gotcha that makes so much sense.

Reactions: 1 person
I would hope even CJP is not happy with the flips to FSU. Given the time he had, I think he did a good job. However, I hope HE expects more next year!!

This recruit class is nosediving. Multiple misses already. “Sure things” flipping to other schools on NSD.

HUGE holes in the secondary and O-Line with little options to fill them. All while, Pruitt stayed at Alabama to coach in the playoffs—time that shouldve been spent working 100% on this recruit class and team.

Alabama benefits and at the same time sticks it to us twice: Pruitt helped them win another NC and it obviously negatively affected this years class and Pruitt’s ability to bring in talent.

Phil shares the blame in allowing him to coach an extra month at Alabama.

How is this obvious? Name one player we missed but would have signed if Jeremy Pruitt hadn't coached in the playoff? Keeping in mind, the most disappointing misses of today were not considering Tennessee until Pruitt was hired.

Reactions: 2 people
The other issue that cant be argued is Georgia was probably going to sign this class even if we hired the spirit of Vince Lombardi as our head coach instead of CJP....

We will never know. Pruitt is the hand this program dealt itself.

The UTAD seems hell bent on bumbling their way into hiring up and comers at this point.

The last 4 hires have proven they don't want to spend on a big name.

All anyone can really do is hope Pruitt is good at learning on the job and coaching up what he has.

A new coach should be willing to start work the day he’s hired. This class might be a reflection of what happens when your working two jobs. Just saying.

Wrong! I would prefer a coach to stay with the team through the season's completion than a coach who left his team which had a bowl game left to play. Shows character and commitment IMO.

❤️🖕🏻

Fire him now and you can send the program to heck below Vandy and Kentucky till after you are dead. Makes me think this program is paying for its legion of miserables sin till they all die off after 40 years in the desert. You were probably one of the idiots who called in shows in 98 saying we were not winning by enough. You don’t deserve a championship team.

Reactions: 4 people
Some of you need to take a few deep breaths. A lot on here gave butch three years to show what was up. Butch couldn’t hold Pruitt’s jock as a coach. Wait till year three, before any apology.

A new coach should be willing to start work the day he’s hired. This class might be a reflection of what happens when your working two jobs. Just saying.

I don't expect anything to cheer you up but Kirby Smart also coached out the playoff with Alabama in 2015. I don't think some of you are taking the early signing period into account and the impact that will have on teams who make hires in December. The reality is the board was already getting full when Pruitt took over on December 8th. He did a nice job of bringing Taylor back into the fold and holding on to some others such as Emerson. For NSD, he swung for the fences with some players we were not previously in on - and except for Peterson - missed.

Let's wait and see what he can do with a full year.

VN Store

Back