Pruitt replacement speculation article

Screw Steele and all the NFL rejects. UT needs a good offensive minded college coach, Kiffin ,Freeze, or Chadwell. Anybody else, they can get rid of the whole freakin program. 40 yrs a fan and I'm ready to get out of the s### show that has become Vol football. Fulmer, Peyton and the rest of the VFL, please stay your a$$es out of it and see if we can't get back to being a winning program. If not, kill it and I can move on

Sorry if already posted. Speculation story by Fansided on possible replacements for Pruitt.

Tennessee football: 5 coaching replacements for Jeremy Pruitt

5. Kevin Steele, Tennessee
4. Lance Leipold, Buffalo
3. Scott Satterfield, Louisville
2. Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina
1. Billy Napier, Louisiana

The Chancellor just said proven HC experience, lifting up a program......that eliminates Steele, he was a failure as a HC. They won’t hire Chadwell, not enough experience, none at BCS level. Satterfield is t leaving lville this year, he is gone from the list. That leaves Napier and Leopold, neither of which will excite the fan base, doubt they get any traction....maybe Napier gets an interview. The next coach is not coming from this list. If Bill O’Brien hasn’t signed on the line with Bama yet he will get a long hard look. Fantastic coach btw.

Sorry if already posted. Speculation story by Fansided on possible replacements for Pruitt.

Tennessee football: 5 coaching replacements for Jeremy Pruitt

5. Kevin Steele, Tennessee
4. Lance Leipold, Buffalo
3. Scott Satterfield, Louisville
2. Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina
1. Billy Napier, Louisiana

These “sports writers” are having a field day with this. Each one is throwing something against the wall to see if it sticks. In the meantime they sit back and rake in the cash from all the clicks they are getting.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I can't imagine anyone with a bright future taking this job with no athletic director and potential sanctions. It will be no name or, worse, already proven terrible. I really think an interim may be a better option.
We are going to have an AD soon. I believe we lose a significant number of current players/recruits if we keep Steele as interim in the short term. An AD and HC should be in place at latest a few days before NSD to keep the current roster IMO. Almost impossible to do in a short timeframe but Auburn provided a good example to follow except we have the extra problem of the open AD position.

We are going to have an AD soon. I believe we lose a significant number of current players/recruits if we keep Steele as interim in the short term. An AD and HC should be in place at latest a few days before NSD to keep the current roster IMO. Almost impossible to do in a short timeframe but Auburn provided a good example to follow except we have the extra problem of the open AD position.
Unless we can get just as good a coach now as we can next season, I disagree. I will gladly lose this class and season for a better coach in the fall or after next season.

Unless we can get just as good a coach now as we can next season, I disagree. I will gladly lose this class and season for a better coach in the fall or after next season.
I believe we lose two or more classes if we do not make a good HC hire soon. Especially the 22 Tn.
Class.

I believe we lose two or more classes if we do not make a good HC hire soon. Especially the 22 Tn.
Class.
If we hire the wrong coach, we lose at least 3-4 full seasons. And our odds of hiring the wrong coach are dramatically better after next season than right now.

Now, if we can find the "right" coach now, of course we should hire him. But what we should NOT do is pick the first guy who says yes and then tell ourselves that was our only option.

If we hire the wrong coach, we lose at least 3-4 full seasons. And our odds of hiring the wrong coach are dramatically better after next season than right now.

Now, if we can find the "right" coach now, of course we should hire him. But what we should NOT do is pick the first guy who says yes and then tell ourselves that was our only option.
We really don’t know if we hire the right coach until we see on the field results. The University needs to hire the best overall candidate now , not next year IMO.’

We really don’t know if we hire the right coach until we see on the field results. The University needs to hire the best overall candidate now , not next year IMO.’
Would you take a relatively qualified coach next December or a random coordinator right now?

At least we don't have to put up with the Grudenon conspiracy bull crud this time. ¡Soon! 😂

These fans calling for Freeze are doing nothing but pulling the image of UT down further. Noway UT hires a man after they fired a man with cause for the same thing. Didn't you see how the SEC shut Auburn down from hiring him? I know east Tennessee has great shine but LAY OFF IT. Freeze is a no go and if UT were to hire him that would be the biggest black mark on our university. I would since i live in bama pull for the golden eagles at Hattiesburg since I should have signed with them after HS. Please for the love of god stop mentioning FREEZE. My question do you follow sports?

Freeze is in shutdown mode for major jobs and if you want him here then I seriously question your love of our school!

VN Store

Back