Pruitt replacement speculation article

Hearing Napier been on some boosters radar for awhile, clean program, won everywhere he’s been. I don’t know how I feel about that choice.

We’d be lucky to nab Napier. He’s a no frills guy who wins.

Napier is a rising star, was born in TN, went to high school on GA, coached all around the southeast and is loved in all of those recruiting states. Is an offensive guy, a relentless 24/7 recruiter, boat raced Campbell this year. Make him say no over and over
Yes! This all day. He may be the next Urban Meyer

Yes! This all day. He may be the next Urban Meyer
Of all the names mentioned, I would be pretty excited if he were the guy UT hired. Thing is he turned down a few SEC schools already. Is UT the job he wants, or would there be too much churn for him given all the turbulence around the program at the moment? He can be as selective as he wants right now

Not saying we should hire him but Scott Satterfield is a hell of a HC. His Appy State teams were damn beasts.
He recruited fine, but turned those boys into ball players in practice with great coaching. He made them believe and his teams played with heart and dedication too. He is not my first choice, but I love him, and would feel a lot better if he was the guy.

Reactions: DERELICK_MY_VOLS
Give Steele 2 years as interim (time enough for the NFL to chew Urban up and spit him back out, and NCAA sanctions to settle) then back up the money truck to the Meyer house.

Yeah, because Meyer definitely knows how to win with INTEGRITY....NOT!!!! He protected a wife beater!!!!! I would take a HC that called Hookers to let my recruits enjoy themselves over someone that protects a wife beater any day of the week and TWICE ON SATURDAYS!!!!!

I just heard Tiki Barber on CBS Sports radio saying Jason Witten is becoming a candidate to be new coach.

Kiffin isn't coming to UT lol
he wants to but will UT want him. Basilio reported he contacted the booster base and spreading interest yesterday at like 2:30 so wasting no time. He knows the ceiling at UT is higher I’d bet money he would come in a heartbeat if given the chance.

he wants to but will UT want him. Basilio reported he contacted the booster base and spreading interest yesterday at like 2:30 so wasting no time. He knows the ceiling at UT is higher I’d bet money he would come in a heartbeat if given the chance.
I'd take Kiffin in a heartbeat. If anything, it would definitely create some chatter.

Reactions: sccshortstop
1. Freeze
2. kiffin
3. Napier
4. Chadwell
5. Fickel

Any of those and I’m ready to roll
Tennessee is not going to hire Freeze, and probaly not gonna hire Kiffin ( But if you want a offense team Kiffin is the man) . They will pick a guy like Napier. That being said 2021 is not going to be much of a season for UT football after the NCAA gets done with us. If the previous coaches gave bags of cash to recruits, that will be a ton of trouble for UT.

Reactions: voldurham
Given our last four hires, even if we hired Saban I would be skeptical he could get the job done.

No to this entire list.

I'll believe it when I see it

I can't imagine anyone with a bright future taking this job with no athletic director and potential sanctions. It will be no name or, worse, already proven terrible. I really think an interim may be a better option.

Let's just wait until the AD is named. You guys are having an outbreak of Chicken Little-itis.

Give Steele 2 years as interim (time enough for the NFL to chew Urban up and spit him back out, and NCAA sanctions to settle) then back up the money truck to the Meyer house.

So Freeze is bad. But a guy who ran a completely outlaw program at UF and protected a wife beater at OSU is good?? Just checking to see where we are.

VN Store

Back