Pruitt replacement speculation article

Sorry if already posted. Speculation story by Fansided on possible replacements for Pruitt.

Tennessee football: 5 coaching replacements for Jeremy Pruitt

5. Kevin Steele, Tennessee
4. Lance Leipold, Buffalo
3. Scott Satterfield, Louisville
2. Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina
1. Billy Napier, Louisiana
No one without more credentials (Herman, etc) will be able to mitigate this. You can’t have google coach take over and expect anything more than our three previous disasters. Worst case if you can’t get the right guy, Kevin Steele a one year interim.

Be nice if we could somehow reverse time and take it back to January 2009. This time saving Tennessee football and also, because of the butterfly effect, America. Obviously the football program takes priority.

Throw a ton of money at Neil Brown. Shoulda done that instead of Aight-bread.

Napier is a rising star, was born in TN, went to high school on GA, coached all around the southeast and is loved in all of those recruiting states. Is an offensive guy, a relentless 24/7 recruiter, boat raced Campbell this year. Make him say no over and over
Pretty sure Chadwell beat him twice this year.

If we go the route of up and comer, I hope it's Chadwell. My first wish is always a homerun hire like Freeze, Kiffin, Gruden, or Malzahn, but we usually end up going the other way.
Did you see Coastal Carolina play? If he was the Vols HC running that offense, the QB wouldn't last half a season in the SEC. No thanks.

1. Freeze
2. Napier
3. Hermann
4. Malzahn
5. Bill Clark UAB

Seriously doubt Freeze will be considered but my top choice. Like Hermann but not sure how his Texas buyout will impact his desire to coach. Ditto Malzahn.

If Mark Ingram from UAB gets the AD job I wouldn't be surprised if Clark came with him

6. Chadwell
7. Steele
8. Kiffin
9. Fickell
10. Campbell

I don't actually think 8 thru 10 would take the job, otherwise they would be higher. To me, if Steele gets the job and is anything more than a 1 year interim that would be a worst case scenario.

11. Bob Stoops (I can dream)
12. Gruden (can't have a UT coaching search without some Grumors)
13. Chris Petersen (again, I can dream)
14. Peyton (because someone will say this with no blue font and mean it)
15. The ghost of General Neyland (his offense from the 50's would be an upgrade)

Most people would have to google every person on that list so seems likely that’s the list the next coach comes from

IF the rumors are true that Steele was promised a position on the future staff, then I'm guessing it is Napier as our future HC. Napier and Steele were Coordinators at the same time at Clemson. I would rather have Chadwell though out of the 2. Chadwell took a Division II team(North Greenville University) and turned them into a playoff contender in 1 season. Then he jumped to another division 1 team before Coastal and made them competitive. Seems like Chadwell is a great offensive mind and program builder wherever he's been. But I think if I'm not mistaken he has NCAA baggage at one of his stops, so he might be out of the equation if we go by the chancellors and presidents qualifications of the next HC.

Reactions: Samthebam

VN Store

Back