Pruitt press conference

That part where he said some of the assistants wanted to do things at the end of the year really stuck out to me when I listened on the radio. Sounds like they know what changes might be coming.

I think it is worth noting that yes, he is making millions, but he also trying to give that money to those that had to take pay cuts in the department. Hate him or love him as a coach, but he seems like he supports the players and staff regardless.

Yes and supports their political views even when wrong.

When Pruitt was hired, I was one of those who felt pretty good at first and was feeling that "at least now we have someone who knows how to actually coach football" after the Dooley and Jones years. My confidence was shaken by the two inexcusable losses (GA State and BYU) last year, but I rebounded a little due to the winning streak.

To start this year, I felt shaky after barely beating a bad South Carolina team. However, a convincing win against Mizzou had me feeling a bit better. And now . . . Well, I am just tired (just like pretty much all of us). I can't believe in this program any more until I actually see some results. There is something way wrong within our Athletic Department, and within the football program specifically.

There can be no more accusations of "fair weather fans." Those of us that are still here have suffered through too many staggeringly pathetic performances, epic collapses, and outright disgraces to be called anything but loyal. This has gone on too long. While I am immeasurably disappointed, I've become numb and pretty much apathetic to the results on Saturdays since it is always the same: We get hopeful and then - BAM! - the wheels come off. Every. Single. Time.

I'm not a negavol. I'm a season ticket holder for 20 yrs plus followed the Vols since 1968.. I'm to the point that I don't pay attention to his press conferences now.. I got the same way with Jones, when I knew it was just yacking.. I miss the days of real Vol football...... Bob Seger - " 20 years, where'd they go"

I agree 100%, Fulmer knowing how it happened to him....I would not be surprised to hear he gets year 5-6 regardless. Having a loyalist former coach as AD who feels he was run outta town too fast will once again come back to bite us squarely in the tail
Fulmer had better not try to correct his past life as Vols coach through Pruitt. That would be about the worst decision he could make.

Reactions: dlravol2
I think it's also worth noting that Pruitt seemed very shaken today, it almost sounded like he was going to start crying
Agree. Perhaps he is embarrassed about Chaney & Co.'s refusal to take a pay cut. Or maybe it is a family deal-who knows? To say it looks bad ( Chaney) is an understatement with people getting laid off and as bad as the offense has been. Bad optics, big time.

Yall are sering what you want to see. It's ghost behind trees. He's not getting fired this year.

Agreed. The administration will plead poverty due to the virus and point to that win streak last year as signs he needs more time IMO.

Some assistant coaches will provide cover with their heads on the chopping block.

But one can still dare to dream lol

Depth chart is out. Same starters, no younger players really listed. JG is leading Pruitt heroically to the end.

If the season ends like we think it will....What coach worth a salt will come join this staff? It brings me back to Dooley's last season.

Reactions: Volsfaninva917

VN Store

Back