Pruitt Press Conference: Spring practice #3

Did anyone understand his point about Trey Smith. He said he’s doing everything but contact and that he wants to play again “someday”...I have no idea what that meant for 2019.

Reactions: Sara Clark
Did anyone understand his point about Trey Smith. He said he’s doing everything but contact and that he wants to play again “someday”...I have no idea what that meant for 2019.
I assume, he/they are optimistic the Dr might release him.

Reactions: Alto1
If I understood correctly, Trey is doing all drills except contact drills. He stated Trey wants to keep abreast of the calls etc with the goal of playing again.

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan
If I understood correctly, Trey is doing all drills except contact drills. He stated Trey wants to keep abreast of the calls etc with the goal of playing again.

This just means he hasn't been ruled out permanently, still clinging to the last but of rope hoping a miracle will happen. Which I can totally understand, it's been his life, passion, future for a long time. He's so close to taste it and yet so far away, has to be tormenting. I hope it would work out for him, but history of other players with this condition have all been negative. It ends careers, or lives, unfortunately. Love to see him become a coach one day, be able to still be in it without the risk, if it's something he's into.

CJP cracking HARD on his D today 😖. And heaping praise on JG re how the game is “slowing down” for him 👍. O is way ahead of D atp. Said he’d never seen a bigger mismatch in pads before. Lighting a fire 🔥
That would be the best news UT could get.... but even as deadpan as Pruitt is that was hardly "heaping".

Reactions: StuAberdeen1
That would be the best news UT could get.... but even as deadpan as Pruitt is that was hardly "heaping".
You must be the biggest Player hater that has ever been on this site. Good work for a devoted troll. Do you have any inpute on any level besides JG hate?? You have such a wealth of knowledge on the JG hate level, surely you have some other useful input on other positions.

In fairness he said that the game has slowed down for JG and that he isn’t afraid to take a hit. Didn’t say much on his throwing.

That said, he didn’t say anything about the young guys throwing except that they need to calm down out there.

So really not much praise for any of the QBs.

This just means he hasn't been ruled out permanently, still clinging to the last but of rope hoping a miracle will happen. Which I can totally understand, it's been his life, passion, future for a long time. He's so close to taste it and yet so far away, has to be tormenting. I hope it would work out for him, but history of other players with this condition have all been negative. It ends careers, or lives, unfortunately. Love to see him become a coach one day, be able to still be in it without the risk, if it's something he's into.

I'm assuming he's still on scholarship, so, he's doing his part to fulfill his obligations to the university. P!us, if he wishes to pursue a life in football in whatever form, he's exactly where he needs to be.

You must be the biggest Player hater that has ever been on this site. Good work for a devoted troll. Do you have any inpute on any level besides JG hate?? You have such a wealth of knowledge on the JG hate level, surely you have some other useful input on other positions.
A lot of people don’t realize you need some sort of line to be a productive QB.( especially in the SEC!) I believe that Is improving, just like JG every year. I think the best thing Pruitt did this offseason was bring on JC as OC, Tee will definitely be a big help in multiple ways as well. (very intelligent hires IMO) JC knows how to bring the best out of a qb and JG definitely has some talent we all haven’t seen yet! I believe this will be a no bs year where we show we are on our way back to the top. Does that mean 9-3 or even 8-4, hell no but it’s certainly possible. The biggest difference we will see this year is a Pruitt coached team with his culture. I believe This results in a much more competitive team! Teams will not look forward to us being on their schedule after this year! Then we will bring in a top 3 recruiting class and keep moving up! Book it!

You just wait. Lol.

Reactions: butchna and Souce

Or go to Volswire for the same info. And don't put much stock in the info. We're playing against our own guys. Doesn't mean much until we're knocking heads with opponents. That's when we'll know if we have a team or a bunch of mustardless franks.

Personally, I think we'll end up with a competitive team that ends up kegling.

CJP cracking HARD on his D today 😖. And heaping praise on JG re how the game is “slowing down” for him 👍. O is way ahead of D atp. Said he’d never seen a bigger mismatch in pads before. Lighting a fire 🔥
This is good considering the Defense is usually ahead at this time.

You must be the biggest Player hater that has ever been on this site.
I suppose you mean unlike those who trash the OL, WR, RB's, coaches, etc to maintain the delusion that one guy bears no blame?

I do not now nor have I ever "hated" JG. He has had limitations. I HOPE Chaney and work will make him as good of a QB as he has the physical talent to be. If that's "hate"... I'll own it. But it isn't.

Good work for a devoted troll.
LOL@U. I'm one of the most tenured posters on this board. I have ONE agenda- see UT football WIN. If you are too "sensitive" to be confronted with the weaknesses of players and coaches... block me or maybe reconsider your presence here. There are a few of us who are pretty candid with our criticism.

Do you have any inpute on any level besides JG hate??
Yeah. But no one else has the excusers JG has. The OL is bad and if you want it... I'll give you a long list of reasons why I think they have underperformed.

FWIW, I used to get posts like yours because I wouldn't just deny Butch Jones' weaknesses. I haven't spent a TON of time saying "I told you so" to people who once drank his kool-aid... but have enjoyed many condemning him after the fact for things I said looked wrong before he was fired.

You have such a wealth of knowledge on the JG hate level, surely you have some other useful input on other positions.

Honest question. Do you know the definition of the word "hate"? Using it like you do makes you look like a "snowflake" for lack of a better word... although I hate that term.

Criticism isn't "hatred". Flattery isn't "love". Denial isn't a virtue.

FWIW, Some of us used to get posts like yours because we wouldn't just deny Butch Jones' weaknesses. Some of us haven't spent a TON of time saying "we told you so" to people who once drank his kool-aid... but some of us have enjoyed many condemning him after the fact for things we said looked wrong before he was fired. Yay some of us!!!

Fify. :)

I am guessing that is more a reflection on Pruitt feeling more ownership of the D and holding to a higher standard and with Chaney just taking over the O, not willing to raz them too much yet. You praise those you really need to come up, you hold to the fire those who are good but need to be better.

I'm assuming he's still on scholarship, so, he's doing his part to fulfill his obligations to the university. P!us, if he wishes to pursue a life in football in whatever form, he's exactly where he needs to be.

Yes, obviously he is still on scholarship, and if he stops playing football, he would still be on scholarship, non football, where he wouldn't count against the 85 as he currently does. Which, if he unable to fulfill his "obligation" to the university, he should be removed from and placed into. If he decides to coach, train, whatever as a career, he can still do that without counting against the 85.

He's a great, or was, player. If he is able to return, awesome. If, as probable, he isn't. I'd rather Pruitt go get another 4/5 star to take his place so we can get an on field contributor, or at least, practice players for others to train against.

Reactions: strkr
I assume, he/they are optimistic the Dr might release him.

Honestly, I think the doctor has probably given him a timeline for precaution. I assume that is if the clots return within the time frame then he'll have to call it quits (recommendation).

Reactions: Sara Clark

VN Store

Back