*****Pruitt post game comments

It’s at this point the fans all of us have to decide whether we are ALL IN WITH THIS STAFF AND TEAM OR NOT. I’m All In . If you can’t be All In now then GTFO and support someone else!

The development of the offensive and defensive lines from game one until now is phenomenal! SEC games are won on the LOS and we won or held own on the LOS the last few games. Makes 3 star skill players into 5 star skill players.

This is a tangible step forward. I’ll admit that after the first two disastrous games of the season, I had zero expectation of real progress. While it’s possible this game was just a flash that will get extinguished in the coming weeks (like the UK victory last season was completely erased by the subsequent garbage against Missouri and Vandy), something feels a bit different this time. I still don’t expect a bowl game, but it’s fun to see these guys fight and grow to build something for the future!
Why don’t you expect a bowl game? Seems to me that we have a pretty decent shot at getting three wins in the next four games, especially with the improvement in the trenches on both sides of the ball. I know it won’t be easy, but winning out is the team’s goal, and I like our chances! GBO!!!

Reactions: vols4evah
Why don’t you expect a bowl game? Seems to me that we have a pretty decent shot at getting three wins in the next four games, especially with the improvement in the trenches on both sides of the ball. I know it won’t be easy, but winning out is the team’s goal, and I like our chances! GBO!!!

I admit that it’s probably Battered Vol Syndrome. This program has shown sign that it might have turned the corner many times in the past decade only to flop over and die when it mattered most.

Examples include: giving up against Vandy last season, Butch Jones having Dobbs and Kamarra on the roster during a year when the rest of the SEC East was as weak as it possibly ever has been and not being able to win it, losing to GSU and BYU to open this year, etc.

This is starting to feel different, like Pruitt has it figured out — and that is what scares the heck out of me. But, as always, I’m a VOL until I’m dead, so I am hoping that my hesitation to get my confidence up proves to be unwarranted. Fifteen years of disappointment and general incompetence will have that effect, I guess.

Man, am I glad that we sent Muschamp home a loser. I absolutely hated losing to him and that garbage program the last few years.

nice to break records in a good way for a change...unbelievable game out of the blue by a collective team...just concerned about the injuries and hope we can continue to work through them...just like yesterday...still got a good chance for a bowl...if you feel a warming glow come over you, don't pay any attention to it...it's just me...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT UAB!

The Vols laid it all out their last night. The coaches did a great job especially with their 2nd half adjustments. Really liked hearing the fans get into backing the team. Hope we didn't suffer any serious injuries other than JG who played a great game. Let's go Vols we still have work to do this season.

This was the game that lit the spark under JG where it all came together. He will be a different player going forward and into next season. Go Vols!

Reactions: TrentVol
Team started coming together before Miss St. game. Apparently not everyone has noticed!
Right, a little at a time. But not for a complete game. The defense and the O-line carried the day, against MSU. Everything clicked, on Saturday, except the kicking game. We missed a FG and punts were not good. Coverage was good.

I was so jacked up when Pruitt got the penalty. I want to see a coach who is all in with his team and will fight to the end FOR them.
l relate CJP's penalty to VOLS Basketball games when Bruce Pearl would get a technical for his antics on the court. Loved it then, love it now with CJP. I think it fires up the team. Go VOLS!

Reactions: 4chrissy

VN Store

Back