*****Pruitt post game comments

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Thanks to the fans. You're talking about a spectacular atmosphere.

"I don't know why you wouldn't want to come to Tennessee...our fans are the best in the country."

Guys have continued to improve. They’re playing with the right habits. This group has been bought in, practicing with the right habits the entire time. It’s good to see it on display tonight.

Nobody blinked after South Carolina's first touchdown.

"'I didn't help the guys and got a penalty. I can't do that. We probably would have held them if I had kept my mouth shut...but I'm going to stick up for my players."

We outplayed a good football team tonight. Awesome in the locker room. Our guys are fired up.

Pruitt on Guarantano's bounce-back performance: "He owned (his performance last week)...he gave us a spark with his leadership and trust."

Jauan Jennings has passion for the game, for his teammates, for the University of Tennessee. What you see on Saturday we see on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

"I don't know anything about (Darrell Taylor's injury) right now."

I think our staff has done a really nice job with what we have and with some of the injuries we have had. Today was one of our better days as the day went.

Pruitt on Guarantano’s health: “I’ll have to talk with the doctors.”

Pruitt on the decision at quarterback going into the game: "I decided because that's the way I wanted to do it."

I thought JT Shrout got better as the game went as far as handing the offense. Was good for him to get an opportunity to play. He played pretty well in spurts.

Pruitt on what Darel Middleton could have done differently on the targeting call: "I don't know. I asked the same question and I got a 15-yard penalty."

Last edited:
Like this comment from Chris Low: "In so many ways, the play that defines this @Vol_Football team and where it's come from is @BroadwayJay2 standing in there and taking the big shot and delivering the TD pass to Jauan Jennings in the back of the end zone and Jennings getting drilled into the wall."

Pruitt is a *&%& FOOTBALL COACH....

He eats it and breathes it....and he will get us to the SEC championship...............S....O.......O........N!

His chewing JG a new azz last week has done more to help JG than it hurt him....AND PROPS to CJP for hanging in there with JG in the process!!
I would've shown JG the door....but CJP hung in there with him and JG played his best FB tonight!!

And that's what old school, tough as leather coaches do for their players...

GO VOLS!!!

Pruitt probably got that penalty on purpose.

He was right that he gave USCe that TD but what he really did was set out Vols totally on fire!

He knew exactly what needed to be done to win his team over 100% and inspire them to really give their all for Tennessee.

That's a A+ in motivation 101.

Shut them down totally in the 2nd half and showing what his D is able to do when they stayed focused and fired up.

VFL...GBO!!!

I saw a team come together, tonight. I saw boys grow into men. I saw a tough as nails Jr. QB, pick himself up off of the deck, dust himself off, and jump right back on the horse. I saw a future NFL LB materialize, and turn into a madman!!!! I saw two senior WR's takeover a game, and lead. I saw true freshmen find themselves. And how about Nigel Warrior? He gives up the opening touchdown, and then he turns into Dale Freakin' Carter incarnate!!
Best of all, I saw a Coach and his staff, coaching with passion and fire!! It rubbed off on the team. They responded, in kind. An absolutely dominant second half, defensively. Kudos to the entire defense, and Coach Ainsley. You were aggressive, fast, and arriving with evil intentions, for four quarters!! That is exactly the kind of defense I have come to expect, over the years. Bravo!!! GBO!!

VN Store

Back