Pruitt only playing one qb

I'm assuming he means the plan (and hope) is to only play one.. Maybe originally they were planning to rotate them both in.. But you have to think if the starter is stinking it up the entire first half and the offense needs a spark, he'd give the other guy a shot...?

I concur that he pick a starter and go with it. Over the course of a season, a team that has two quarterbacks has no quarterbacks.

Reactions: k-town_king
I'm assuming he means the plan (and hope) is to only play one.. Maybe originally they were planning to rotate them both in.. But you have to think if the starter is stinking it up the entire first half and the offense needs a spark, he'd give the other guy a shot...?
He said that he is only playing one guy today period. Those were his words. He said he does not want the qb looking over his shoulder and he will play one guy.

i'm sure if we are down 30 he would play the other guy though.

Reactions: Carlitovol
The only way you should change is if you have a totally confused QB making mistakes otherwise one is the way to go always.

Reactions: k-town_king
Every single QB on our roster with any power 5 playing experience knows from firsthand experience how each backup is only 1 play away from being relied upon to take command of the offense as the field general. This isn't flag football so we need some tough hombres ready to step up when destiny nods. I don't know who it is but life is short and they don't call it Not For Long for nothing. That means those who trust the process even when they're not the featured player at the moment and put the team first will get their opportunity sooner or later when preparation meets it. I hope whoever is #2, #3, and #4 realizes they are important players on this team and can lead from their current place of depth on the roster wherever it is and be promoted in due time. As a team, we need that kind of leadership that shows unity until it's time for next man up, because it will come.

Reactions: Volosaurus rex
On College Gameday about 2 hrs. ago amazingly Saban said the same exact words,"I don't think it's right to have one guy looking over his shoulder." Coincidence?

After that bold as a lion call in the heat of the National Championship, it's safe to say he knows a thing or two about which QBs to play and when as a head coach. That said, it's not a bad sign if our head coach is playing it the same way as the greatest currently still active coach of all time. Some even said Coach Pruitt had something to do with Tua giving Hurts that 2nd half relief in the Natty.

I don't get all the hatred for Keller Chryst:rolleyes:

Even though that was an unnecessary comment I think it was more directed at the ones claiming he was basically handed the job because "why would a gt come to backup" and "he was 11-2" etc. Just like people go in on Dobbs news because of D4h.

We need to all get behind whomever starts.

VN Store

Back