Pruitt only playing one qb

I concur that he pick a starter and go with it. Over the course of a season, a team that has two quarterbacks has no quarterbacks.[/QUO
There weren't but a couple that really pushed him hard. Most of that was a lack of confidence in JG. JG otoh had some cult like followers.

I hope to ride the band wagon with whoever is the man and can be a difference maker = wins.

Completely false. I said plenty "positive" about JG myself. I also discussed his pretty obvious weaknesses and question marks. To which those cult like followers went into raged denial.
Right. By recognizing that he didn't read D's well. He didn't throw on time. And that HE... not anyone else was responsible for the questions about his maturity... that's a failure to put things in "proper context". Denial... isn't "proper context". Sorry.

Sacks are drive killers. Sacks are WORSE than incompletions on the whole. If JG had taken sacks at the rate a less athletic QD did... by making good pre-snap reads then getting the ball out... then you could talk. If he'd just thrown part of those away... his completion % starts to fall in line.

But thanks for proving my point. You can't see any weakness. You have to lay blame on anyone but him for HIS performance last year.

I've stated a hope all along that he would get his act together. If he's the starter and Pruitt hasn't pulled one of the great ruses of all time... then I hope it is because he's improved mentally and emotionally and makes better decisions this year than last. He has an elite arm. He has all the physical ability you need. But don't shift the blame for what HE did to others. Just admit he had weaknesses and join in the hope that he's grown.

Specifically... what do you say he "wasn't great" at? You make a general statement then deny every specific criticism. That isn't "logical disagreement".
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
When I get the time to get on my laptop and not on my phone...I will be happy to respond to this nonsense. I'll just say that your last statement sums things up perfectly. You say that I "deny every criticism" when I never did that at all. You assume that I did because it fits your narrative to argue against points that you make up and not what I actually said. And LOL about "sacks are worse than incompletions". When did I argue otherwise? Another argument you made up for me. I was talking about turnovers, not incompletions.

I'll come back to this, but it's going to likely be a gigantic waste of time. I think we both want him to do well and for the Vols to win, but we look at last year in two different ways.

When I get the time to get on my laptop and not on my phone...I will be happy to respond to this nonsense. I'll just say that your last statement sums things up perfectly. You say that I "deny every criticism" when I never did that at all. You assume that I did because it fits your narrative to argue against points that you make up and not what I actually said. And LOL about "sacks are worse than incompletions". When did I argue otherwise? Another argument you made up for me. I was talking about turnovers, not incompletions.

I'll come back to this, but it's going to likely be a gigantic waste of time. I think we both want him to do well and for the Vols to win, but we look at last year in two different ways.
What specifically was JG not great at in your opinion. That's simple. k-town king and I have actually agreed on a good bit recently but he could never bring himself to admit that JG did anything wrong that was his fault and his alone. Can you?

It is a waste of time... because you made it one.

I agree. As has been said, if you have two QB's, you have none.

I just think this is a silly way to look at it. Having 2 good Qb’s then you have 2 good QB’s plain and simple. How 2 magically turns into 0 has always gave me a chuckle. Football is a brutal sport, you need 2 starting caliber QB’s if you want to win, Just ask the Eagles from last year, cause it worked out great for them.

I just think this is a silly way to look at it. Having 2 good Qb’s then you have 2 good QB’s plain and simple. How 2 magically turns into 0 has always gave me a chuckle. Football is a brutal sport, you need 2 starting caliber QB’s if you want to win, Just ask the Eagles from last year, cause it worked out great for them.
You cannot take the exception and claim it disproves the "rule". By and large, teams use one QB at a time because they have to prepare them mentally and because there is a "feel and flow" to a game. The QB needs to get into it and stay into it mentally.

It is the same reason you wouldn't change pitchers every other batter even if you could.

I don't get all the hatred for Keller Chryst:rolleyes:

I think some fans are just misinformed, I don’t believe the majority of Rocky top hates Keller Chryst. I think they just believe that JG has a bigger upside and that in turn makes their statements come off as they don’t like Chryst. When really deep down they just think JG’s ceiling is way higher. Some folks do get a little overly defensive for one qb or the other but that’s just a product of how much all the fans are invested in The Power T!! There’s not a more loyal fan base in America and sometimes that shows in the message boards. If Chryst starts though, Vol Nation will be behind him 100%. And if anyone doesn’t then they weren’t really apart of our UT family anyways, so screw em!!!! September 1st, 2018 will go down emphatically as the day that A New VOLS dynasty began!! GBMFO

You cannot take the exception and claim it disproves the "rule". By and large, teams use one QB at a time because they have to prepare them mentally and because there is a "feel and flow" to a game. The QB needs to get into it and stay into it mentally.

It is the same reason you wouldn't change pitchers every other batter even if you could.

Pitchers get changed every other batter in the 8th and 9th inning Of games all the time.

As far as your first statement, There are plenty more examples than just the eagles. It is not a bad thing to have two good QB’s and it’s not hard for a team to prepare two QBS and their is no “rule”. Coaches everywhere will tell you they’d rather have to pick between 2 or 3 than only have 1 good one to pick from. It’s just common knowledge, if there’s nobody pushing the starter than he doesn’t have to work hard in practice cause he knows it’s his job. Depth breeds competition, competition births talent, Talent blossoms into wins.

Yeah, and the one QB they’re gonna play today is JG....despite the proclamations from Greazy and LWS. Sure hate it for Greazy, he was sure that Coach Jones would just use common sense since Butch went out and got Chryst as “his guy”. That damn Butch, never can tell what he’s gonna do for 6 years now.

Also, Bob and Tim just now saying the 2 starting corners are Taylor and Bryce Thompson....said they’re tremendous athletes so might as well throw em in the fire and let them learn.

Even though that was an unnecessary comment I think it was more directed at the ones claiming he was basically handed the job because "why would a gt come to backup" and "he was 11-2" etc. Just like people go in on Dobbs news because of D4h.

We need to all get behind whomever starts.

One of the best things you've ever said.

Reactions: OneVolNation
What specifically was JG not great at in your opinion. That's simple. k-town king and I have actually agreed on a good bit recently but he could never bring himself to admit that JG did anything wrong that was his fault and his alone. Can you?

It is a waste of time... because you made it one.
I'm not tryi9ng to get into these discussions today. Just enojy the game and be positive.

But once again I have said what he was bad at. Reading the d quickly and getting rid of the ball quickly. Those were on him. All the sacks were not.

don't believe staff has given up on JG...no way...just design some plays for JG to complement the offense...let the dog's out...:eek:

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back