Pruitt only playing one qb

There weren't but a couple that really pushed him hard. Most of that was a lack of confidence in JG. JG otoh had some cult like followers.
"Cult like followers"? You just had to toss that gem in there because you were always the one trying to throw cold water on someone just for saying something positive about JG. I didn't see any "cult like followers". On the other hand, I saw people who could put his performance last year into proper context and see his potential despite all the negatives surrounding that entire team. The kid missed most of his junior and senior year of high school ball due to injuries, redshirted his first year, and then was thrown out against SEC defenses behind a battered and poorly coached o-line and receivers who couldn't get open. He took too many sacks...many because he didn't want to force throws and cause turnovers. The same people who criticized JG took up for Dormady...who had a lower completion percentage and more interceptions against arguably the weaker part of the schedule and with a healthier team around him.

Your "cult like" seems more like people logically disagreeing with you. JG wasn't great by any stretch, but he showed solid improvement and great ability.

Reactions: advancedrescue27
I appreciate Chryst coming here, I hope it works out for him. However, I don't care who starts, I want the best man in, I'm a Volunteer and I want the Team to win

Reactions: southpaw75
I appreciate Christ coming here, I hope it works out for him. However, I don't care who starts, I want the best man in, I'm a Volunteer and I want the Team to win

It didn't work out for Christ. He died.

But it worked out great for the rest of us, being saved and all. *thumbsup*

[like you, I'll support whatever QB we have on the field--just having fun with you!]

Reactions: CardiacKid
This is smart. We don’t need to “tryout” our QBs by swapping them in live action against WV. Put the guy in that gives us the best shot to win and ride him.

"Cult like followers"? You just had to toss that gem in there because you were always the one trying to throw cold water on someone just for saying something positive about JG.
Completely false. I said plenty "positive" about JG myself. I also discussed his pretty obvious weaknesses and question marks. To which those cult like followers went into raged denial.
On the other hand, I saw people who could put his performance last year into proper context and see his potential despite all the negatives surrounding that entire team.
Right. By recognizing that he didn't read D's well. He didn't throw on time. And that HE... not anyone else was responsible for the questions about his maturity... that's a failure to put things in "proper context". Denial... isn't "proper context". Sorry.

The kid missed most of his junior and senior year of high school ball due to injuries, redshirted his first year, and then was thrown out against SEC defenses behind a battered and poorly coached o-line and receivers who couldn't get open. He took too many sacks...many because he didn't want to force throws and cause turnovers. The same people who criticized JG took up for Dormady...who had a lower completion percentage and more interceptions against arguably the weaker part of the schedule and with a healthier team around him.
Sacks are drive killers. Sacks are WORSE than incompletions on the whole. If JG had taken sacks at the rate a less athletic QD did... by making good pre-snap reads then getting the ball out... then you could talk. If he'd just thrown part of those away... his completion % starts to fall in line.

But thanks for proving my point. You can't see any weakness. You have to lay blame on anyone but him for HIS performance last year.

I've stated a hope all along that he would get his act together. If he's the starter and Pruitt hasn't pulled one of the great ruses of all time... then I hope it is because he's improved mentally and emotionally and makes better decisions this year than last. He has an elite arm. He has all the physical ability you need. But don't shift the blame for what HE did to others. Just admit he had weaknesses and join in the hope that he's grown.

Your "cult like" seems more like people logically disagreeing with you. JG wasn't great by any stretch, but he showed solid improvement and great ability.

Specifically... what do you say he "wasn't great" at? You make a general statement then deny every specific criticism. That isn't "logical disagreement".[/quote][/QUOTE]

Reactions: BeardedVol
Even though that was an unnecessary comment I think it was more directed at the ones claiming he was basically handed the job because "why would a gt come to backup" and "he was 11-2" etc. Just like people go in on Dobbs news because of D4h.

We need to all get behind whomever starts.
*whoever

Reactions: k-town_king
You need to make a statement like this so that the QB that starts the game won't be thinking about being jerked around. It doesn't mean he won't be taken out if he gives the coach a reason to replace him.

It’s always been JG’s job to lose.

Chryst was brought in to boost up his confidence, not necessarily take the QB position away from him.

Unless JG completely falls apart or gets injured, it’ll be hard for Pruitt to pull him from the game.

Reactions: k-town_king
I don't get all the hatred for Keller Chryst:rolleyes:

I have nothing against Chryst, and if he is clearly better than JG then role with him.

In the long run, JG does appear to be the better player. And JG getting more playing time/experience far outweighs anything else.

JG is a baller, I in the depths of my heart believe he was very very under developed and restricted in his play by the old coaches. I fully expect to see a deferent player on the field. He already showed toughness, and a high level of competitiveness. I know that isn’t enough alone, but he does have the talent, it just wasn’t allowed to fully show last year, and neither was many others talent able to show.

JG has the talent and potential to be great. It’s time for it to shine.

Its all fake. Jennings is going to start at qb. Guarantano will reverse it to him on the first play and west Virginia is going to pee their pants.

He did say the plan is to just play one QB. However, he also said as long as the guy starting performs as he should, he will finish the game. Kinda gives him an out if he thinks he needs to change up things.

Someone listened.

CuzinGreazey be “always right” cept when he isn’t...which is ALWAYS. 😉

VN Store

Back