Pruitt keeps his job if...

Just saw a report that South Carolina decided to swallow the 13 million dollar buyout because they "feared fan apathy would cost them more than 13 million dollars."

We are a prime example of that. I believe I saw that last season we averaged 74,000 actual fans in the seats. With that many unsold tickets, plus concessions/merchandise you're looking at losing about 12-15 million dollars in revenue over 7 home games. The buyouts don't seem so big all of a sudden when you see how much we are losing per season because Phil stuck us with a brain-dead Bammer.

So 2 more massive 30+ put uncompetitive beatdowns at our stadium wont start it?
It’s already started.

The money hasn’t ever nor will it ever be tied to the school. The money is there, will the boosters agree to spend it, that’s the million dollar question. It will require bringing the wolf back into the hen house to get it done.

The 22k covid fans need to stay home the rest of the year and stay home next year instead of donating your money just so you can brag about having season tickets but nothing to show for it

Just saw a report that South Carolina decided to swallow the 13 million dollar buyout because they "feared fan apathy would cost them more than 13 million dollars."

We are a prime example of that. I believe I saw that last season we averaged 74,000 actual fans in the seats. With that many unsold tickets, plus concessions/merchandise you're looking at losing about 12-15 million dollars in revenue over 7 home games. The buyouts don't seem so big all of a sudden when you see how much we are losing per season because Phil stuck us with a brain-dead Bammer.
Ding ding ding....

God I wish the UT admin were this smart...

The no fire promise in Covid season is probably still in effect, however that may have contributed to the lack of focus and lack of intensity that had put the Tennessee program into a 2-8, 3-7 framework, the administration, the athletic department and the coaching staff decided this was an exhibition season, but nobody bothered to tell the fans and long time supporters of all things Big Orange. Whether or not Fulmer or Boyd can mend the fences from this most recent fiasco and bad image of a bunch of scrooges sitting on their salary, perks and benefits remains to be seen.

The athletic department is refunding thousands of $5,000 and $2,500 annual donations back to the smaller donors, since they breached the agreement to sell the seats for football and basketball season that had been offered and purchased in the solicitation, moving those guys to alternative seats to make room for the donors that give larger gifts into their seats. Ironically, many of the larger corporate boosters make in kind donations through use of their jet aircraft, pilots and personal vacation homes, in kind credit at the finest restaurants in Knoxville and across the state and new vehicle use credits, such that most of the athletic department leadership and coaches drive new vehicles from the dealers that support UT athletics, but you can't pay debt service, coaches salaries, the light bill, the staff salaries, health insurance and benefits on in kind contributions and with millions being refunded to the little guys, you have the projected $60 million shortfall running through June of next year. The number may actually be higher and to throw a multi million dollar buyout of a staff on that mess would be hard for Fulmer or Boyd to justify in any scenario.

But to see these guys that brick the little donors time after time, again and again, subjected to the wrath of fandom and a hardend media that has been critical of Tennessee athletics this fall, it couldn't happen to a more deserving crowd.
How many sports has UTK cut? Seems like everyone else has done this but I’m not reading about any in Knoxville.

Pruitt ain't getting the ax this year. That will be next year. If we want his ass gone then we need to organize as we did against the Schanio hire. We need to march our asses right down there and tell them he's got to go or the money goes. We did it once to keep a scum bag from being hired, so we should be able to do it again to get rid of a brain dead head coach right? "Hell no Pruitt's ass got to go," say it again "Hell no Pruitt's ass got to go" I can't hear you "HELL NO PRUITT'S ASS GOT TO GO" Hell let's get Clay Travis in on this front and center. Right now we should be sitting at 2 and 5 but the rona bailed us out on that 5th loss for now. If you think we are beating A@M well you might be a Pruitt supporter.

My personal opinion is that Pruitt is going nowhere after this year, unless he looses to Vandy.

If he shows progress (meaning HB gets significant playing time the rest of the way), then he is off the hot seat for this year, provided he beats Vandy.

I expect HB to become the starter in the final 3 games, with Shrout, Maurer, and JG leaving the program after years' end.

HB will start next year, transfer will come in for backup and Salter with either be co-backup or redshirt. All will be well.

My personal opinion is that Pruitt is going nowhere after this year, unless he looses to Vandy.

If he shows progress (meaning HB gets significant playing time the rest of the way), then he is off the hot seat for this year, provided he beats Vandy.

I expect HB to become the starter in the final 3 games, with Shrout, Maurer, and JG leaving the program after years' end.

HB will start next year, transfer will come in for backup and Salter with either be co-backup or redshirt. All will be well.
JG was going to start against A&M had he been cleared, I don't expect that to change this week

God I hope not. It looks like the Haslams have had more bad hires under their control than when not...IF what we’ve all been told has been correct.
Like for the big IF.
Other than twitter idiots, who has ever told us that the Haslam family does not have the same level of influence it has always had?
They never went away.

JG was going to start against A&M had he been cleared, I don't expect that to change this week

I think it changes because HB is getting more used to the play book and is looking more like a capable starter.

I would expect JP, with some prodding from Chaney, will agree and get Bailey significant playing time against Auburn in second half.

HB then would be tuned up to the point that he starts against Vandy, Fla, and A&M. We won't beat Fla and A&M even with Peyton at qb.

If that scenario doesn't play out, then next year would be a lame duck year with Pruitt coaching until an adequate replacement is found, or he starts off 4-1.

I think it changes because HB is getting more used to the play book and is looking more like a capable starter.

I would expect JP, with some prodding from Chaney, will agree and get Bailey significant playing time against Auburn in second half.

HB then would be tuned up to the point that he starts against Vandy, Fla, and A&M. We won't beat Fla and A&M even with Peyton at qb.

If that scenario doesn't play out, then next year would be a lame duck year with Pruitt coaching until an adequate replacement is found, or he starts off 4-1.
I think 3 wins is the ceiling for Pruitt next year, he doesn't know how to manage a program, he's insecure and a disaster behind the scenes. The clock has started

The first salvo comes from Columbia.

Boyd needs to go to our big money people and ask if they will pay the buyouts for a big name.
If they say yes, he gives Fulmer a list and says that Phil can contact their agents or he will.

Relax. ZZZZzzzz

Reactions: feathersax
The first salvo comes from Columbia.

Boyd needs to go to our big money people and ask if they will pay the buyouts for a big name.
If they say yes, he gives Fulmer a list and says that Phil can contact their agents or he will.
The only thing Boyd will be shopping for is a turkey for next weeks thanksgiving spread.
GBO!!

VN Store

Back