Pruitt just said offensive coordinators are overrated

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but the stuff he said about offensive coordinators really concerns me.
As Tennessee fans, we know better than anybody how important offensive playcalling is. Look at the Jones era. Playcalling can lose you games when you have the talent to win. I dont want another first time offensive coordinator. Look at how that worked out with Larry Scott.

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but the stuff he said about offensive coordinators really concerns me.
As Tennessee fans, we know better than anybody how important offensive playcalling is. Look at the Jones era. Playcalling can lose you games when you have the talent to win. I dont want another first time offensive coordinator. Look at how that worked out with Larry Scott.

There is only so much you can do with Butchs offensive scheme.

Tennessee just needs consistency. If we are recruiting players for a pro style offense then we need to stick to pro style coordinators.

Reactions: Vato
It bothers me a bit. If that's true why pay Helton 1.2 mil
I think the coach has/had bigger fish to fry. Doesn't matter who he brings in if the talent isn't there. While he could be looking in the camera and lying all day long, I'm going to assume he knows what he's talking about, trust him...until he shows reason not too. With that said, I think we see movement with the OC search now.

I was going to suggest somebody go to JP's house and rummage through his garbage...maybe there's a clue in there we're missing...my poor attempt at humor over a subject that's hasn't seen as much attention since OJ's days.....JMO

VN Store

Back