Pruitt just said offensive coordinators are overrated

He also basically said that hiring an offensive coordinator isn't a priority. What do you guys make of that?
After this year and after what Butch Jones left him to work with. I am sure he focused all his time lately working on recruiting. And i got no problem with that. Like it or not people but Butch Jones left him one of the worst teams in the SEC. Give credit where it is due. Pruitt and his coaches took this team and won 2 games against top 25 teams. That hasnt been done in a long time at UT. The problem this team just ran out of gas toward the end of the season. or we would of got to 6 wins. Pruitt will fix all this

After this year and after what Butch Jones left him to work with. I am sure he focused all his time lately working on recruiting. And i got no problem with that. Like it or not people but Butch Jones left him one of the worst teams in the SEC. Give credit where it is due. Pruitt and his coaches took this team and won 2 games against top 25 teams. That hasnt been done in a long time at UT. The problem this team just ran out of gas toward the end of the season. or we would of got to 6 wins. Pruitt will fix all this
Prepare to get mauled by the legion of miserables

Well... Pro style offenses don't work with lesser talented teams. We need creativity badly to move the ball.

So how do you know he wants an old school pro style offense? How do you know he doesnt want a pro style like Saban runs?

You just described a guy

Amazing, I never knew a guy was "gal." Are you a Left Hand of Darkness resident?
alien-gender-t-shirt

Great that us loyal fans believe but as shown by recruiting... they are not impressed.

He won 2 games against one dimensional teams. Auburn couldn't run it and Kentucky couldn't throw it. Any team that wasn't one dimensional pounded our butt. We had a lot of positive things going after Kentucky, but Pruitt screwed the pooch the last 2 games. You can't tell me it wasn't 100% the players fault we got creamed against Vandy.

Full quote in case it hasn't made it here yet:
"The offensive coordinator, sometimes, is overrated. You can look and watch these teams out here, and there’s some of these teams, it probably doesn’t matter who the offensive coordinator is, based off talent or lack thereof."

if Dooley or Butch had said this we'd have savaged them so badly

I get what he means I think -- the Jimmys and Joes make the X's and O's go. But it's one of those things where it's just the worst thing to say after your OC search has carried on for nearly a month.

"The offensive coordinator, sometimes, is overrated. You can look and watch these teams out here, and there’s some of these teams, it probably doesn’t matter who the offensive coordinator is, based off talent or lack thereof."
I think the soundbite was kinder.

Cringe cringe cringe.

EXACTLY!! What he is saying is that the OC doesnt matter if you dont have the players to execute and that was the focus for today

Full of dumb^

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
Might be right about hot skinny blondes. Too many are spoiled, self-centered, money wasting things who think the world revolves around them. Give me a good old-fashioned country gal who doesn't spend a fortune on warpaint, shoes designed to be looked at instead of serving a useful function and trinkets. Who can skin game, fish as good as any man, smoke venison, do canning, dare you to meet her in the bedroom for 2-hour romping sessions, and love football, especially Vols football. I take that one over some skinny "I. me, and myself" blonde any day.

OK, since I am going to be all inclusive now (I am trying to be more PC).....

It is the equivalent of a saying a "Hot, young, down home, brunette that says fixin to and yall is not all that" when she rejects you OR

It is the equivalent of saying a "Slightly Fiery, hot, young redhead is overrated" because she dumped you...

He won 2 games against one dimensional teams. Auburn couldn't run it and Kentucky couldn't throw it. Any team that wasn't one dimensional pounded our butt. We had a lot of positive things going after Kentucky, but Pruitt screwed the pooch the last 2 games. You can't tell me it wasn't 100% the players fault we got creamed against Vandy.
Those were definitely two quality wins considering the current state of the program. Talking about what those teams don't do well is just a lame attempt to diminish those wins. Butch Jones didn't beat a ranked team on the road (or an SEC West opponent at all) during his entire 5 year tenure. Not every poster here wants to be 100% negative 100% of the time.

This is 2018. We don't have time for "context". We're here for hot takes and constant rage.

Even if true (which I dont believe, but would be willing to stipulate for purposes of discussion), that was an incandescently stupid thing to say publicly. Very disappointing.

VN Store

Back