Pruitt has met with Freeze about OC position (Price)

This is an important hire. It doesn’t have to be Freeze, but if we botch this hire and end up with some dolt, I’m going to lose my mind. I don’t think that will happen but, BVS.
If we do get a dolt, i want a new forum called "The Asylum" where we can all.lose our minds together. Or, just rename the Politics forum. Apropos either way.

Friend, I have not posted on another thread anytime recently.

So far, in just an hour I have heard the usual slings at someone who may post an opposing opinion.

Those are fine.

I had hopes a reasonable discussion was available.

Unfortunate that is still not the case.

Well, as with Gruden, I don't think Freeze is the man, but I could be wrong.

I'll check in next year, maybe.

Freak, congrats on the success of this site. You have done well to keep this going and growing.
Yep, you were being reasonable while everyone else attacked you.
Or you actually were the one saying all the things in the quotes below.
Anyone who thinks this is a great hire is foolish.
You got a man crush Freak?
Way to go champ.
I knew that bedazzle class would pay off for you when others laughed.
Yes, a new OC every year does wonders for the team. Keeps them on their toes to have to learn a new offense each year.

Excellent advice there Champ of Life.

Nobody is going to change anyone’s mind. I understand some don’t want the baggage.
Freak we have to hire Freeze regardless of his baggage or our shared BVS. Let some people be outraged for a day or two until they find something else to get outraged about. Tennessee has NO real choice here bc we’re already WAY behind Bama and if we don’t hire him BAMA WILL and we absolutely must take Freeze off the market first. Or we’ll never catch up.

Pruitt and Fulmer obviously see this so for once we’ve outmaneuvered Bama for first option on a top coach. Bama’s hands are tied atm due to postseason competition and we’re using this against them to strike first.

For all I care Pruitt could hate the guy and what he wants to do on O and it doesn’t matter he’s got to do the deal with Freeze and learn to like it. Or the doomsday clock starts ticking on Pruitt’s tenure as our HC.

YES I’m saying hiring Freeze is a make or break decision for Pruitt. And our beloved Vols. Without Freeze I’ve got no doubt Pruitt will rebuild our crumbled base with another solid OC but we’ll never eclipse Bama at the top of the SEC with Freeze as their OC for the next 2 years.

The only way I don’t see this going through is if Freeze turns us down for whatever reasons. There’s nothing we can do about that. But I don’t see that happening atp.

Fingers crossed this gets done ASAP.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Yep, you were being reasonable while everyone else attacked you.
Or you actually were the one saying all the things in the quotes below.
Oh snap

He called that man out for playing the victim then provided citations

Well done sir

If he doesn’t have a dual threat QB to run his system correctly, he’s dead meat.
Auburn actually doesn’t run “Lindsey’s” system. Not trying to be a jerk at all, but I thought the same thing. I’ve read several accounts that it’s completely Malzahn’s system. Similar to Butch not letting Shoop run his system. Having said that, I’m not really sure what Lindsey’s system would be.

I would like to see us go after McClendon personally, FWIW.

Auburn actually doesn’t run “Lindsey’s” system. Not trying to be a jerk at all, but I thought the same thing. I’ve read several accounts that it’s completely Malzahn’s system. Similar to Butch not letting Shoop run his system. Having said that, I’m not really sure what Lindsey’s system would be.

I would like to see us go after McClendon personally, FWIW.
Well then I’m not sure what the warranted hype is coming from. I’m not familiar with his previous stops before auburn

I think Pruitt hires Dan Enos from the Bama coaching staff. He is the Asst. head coach and QB coach. He has been a OC before. People on here worry too much. About who Pruitt will hire. If Tennessee hires a guy like Freeze he will be gone in a year or two. So hire a guy like Dan Enos who Pruitt knows and someone who will be here for a while. You people always got something bad to say about a Freeze, Kiffin, but is Saban hires them he is a a coach who is a trend setter or he is ahead of his time. Everybody is tired of what Tennessee football has become. The higher ups at Tennessee is the one to blame. Hiring Kiffin, Dooley and Jones. Kiffin left for his dream job. (i dont blame him for that). You people want any former Tennessee player to leave their job and come here. No different in what Kiffin did. Dooley and Jones were just in way over their heads.

Reactions: UTNoFear

VN Store

Back