Pruitt has met with Freeze about OC position (Price)

You're the one who implied it wouldn't work.
Everyone pointed out you were wrong.

And as you've done in this and in the other thread, once you're proven wrong or don't hear the answers you want to hear, you start insulting people or implying they're ignorant.

Friend, I have not posted on another thread anytime recently.

So far, in just an hour I have heard the usual slings at someone who may post an opposing opinion.

Those are fine.

I had hopes a reasonable discussion was available.

Unfortunate that is still not the case.

Well, as with Gruden, I don't think Freeze is the man, but I could be wrong.

I'll check in next year, maybe.

Freak, congrats on the success of this site. You have done well to keep this going and growing.

Reactions: UTNoFear
Hugh Freeze will be hired and gone by the time Harrison Bailey ever touches the field for UT.

The downside of hiring Freeze is instability. He coaches one season and bolts. Highly likely.
There are ways to mitigate that risk.

Hugh Freeze will be hired and gone by the time Harrison Bailey ever touches the field for UT.

The downside of hiring Freeze is instability. He coaches one season and bolts. Highly likely.

And if the on-field product improves...so does the program. Chad Morris was at Clemson 4 seasons but laid the framework for offensive success that has continued. Need something to get our cart rolling and then it’ll be easier.

Reactions: tnvols72 and gunner
Friend, I have not posted on another thread anytime recently.

So far, in just an hour I have heard the usual slings at someone who may post an opposing opinion.

Those are fine.

I had hopes a reasonable discussion was available.

Unfortunate that is still not the case.

Well, as with Gruden, I don't think Freeze is the man, but I could be wrong.

I'll check in next year, maybe.

Freak, congrats on the success of this site. You have done well to keep this going and growing.
Appreciate it. I understand your point on Freeze and while I think you’re in the minority, you’re certainly not alone in your thinking.

No change. I want him. I just have BVS. I’m trying not to get my hopes up. Never mind, too late. Guess I’ll be leading the meltdown. lol

To be fair, this isn’t like Gruden where we were hanging on the foolish words of fake insiders in the vain hope it would be true.

I mean we have major journalists reporting we met with Freeze. So excitement is warranted

I really hope this works out, I fear the Bama OC to Maryland and Freeze to Bama scenario though. Tennessee seems to have this obsession with finding some “up and comer” who turns out to be the next big thing.

Come on you guys. Of course it is short term for Freeze. Two years is probably max if he is really successful. But his real success will mean a lot and make it easy to attract any OC that CJP wants to hire. In a couple of years Freeze can completely validate JP as a top tier championship coach and then after his "rehabilitation" move on to a top tier program of his own. Remember there is a common thread in this knot and that is an agent named Jimmy Sexton. Understand, he represents everybody!

And if the on-field product improves...so does the program. Chad Morris was at Clemson 4 seasons but laid the framework for offensive success that has continued. Need something to get our cart rolling and then it’ll be easier.

I hear ya. Good point.

I really hope this works out, I fear the Bama OC to Maryland and Freeze to Bama scenario though. Tennessee seems to have this obsession with finding some “up and comer” who turns out to be the next big thing.
When the hell has UT ever hired an up and comer who turned out to be the next big thing?

Because I use speak to text.
if we hire him, I will correct it enough that it'll start using the proper spelling. Until then, I'm not going to bother. Does that answer your question or you still going to keep being an ass? 😂
I just wanted to be sure I wasn’t the one spelling it wrong. It wasn’t you, I’ve been seeing that all day. Lol.

If we could hire Kiffin or Dooley for OC, who's the better option?

At this point, Pruitt needs some energy injected into the program and, almost as importantly, the fanbase. Freeze would do the trick. There are some fans that would not like it, but the vast majority are enthusiastically in favor. Hoping that the deciding criteria in the search will be getting the best OC available. That, without question, is Freeze.

VN Store

Back