Pruitt goes where the money is....

Every time I think the stupidity level on this forum couldn't possibly go any higher, we get something like this. Our current coach accepts raises and promotions when offered, and you felt this was worthy of an entire thread to point out?! You had to have been dropped on your head as a child...

Reactions: 2 people
OP has apparently approached compensation increases in his career very differently than myself and Jeremy Pruitt.

Reactions: 1 person
Not to offend but I don't understand the premise here. If you are good at your job, you get promoted up the chain. As you climb the chain you make more money. Do you think Majors make the same money as Privates?

Having spent 20 years in the Army, I've seen plenty of Majors that shouldn't make as much as a private.

2013) -DC at FSU he made 500k (won a NC)

2014-2015) DC at Georgia he made 850k annually (also became FA per say after Mark Richt left to Miami)

2016 -2017) DC at Bama he made 1 million annually

2018 ) HC at Tennessee --- 3.8 million annually

I'm guessing that he'll want extensions every year. Not saying that's a bad thing, but I hope he earns it.

Whats the point of this? Pretty typical human behavior.

If it wasn't for our great fan base we would be talking about Schiano making even more (and in that case it would be completely undeserved, where I think we got Pruitt for a bargain basement price). And you should hope that Pruitt does so well that we have to double his salary few years from now instead of having another hundred ridiculous Gruden threads to deal with ...

Reactions: 2 people
I feel brain cells dying in agony just reading this thread.

edit: The OP murdered them brain cells. VN replies allowed for some recovery.

Last edited:
My career goal has always been to have a stagnant salary or, even better, a salary that decreases over time. Money is overrated.

He started out as an elementary gym teacher. Went on to coach hs special teams and the rest is history

So what we are saying is Pruitt is just normal and wants a pay raise. I concur and go where the money is as well.

he made the move from GA to Alabama because the entire staff at GA got let go... so i wouldnt count that one.

2013) -DC at FSU he made 500k (won a NC)

2014-2015) DC at Georgia he made 850k annually (also became FA per say after Mark Richt left to Miami)

2016 -2017) DC at Bama he made 1 million annually

2018 ) HC at Tennessee --- 3.8 million annually

I'm guessing that he'll want extensions every year. Not saying that's a bad thing, but I hope he earns it.

Funny, I don't remember a similar post from you when Butch Jones was hired.

My career goal has always been to have a stagnant salary or, even better, a salary that decreases over time. Money is overrated.

Dont forget to open a welfare agency and pay a 40 percent tax rate after donating half your salary to the Fund for Illegal Terrorist Immigration. Keep enough for destitute drug dealers, coyotes and emerging murderer school too.

Dont forget to open a welfare agency and pay a 40 percent tax rate after donating half your salary to the Fund for Illegal Terrorist Immigration. Keep enough for destitute drug dealers, coyotes and emerging murderer school too.

Don't forget to fund free abortions for illegal immigrant teens!

VN Store

Back