Pruitt Frustrated By Lack of Support

Bid farewell to the endless summer of FIRE MALZAHN

I'm not sure what else Jeremy Pruitt thinks he should be given that he does not have at the moment. We're spending top-dollar for assistants and until this disaster of a season he had plenty of fan support around the program. If he is so soft that he is mad fans want him fired after an historically terrible year, I don't know what else to say. At that point, he should just resign and go be a DC.

If this is how Pruitt actually feels, I'm not sure how you can justify giving him another year to tank the program further. Give him his walking papers and let him go be a DC somewhere else if that's what will make him happy.
Glad you are forking over the dough.....

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I’m not even sure what the right answer is here. If he’s miserable he should pack up and go. Not only for us, but for him and his sanity. I can’t imagine the pressure of coaching in the SEC. Anyone who takes a head coaching position at a school who’s had success should know it’s going to be a pressure cooker.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Well this (if true) just confirms that Pruitt isn't head coach material, something some of us have known for a very long time now.

He really should just grovel back to his safe space at Bama. Maybe he can be Saban's new intern now that Bullocks Jones is at Arkansas State.

Reactions: dlravol2
If he really feels this way he should resign. It's not honorable to take money for a cause or employer you do not believe in yourself. It's like working for Coke but buying and telling everybody within earshot Pepsi is better.

Reactions: preacherwebb

I'm not sure what else Jeremy Pruitt thinks he should be given that he does not have at the moment. We're spending top-dollar for assistants and until this disaster of a season he had plenty of fan support around the program. If he is so soft that he is mad fans want him fired after an historically terrible year, I don't know what else to say. At that point, he should just resign and go be a DC.

If this is how Pruitt actually feels, I'm not sure how you can justify giving him another year to tank the program further. Give him his walking papers and let him go be a DC somewhere else if that's what will make him happy.
I think it was pretty obvious what he really wants to do when he chose to stay and finish coaching at bama instead of rolling up his sleeves and getting to work at his new job. As soon as he said that, Fulmer should gave ended the interview and moved on to the next candidate. Now we are going to be paying another coach to help bama win games.

No it doesn't and it never has. The peanut gallery has always existed in sports it's just that ours is currently out of control, just like they were years ago when they led us off the cliff because they insisted they knew what was best for the program. They've been blaming someone else over the Vol woes ever since.

You just continue to try and push some kind of b.s. narrative that isn't rooted in truth or relevance. Nobody is out of control but people expect someone who is the highest paid state employee to deliver more than what has been given the past 3 years. If it makes you feel good to blame fans for the current situation then go ahead but it makes you look pathetic and clueless.

Of course he won’t quit, he wants the buyout money. But I wonder if he can be fired with cause, if he made those statements? If so, TN wouldn’t owe any buyout.

There may be more going on than we know behind the scenes, It hasnt made sense to me why there is so much talk about this job and why Hugh Freeze is apparently talking so much about us, maybe smoke screen but Pruitt in my eyes is rock solid for next year if he wants to stay but maybe he doesnt.

Reactions: davethevol
No, our fanbase used to support the football team no matter what their record was or what our chances of winning were. Today's fan cries and whines and could care less about this year's team who coincidently is still playing out the year. The NegaVol faction of our fanbase has put a nasty stain on how our fanbase is now viewed.

Not even remotely true. M.B. Banks...

M_B_Banks_-_Drake.jpg

...did not enjoy the support of the alumni by the end of his time at Tennessee.

Harvey Robinson...

Harvey_Robinson.png

...lost the support of alumni and fans in the 1950s after replacing Neyland and producing mediocre results.

The Tennessee fanbase had ambitions back then as well. Grandpa and Great-Grandpa had just as low a tolerance for failure as we had.

The difference is our athletic leadership had far less tolerance for incompetent displays than we have now. Banks was ousted with a winning record because he couldn't beat anyone worth a damn. It annoyed Dr. Dougherty...

220px-NathanDougherty.jpg

...who thought that getting jackhammered by Vandy and other quality opponents year in and year out wasn't good enough.

Robinson was knocked off after two years because General Neyland took a closer look at the state of things and found the leadership from the head coach utterly and completely lacking.

The difference now is that the ambition and hunger for better, a drive once shared between fans and administrators, is no longer a motivating factor for UTAD. Power and control now mean more than putting the best team possible on the field.

Now he knows how Gus and Muschamp have felt the last 4 years.

No, our fanbase used to support the football team no matter what their record was or what our chances of winning were. Today's fan cries and whines and could care less about this year's team who coincidently is still playing out the year. The NegaVol faction of our fanbase has put a nasty stain on how our fanbase is now viewed.
The crying and whining has always occurred. It’s just more visible now with social networking.

You just continue to try and push some kind of b.s. narrative that isn't rooted in truth or relevance. Nobody is out of control but people expect someone who is the highest paid state employee to deliver more than what has been given the past 3 years. If it makes you feel good to blame fans for the current situation then go ahead but it makes you look pathetic and clueless.
^ All Truth there....especially that top portion.

One more point. Our fan base is comparable to any of the other SEC schools who are having tough years. Just wait for Saban’s retirement and see how negative the Alabama fan forum’s will be.

I don’t buy it. Pruitt has to realize his lack of support is due to losing. No one would complain about lack of support when you lose 6 straight games.

VN Store

Back