Pruitt Fired for Cause. No buyout. Fulmer retiring.

Fits for them but for him?

1. He “could” get the opportunity to at least interview for the job......or maybe even a “try out” for the season.

2. “Maybe” they already know who the coach will be and he will be the DC.

3. He played at Tennessee, he started his coaching career at Tennessee, coached again at Tennessee. He knew and was friends with Pruitt, Fulmer and others at Tennessee.....simply could be helping out the program that gave him his start.

4. If nothing else he makes almost half a million just to keep things stabilized (as best he can) for a couple months. Looks good for doing it and moves on to wherever he will be.

It’s really a win win for him, and the program.

Reactions: dlravol2
Let's not automatically assume we are gonna suck for 5 years. Even if guys leave we still have more talent than Wisconsin...Coastal Carolina...Cincinnati etc etc and though Wisconsin had kind of an off year..it's coaching that got those programs winning. Talent wise as far as star rating...etc we are better than a ton of programs. We get the right staff ...and we are back being competitive in the SEC...even with all this mess going on.

Don't expect a search to replace Pruitt to start anytime soon with Fulmer stepping down as well. Need to do a search to hire a new AD which will take a while. Then new AD is going to want to make a splash hire which will continue us down the same hole we have been going the last 12 years. Hopefully, we don't lose a lot of key underclassmen. As it is now, a new HC would actually start with a better base of talent that Dooley, Jones and Pruitt did. But, with the one time transfer waiver, that may end up not being the case.

Among the reasons the university might fire Pruitt for cause, according to his contract: "Conduct or omission(s) by Coach that constitutes a Level I or Level II violation of one or more Governing Athletic Rules; or conduct or omission(s) by Coach that is likely to lead to a NCAA finding of a Level I or Level II violation of one or more Governing Athletic Rules; failure to report a violation of rules to the athletics director or compliance staff; failure to promote and maintain an atmosphere of compliance; and failure to monitor all employees who report directly and indirectly to him."

That’s a broad clause there - a lot of stuff to argue over in that.

Jimmy Hyams is reporting that he’s been told, Tennessee will not touch anyone with past NCAA problems. Freeze and Chadwell are off the table.
I’m still going with Marrone or Steele.
Napier will get a call but will turn us down.
Bill O’brian will get a call but will choose to be a coordinator at bama.
Tee will get an interview, unless he is one of the assistants fired.
GBO!!

Well reset the damn “when we gonna be back” clock. I’m gonna guesstimate even with a top tier coach we talking 5/7 years. Can you fire one guy for violations then hire another guy who was fired for violations? (Freeze)
Nope, he'll get a year and be rode out of town on a rail after 3. Another we'll never know if he could have been successful hire. lol...Not that Pruitt should not have been fired, just saying, that's how we roll.

Reactions: SmokeyDaBear
Have a feeling we might get hammered if Pruitt is fired and Fulmer retiring. Something is up.

Maybe so but this is a prototypical Corporate America move. You find the underachiever, fire them and their hiring manager if their actions were not discovered or were covered up. I have a hard time believing that Fulmer knew nothing about the alleged violations as they were happening.

5 year Bowl ban and loss of scholarships coming ☹️😥
BULLCRAP, with all that has gone on at north carolina and lsu and miami and I could go on. The NCAA isn't going to hand down crazy bans like that. Especially when a university acted and investigated on their own and notified NCAA, all the other schools covered up and denied and got caught and still got a slap on the wrist. Why don't we wait for the violations and the NCAA before you start printing the worst light on everything.

Jamey Chadwell, Hugh Freeze, Billy Napier, even Tom Herman would be a decent hire.

We have the resources, we don't have to pay a buyout for Pruitt. Let's just get it done.

Lol at all the posters saying:

“If they let him hire Steele, he’s staying”

“He wouldn’t be recruiting Henry T if he was getting fired”
I was one of those with that thought process, doesnt make sense that he would put in that effort to hire Steele and go to visit HT in Cali over the weekend, only to be fired on Monday..............

Jimmy Hyams is reporting that he’s been told, Tennessee will not touch anyone with past NCAA problems. Freeze and Chadwell are off the table.
I’m still going with Marrone or Steele.
Napier will get a call but will turn us down.
Bill O’brian will get a call but will choose to be a coordinator at bama.
Tee will get an interview, unless he is one of the assistants fired.
GBO!!
Screw Marrone!

Roll the dice with Freeze! He is a blessed man now!

VN Store

Back