Pruitt Fired for Cause. No buyout. Fulmer retiring.

Seeing how he was fired with cause, my guess would be you can mark off Kiffin, Freeze, and probably Chadwell. Not saying I agree, but I can’t imagine they’d get someone with a black mark on their resume after just firing a guy who cheated as well. Chadwell may be okay, but I imagine Freeze and Kiffin (although not a cheat but somewhat controversial) won’t be acceptable from the powers that be.

Is this a Fulmer force out or did he plan on being the AD for only a handful of years? Smells fishy...

Maybe. Or, it could be a mutually agreed upon choice. Or, maybe he just didn't want to fail again. He signed an extension earlier this year, so I certainly don't think it was planned before all of this went down.

Reactions: BeardedVol
Well folks it happened. Now we wait to see how many players transfer, decommit and more importantly who replaces Fulmer and Pruitt.

In all seriousness, does anyone have any faith that TN can hire a competent AD whom in turn can hire a competent head coach?

I know I don’t.
I am HOPEFUL Boyd and Plowman can fix this.

Among the reasons the university might fire Pruitt for cause, according to his contract: "Conduct or omission(s) by Coach that constitutes a Level I or Level II violation of one or more Governing Athletic Rules; or conduct or omission(s) by Coach that is likely to lead to a NCAA finding of a Level I or Level II violation of one or more Governing Athletic Rules; failure to report a violation of rules to the athletics director or compliance staff; failure to promote and maintain an atmosphere of compliance; and failure to monitor all employees who report directly and indirectly to him."

The firing for cause clause seems pretty tight. Wonder if this is fairly common in other coaches contracts?

How bad were the violations that this is the outcome? AD and HC replaced at the same time.
That’s the awful part of this. 3-7 doesn’t get him fired but this does. So....how bad do we get hammered by the NCAA? Scholarship reduction....bowl ban...just another day in the cluster fug that is our university football program

Reactions: PA Vol

VN Store

Back