Pruitt dismisses Banks.

Just another black eye on this program all around.

Pruitt was damned if he did or damned if he didn't kick him off.

Didn't particularly handle it well during the phone call IMO and there should be some kind of infrastructure with staff in place equipped to deal with these issues beyond waking up cornbread in the wee hours of the morning.

I agree.
But being new to this job description and likely handling his first case that is this bad, do you think he might have wanted input from "higher ups" before acting. AND it might have taken time for this type decision to come down from above. Can see where all the bases were being covered before acting. Remember, Banks was already not playing, much like being "out on bond" awaiting day in court. In this case, waiting on final decision.

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
I agree.
But being new to this job description and likely handling his first case that is this bad, do you think he might have wanted input from "higher ups" before acting. AND it might have taken time for this type decision to come down from above. Can see where all the bases were being covered before acting. Remember, Banks was already not playing, much like being "out on bond" awaiting day in court. In this case, waiting on final decision.

I didn't say anything about the timing of the decision and said Pruitt was in a no win situation whichever way he fell on whether Banks stayed or left the program.

Also feel it was a failure on his and the higher ups ...looking squarely at Fulmer who should know a thing or two about dealing with malcontent players...to not have a liaison with local police on the staff equipped to handle these situations. Pruitt, while caught off guard in the middle of the night, didn't help things with his initial response.

Reactions: savannahfan
99.9 % of people probably didn't watch either video start to finish. Pick 1 watch it start to finish, there is no way you can say this guy should be on the team. Hell, pick the first video. He made numerous references to cops being shot where he's from. What would they do without that badge crap talk. Then off to I shoulda ran blah blah blah. According to some of you he's just a kid/child saying kid things. If he had made those types of comments to you and you were in their position, you wouldn't find that alarming? In today's time, it is meant as a threat.
He is a grown ass man making stupid decisions. There is no excuse. To all the "If they had video of you as a kid..." I've done and said stupid crap, but not this stupid. Then again, some of you find this okay. I'm sure you would be so proud of your kid acting this same way.

Wrong (in this context). The "attitude" should be in the form of skill and mind (learning how to line up properly / not jumping offside / blocking the men in front of you / hitting open TE's, etc) and the "attitude" should be exhibited ON THE FIELD (NOT in or of the type of these videos at sidewalk bar AND in back-seat of police cruiser).

1. It doesn't take "attitude" against women / female intern / Public Police Officers (i.e. the kind of "attitude" displayed in the videos), for SEC-caliber Players/Team to beat Georgia State -- THAT (disrespect for Authority and Women) is the WRONG attitude.

This team needs an "attitude" adjustment if they think the videos exhibited the type of "attitude" we need to be successful on the field (and I suspect / hope many of the players don't follow JB's example).

2. So far as we know, he/JB CAN have a 2nd chance -- on a different Team (Coach P has removed him from THIS team).

Cool my friend tOSU Bama UGA Clemson aTm etc will continue to recruit circles around UT and beat their heads in when they see them. Like I said obviously you don't know the character of many of the players from the 90s when there was a winning culture.

Reactions: RSATURDAY
Maybe so. But I have had the chance to attend "orientation" with grand kids in the recent past and I felt the "atmosphere" that prevails around campus would not tolerate things like Banks just demonstrated. I know, there are all kinds of personalities among 25 - 30 thousand students, but the feeling I get is one of "we want put up with this kinda stuff". This seems to run from the administration down to the students, and their parents. There is no place on this or any campus for this type behavior. The times for ignoring or tolerating this type behavior are long past.
Even for the prima-dona's i.e. Ray Rice. Can't remember the Chief's running back who was suspended and don't know if he's back in the league or not. (Kareem Hunt ?) This has to be one of the 1st things these young men are made aware of when arriving. They're in the public eye and their actions are gonna be far more scrutinized be it positive or negative.

I agree.
Pruitt tryna handle problems like saban with 1 win...lol

Reactions: de1conley
I didn't say anything about the timing of the decision and said Pruitt was in a no win situation whichever way he fell on whether Banks stayed or left the program.

Also feel it was a failure on his and the higher ups ...looking squarely at Fulmer who should know a thing or two about dealing with malcontent players...to not have a liaison with local police on the staff equipped to handle these situations. Pruitt, while caught off guard in the middle of the night, didn't help things with his initial response.
Wonder why banks called cjp and not his position coach

Oh please! I’m critical of Pruitt but it is no ones job to make sure another adult pays their fines or shows up to court. Banks got a ticket for speeding, banks didn’t pay his fine, banks got his license suspended, banks didn’t show up to court, banks was driving on a suspended license. The sooner he learns about personal responsibility, instead of cussing and blaming the police for his failure to take care of his own issues, the better off he will be.
This adult isn't allowed to have a job so that he can make money to pay the ticket. Also, I guarantee the cops abused the sh!t out of him to make him angry enough to say that. The KPD is notorious for manhandling UT students.

What UT-Rex said is 100% the truth. If they cant figure out how to control all that anger here, they sure as hell aren't going to figure it out in the NFL.

This adult isn't allowed to have a job so that he can make money to pay the ticket. Also, I guarantee the cops abused the sh!t out of him to make him angry enough to say that. The KPD is notorious for manhandling UT students.
They abused him? I think the video says otherwise. Hell, he even called them some of the nicest Police. So, dont play the cop force issue. Either way, this ticket could have been taken care of.

Two videos show the guys character and the second one was far more concerning. I stuck up for him given it was a silly reason to get arrested, it was late and didn’t appear that alcohol/drugs were involved. Anybody can have a bad day sort of thing.

With the second video I believe this is a situation he could have walked away from a myriad of different ways but chose not to.

Bottom line the kid needs help. He has got some hate in him that will eat him up if there’s no plan for him. Hopefully he will have a chance to get that help and earn his way back on to this or another team.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

He also isn’t making gas money or insurance money. Now what?

You are delusional.

99.9 % of people probably didn't watch either video start to finish. Pick 1 watch it start to finish, there is no way you can say this guy should be on the team. Hell, pick the first video. He made numerous references to cops being shot where he's from. What would they do without that badge crap talk. Then off to I shoulda ran blah blah blah. According to some of you he's just a kid/child saying kid things. If he had made those types of comments to you and you were in their position, you wouldn't find that alarming? In today's time, it is meant as a threat.
He is a grown ass man making stupid decisions. There is no excuse. To all the "If they had video of you as a kid..." I've done and said stupid crap, but not this stupid. Then again, some of you find this okay. I'm sure you would be so proud of your kid acting this same way.

Look ppl you live in wherever you live google cops shot in Memphis. Its a true statement. The culture of Memphis is crooked and crim ridden. Nothing he said about what happens in Memphis was a lie. I'm sick of ppl who don't deal with athletes or have never coached or won a damn thing typing intellectual stuff about a kid from inner city Memphis who played in the outskirts to put him in a better situation. Have you never heard of 1st 48? Memphis is Memphis and gonna be Memphis. If Saban or Jimbo had this kid he'd be ok. Midmajor UT gives up. See in the 90s we had what was called Dawn Patrol and counseling along with Judy J all in your ass. They have none of this at all and just want to send guys home. UT sucks because it has ZERO LEADERSHIP, president chancellor AD HC and so on. You have to have all that in place to deal with fragile guys like this because structure brings a strong system that helps them. In the 90s Dawn patrol at 5 a.m., counseling sessions until they thought you understood, game suspensions and now its just GO HOME cute sayings like we'll support you in the next phase. Well that's a lie too as that bs VFL program is a **** show too. UT doesn't care about former guys and when they seek help or reach out theyboften get ignored or strung along. A lot of former players are pissed at the handling of Jonathan Heffney situation. The powers that be did absolutely nothing to help dude. Tiny likewise Eric Gordon likewise Jakob that was here a few yrs ago likewise. I speak truth and info i know 1st hand. Not an armchair fan.

Look ppl you live in wherever you live google cops shot in Memphis. Its a true statement. The culture of Memphis is crooked and crim ridden. Nothing he said about what happens in Memphis was a lie. I'm sick of ppl who don't deal with athletes or have never coached or won a damn thing typing intellectual stuff about a kid from inner city Memphis who played in the outskirts to put him in a better situation. Have you never heard of 1st 48? Memphis is Memphis and gonna be Memphis. If Saban or Jimbo had this kid he'd be ok. Midmajor UT gives up. See in the 90s we had what was called Dawn Patrol and counseling along with Judy J all in your ass. They have none of this at all and just want to send guys home. UT sucks because it has ZERO LEADERSHIP, president chancellor AD HC and so on. You have to have all that in place to deal with fragile guys like this because structure brings a strong system that helps them. In the 90s Dawn patrol at 5 a.m., counseling sessions until they thought you understood, game suspensions and now its just GO HOME cute sayings like we'll support you in the next phase. Well that's a lie too as that bs VFL program is a **** show too. UT doesn't care about former guys and when they seek help or reach out theyboften get ignored or strung along. A lot of former players are pissed at the handling of Jonathan Heffney situation. The powers that be did absolutely nothing to help dude. Tiny likewise Eric Gordon likewise Jakob that was here a few yrs ago likewise. I speak truth and info i know 1st hand. Not an armchair fan.

I don't recall claiming Memphis isn't a crap hole with a high crime rate....I'm really unclear why you even quoted my post. Sure he made a statement about Police being shot, but clearly, he is not telling them about cops being shot to inform them about Memphis.

Reactions: NCFisher
They abused him? I think the video says otherwise. Hell, he even called them some of the nicest Police. So, dont play the cop force issue. Either way, this ticket could have been taken care of.

You don't know what happened prior to that 20-30 second video. And. No where in BIG time football do you see an arrest for a damn traffic citation. This is further evidence of the lack of respect and response UT football get in its own state and city.

I don't recall claiming Memphis isn't a crap hole with a high crime rate....I'm really unclear why you even quoted my post. Sure he made a statement about Police being shot, but clearly, he is not telling them about cops being shot to inform them about Memphis.

Did he not say in My City we shoot Police?

The folks who dismiss the vile and disrespectful comments of Banks probably tells a lot about the way they view the world from their SJW perch where right and wrong is subjective or only important when it meets an agenda objective.

The world is a screwed up place and allowing or dismissing this type of behavior is part of the reason why. I'm not saying Banks should've been dismissed because it wasn't my decision but I am saying it should've warranted at least a suspension for several games if not the rest of the season for such behavior.

Reactions: 14VolFan88
You don't know what happened prior to that 20-30 second video. And. No where in BIG time football do you see an arrest for a damn traffic citation. This is further evidence of the lack of respect and response UT football get in its own state and city.
Dear God, you mean to tell me the Police did their job and what the state says they must do: Arrest him on his warrant? And yes, this happens in "big" time programs. Clearly, you can tell that you believe players should get special treatment for playing football.

VN Store

Back