Pruitt at SEC Media Days [full video]

I don't think that a Year 2 turnaround is completely out of the picture. I mean, normally, attrition is huge in a coaching change, but as Pruitt said, only 2 guys transferred. Everyone else has bought in, and that alone preserves depth that will save a year off of the turnaround. I think that the solid addition of JUCOs and grad transfers, plus 1-2 solid recruiting classes, and the development of what talent we have will be helpful. I don't think a Year 2 turnaround is LIKELY, but so far, everything has been put in place where it could be possible.

I'm going to be very interested to see what kind of product we put on the field against West Virginia. I LOVE games like this where there is no vanilla, it's give it all you got from Day 1. I think Pruitt is going to play aggressive, with a chip on his shoulder, and I think you're gonna see a team that comes after people, and is gonna be trying to disrupt the momentum and flow of the game all day.

I'm excited.

Reactions: 1 person
Georgia is going to be good for a long time, unfortunately.

However, there were multiple things Pollack said today that weren't factually incorrect (it's his opinion) but show that he either is purely a Georgia homer and wants to s**t on Tennessee, or he just don't know much about football and this particular Tennessee team.

I have no doubt GA is gonna be good for a while but pollacks comments today were totally biased and personal hatred towards TN. Is it because he knows what’s coming and is scared? Idk but what I do know is I trust Fulmer that he made the right hire and second this staff is second to none. I don’t think we’re as bad as some analysts make us out to be but I don’t think we will be world beaters either. I really do think that TN is going upset one or two teams this year tho. It just makes me sick that a guy like Pollack and Murray just flat out say that TN is going to struggle no matter what and that by year 2 he should be on par with GA.

I have no doubt GA is gonna be good for a while but pollacks comments today were totally biased and personal hatred towards TN. Is it because he knows what’s coming and is scared? Idk but what I do know is I trust Fulmer that he made the right hire and second this staff is second to none. I don’t think we’re as bad as some analysts make us out to be but I don’t think we will be world beaters either. I really do think that TN is going upset one or two teams this year tho. It just makes me sick that a guy like Pollack and Murray just flat out say that TN is going to struggle no matter what and that by year 2 he should be on par with GA.

I don't know if they are based off of "personal hatred" of Tennessee; Tennessee historically hasn't been Georgia's biggest rival, and Pollack himself went 3-1 against Tennessee while at Georgia.

When I do watch GameDay, I've noticed that he quite often has what I'd call a "lazy" opinion, one that is kind of arrived at quickly or emotionally in the spur of the moment. Not just about Tennessee, but about all sorts of things related to college football. He's there because he's an ex-player who is good on camera, but his actual opinions don't seem that enlightened.

The stuff he said today about Tennessee is either motivated out of an anti-Tennessee bias ("hatred" is a strong word) or he's just ignorant about the roster.

I don't know if they are based off of "personal hatred" of Tennessee; Tennessee historically hasn't been Georgia's biggest rival, and Pollack himself went 3-1 against Tennessee while at Georgia.

When I do watch GameDay, I've noticed that he quite often has what I'd call a "lazy" opinion, one that is kind of arrived at quickly or emotionally in the spur of the moment. Not just about Tennessee, but about all sorts of things related to college football. He's there because he's an ex-player who is good on camera, but his actual opinions don't seem that enlightened.

The stuff he said today about Tennessee is either motivated out of an anti-Tennessee bias ("hatred" is a strong word) or he's just ignorant about the roster.
Is it possible that he knows when TN figures it all out that they will be a huge deal to GA and that TN will be once again what the other analysts were referring to as “power T”...today’s generation doesn’t know how great we once used to be

He's a jackass.

And that has nothing to do with his opinion on football. Just in general.

Fast forward to 40:25, and that's the part where Pollack got under my skin. Just made me angry. What a biased idiot.

He isn't wrong about that first part. 17 and 18-year old kids have no personal memory of Tennessee being any good. Phil Fulmer doesn't mean much of anything to them. Do you think the Nebraska recruits, for example, wanted to come to Nebraska in 2010 because Tom Osborne, who won national titles in the mid-90s, was their AD at the time? That doesn't mean anything to a 17-year-old. They are going to have memories of just the last few seasons.

We are just simply going to have to win games, including upsetting teams, in order to get that perception in recruits' minds back.

However, he's dead wrong when he suggests that if by year 2 you aren't killing it, you won't be able to recruit anymore. Even Butch's best recruiting classes came in year 2 and year 3. He's a Georgia guy, and he knows Georgia really emerged and had their best season in decades in year 2 under Kirby. He just lazily thinks Tennessee can be expected to do the same, and if we can't do the same (which we probably won't) then something's wrong.

At a place like Tennessee, which is a much bigger rebuild than Georgia was, you have more like 3 years to show obvious strides, and then you have to start putting your money where you mouth is and be a big program by that point.

Thank you Freak. No cliches. No BS. I hope all our potential recruits see this.

First, thanks Freak! And second, I’m cautiously optimistic, but I think we outplay the Mountaineers and Pruit makes himself known right away. GBO!!

Pollack just has one of those"come smack the sh*t outta me"type of faces.That dudes a tool along with Murray,should be ashamed running around fueling baseless rumors!

Not gonna lie. Feinbaum, many times not my favorite, but was good to easily see he'd heard about enough nonsense from Pollack and Murray.

Good Lord, they've got to create something to talk about...only to have them dredge it back up again when we face UGA in season. I'd trust Saban and Jimbo more than former uga guys. Pruitt, in a round about way, kinda said Richt had different philosophy, coming from Bowden camp.

Below sums up my opinion on the value of SEC Media days:

"you're not going to have Tennessee to kick around anymore" Derek Dooley

“He’s really kind of changed the dynamics in that room,” Jones said of Rock Gullickson

"new offensive coordinator that I'm really excited about" Phil Fulmer 2008

Reactions: 2 people
I can't believe I just watched a former Alabama QB AND Finebaum stick up for Pruitt. Sign of the apocalypse, IMHO.

He isn't wrong about that first part. 17 and 18-year old kids have no personal memory of Tennessee being any good. Phil Fulmer doesn't mean much of anything to them. Do you think the Nebraska recruits, for example, wanted to come to Nebraska in 2010 because Tom Osborne, who won national titles in the mid-90s, was their AD at the time? That doesn't mean anything to a 17-year-old. They are going to have memories of just the last few seasons.

We are just simply going to have to win games, including upsetting teams, in order to get that perception in recruits' minds back.

However, he's dead wrong when he suggests that if by year 2 you aren't killing it, you won't be able to recruit anymore. Even Butch's best recruiting classes came in year 2 and year 3. He's a Georgia guy, and he knows Georgia really emerged and had their best season in decades in year 2 under Kirby. He just lazily thinks Tennessee can be expected to do the same, and if we can't do the same (which we probably won't) then something's wrong.

At a place like Tennessee, which is a much bigger rebuild than Georgia was, you have more like 3 years to show obvious strides, and then you have to start putting your money where you mouth is and be a big program by that point.

Correct. The same assumptions could have been made about UGA continuing to underachieve, but they took the next step. We will too. Additionally, UGA lost some really strong leadership. Everyone already giving them sec e title, but sometimes the mojo doesn’t transfer year to year.

I can't believe I just watched a former Alabama QB AND Finebaum stick up for Pruitt. Sign of the apocalypse, IMHO.

I thought same thing, but it was pretty obvious they had to because of stupidity of former UGA player comments. Can’t fix stupid. feinbaum seemed legitimately irritated.

I could've sworn I saw a Kyle Phillips video posted earlier but I couldn't watch it at the time. I'm just not sure where I saw it.

I'm late chiming in here. Couple of points about Pollacks words.

a) Seems to me like Murray had some personal issues with JP and voiced them, and was out of line. Pollack, as a UGA homey has "got his back".

b) Little fishy about the comment "With Saban and Jimbo, you know where you stand" therefore no friction. Richt however, with his warm fuzzy style clashed with JP.

Think about it a little more. Jimbo - $75,000,000 guaranteed at TAM. Goes without saying about Saban's success. Richt??? FIRED at UGA. Maybe he needed someone to push back a little, don't you think?

Just saying.

I could've sworn I saw a Kyle Phillips video posted earlier but I couldn't watch it at the time. I'm just not sure where I saw it.

I found it. Going to start a thread.

VN Store

Back