Pruitt announces Jim Chaney hired as OC

If we have that kind of money to spend, we could have gotten a better ROI, therefore, people got away. As I said his offense was ranked 18th with an offense full of 5 star recruits....we don't have a offense full of 5 stars. As far as who passed by...Freeze, Yurich, Briles, and Kingsbury are all better OCs than Chaney.

Wow so you named 4 OCs. Man thats a ton. Lol.

Maybe a better comparison would Be Chaney and Locksley. Or Chaney and Jeff Scott. Comparing Helton is an apple and bowling ball comparison (no pun intended). I don't expect that $1.X million bought us much to be honest.

Some of you guys would bitch about being handed a free bar of gold.... Jim Chaney was an excellent hire.

Rotflamo. Are you 15? I said Chaney was a good coach and would do well at UT. UGA isn't desperate enough to pay a good OC $1.5 M. I'm sorry your feelings are hurt so easily.
Feelings not hurt, especially by a member of the whiniest , most delusional fanbase in the SEC. But that's not what you said. Block has an entirely different meaning than pay.

Reactions: Behr and butchna
Why would he leave UGA? Is there something I’m missing? We offered him more money?
Hopefully Justin Fields' lawyers don't sling a lot of dirt Chaney's way as he tries to get Fields a waiver for immediate eligibility. That would be the most Tennessee thing ever if we were all celebrating flipping Chaney from UGA when in reality they just exported a PR problem.

Hopefully Justin Fields' lawyers don't sling a lot of dirt Chaney's way as he tries to get Fields a waiver for immediate eligibility. That would be the most Tennessee thing ever if we were all celebrating flipping Chaney from UGA when in reality they just exported a PR problem.
So Chaney talked the baseball player into it?

You have to remember that in both '16 and '17 Chaney was working with a true freshman QB. I've always thought that was the reason they were so conservative. Now, in 2018 they remained just as conservative which leaves some valid criticism for Chaney, I suppose... and yet the only loss I would blame on the offense was Texas - they waited too long to go with a hurry up. Against LSU, their defensive line was thoroughly whipped and they would have beaten Bama if not for Rodrigo Blankenship's missed field goal... and the fake punt. Chaney called a good game.
The kid from Clemson says hi. Good is good.

What about QB coach?
XdoM.gif

Yeah I know... ain't happening, but how cool would it be?

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL
He got Peterman drafted by the NFL
Great. (and that was actually kind of my point) Now let's see what he can do with a Junior QB. tbh I don't gaf if our guys get drafted by the NFL. I want them to win games at UT. I realize that those two things are kind of hand in glove, but let's worry about winning games here rather than raising pro draft stock. Does Chaney have the intelligence to call plays that will work with limited talent? When the 2014 Arkansas team was pointed out, I saw that they scored 400+ points and held the opposition to 200+. So his contribution was limited to half the equation. Maybe, he had more breathing room to 'let the big dog eat' as it were. I know... obviously. But if the defense doesn't give him any breathing room, can he still deliver? It's fun to discuss, and obviously we won't know until next September, but I am not ready to anoint this guy any kind of savior at this point in time. I just hope he's not a mercenary that will be gone soon and somehow leave us with another big bar tab.

They waited until both the season and year ended. Maybe waiting reduced his buyout?

Well, we weren't playing. So we weren't in need of an O.C. at the time. CJC's current employer however, was still playing. It's not a 2 weeks notice type of job....

So Chaney talked the baseball player into it?
Tom Mars, Fields' attorney said a couple of days ago that there was "more to it than that", which in context I took to mean racism at work in Fields decision to transfer (other than the baseball incident). At the time I relished the thought of more turmoil at UGA, now I just hope he doesn't sling any of that BS at Chaney (who with Kirby chose to start the white boy over him).

P.S. I know this is borderline paranoia but I assess risk for a living, lol.

I am happy about this hire. Was going to not buy tickets to any games this year but may try it one more time. Been going to games since 1956. Makes me old but still am all orange. Go Vols

Tom Mars, Fields' attorney said a couple of days ago that there was "more to it than that", which in context I took to mean racism at work in Fields decision to transfer (other than the baseball incident). At the time I relished the thought of more turmoil at UGA, now I just hope he doesn't sling any of that BS at Chaney (who with Kirby chose to start the white boy over him).

If there’s a culture of racism at UGA, it ain’t going to land at Chaney’s feet because of a QB choice.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

Good grief. If Fromm just stank it up or something then playing the race card might make sense. But the majority of the guys receiving scholarships there are black. The majority getting playing time are black. A racism charge... in a sane time, place, and society... would be so ridiculous no one would dare suggest it.

VN Store

Back