Pruitt announces Jim Chaney hired as OC

If we have that kind of money to spend, we could have gotten a better ROI, therefore, people got away. As I said his offense was ranked 18th with an offense full of 5 star recruits....we don't have a offense full of 5 stars. As far as who passed by...Freeze, Yurich, Briles, and Kingsbury are all better OCs than Chaney.
Pruitt wanted to hire Freeze but I think he was encouraged to look around more due to the skeletons in his closet.

My feelings arent hurt scooter, but I am calling out your flatout BS scenario that Kirby, UGA, Jesus, could have blocked Chaney from making a lateral move to any job on the planet.
I believe NFL has something like that to discourage lateral moves but nothing like that exists in college. Buyouts are about the only thing college can do to protect themselves from this. Not sure if he's thinking NFL rules, or the old transfer rules for players.

:p
th

Maybe a copyright infringement here?

If we have that kind of money to spend, we could have gotten a better ROI, therefore, people got away. As I said his offense was ranked 18th with an offense full of 5 star recruits....we don't have a offense full of 5 stars. As far as who passed by...Freeze, Yurich, Briles, and Kingsbury are all better OCs than Chaney.
That's your opinion. In my opinion, Chaney is a better OC than any of those you mentioned. See how that works? Opinions, like butt holes everyone has one. With the exception of Freeze, everyone you mentioned coached against defenses in a conference that was piss poor. Coaching in that conference can make any OC look like a genius with the way they play defense.

It's in every assistant's contract. For the record, I like Chaney, obviously more than Smart. I think Smart hired Chaney to get Pittman.

Chaney did a good job for UGA, and will do well at UT.
Yeah, no it's not in every assistant's contract. You couldn't have blocked him at all. You're full of crap.

Reactions: butchna and Alto1
Does Chaney get conservative with the lead or in big game situations? Those are the two knocks I’ve heard on him.

Rotflamo. Are you 15? I said Chaney was a good coach and would do well at UT. UGA isn't desperate enough to pay a good OC $1.5 M. I'm sorry your feelings are hurt so easily.
Yet, your DC made exactly that last year. I think maybe its your feelings that are hurt but you dent need to lash out at us :)

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Does Chaney get conservative with the lead or in big game situations? Those are the two knocks I’ve heard on him.
I believe (with no real evidence) that that was on Kirby, not Chaney.

I'm a big Chaney fan, but, when he was here, I remember people complaining about, for instance, throwing a deep ball on third and one. More than one occasion we missed wide open receivers on third and one and the consensus was "what a terrible call". My thought was always, "What an incredible call! Come on, Simms! You've GOT to hit that." (Or whomever the QB happened to be.)

I hate to have to bring this up, but I really wish Chaney could drop a few pounds. There is no denying the guy has gotten really big over the past several years. If nothing else, for the sake of his health and longevity in his profession, it would definitely be wise for him to watch the calories.

Fulmer is two tons and still kicking just fine... Modern medicine man...

I believe (with no real evidence) that that was on Kirby, not Chaney.

I'm a big Chaney fan, but, when he was here, I remember people complaining about, for instance, throwing a deep ball on third and one. More than one occasion we missed wide open receivers on third and one and the consensus was "what a terrible call". My thought was always, "What an incredible call! Come on, Simms! You've GOT to hit that." (Or whomever the QB happened to be.)

Yes, I liked him just fine when he was here. That's my senior recollection, anyway. He did pretty well, pretty much every place he's coached.

Reactions: Alto1
Isn’t it a bit strange to criticize people for insulting someone by insulting them?

Absolutely not. I am sick and tired of UT brats insulting everyone. We have more class than that.
TN has a proud tradition. Insulting people does not fit.

The LSU loss was on Chaney. He recently admitted that he had a bad game. LSU’s DC was excellent at pre-snap disguise of the defense, which fooled Fromm. Conversely, we were crushing them with the run. Chaney inexplicably abandoned the run. It spiraled from there.

I wish Chaney success at UT, except against us. He’s a good guy that landed a nice contract. I don’t think he is an elite recruiter as some here have said, he candidly rarely goes on recruiting visits. However, he runs a solid offense and helped UGA to a couple good seasons.
Chaney wasnt coaching the D that gave up all those rushing yards against Ga D

VN Store

Back