Pruitt: “Pick 6 biggest play of the game”

I wonder how the oline was able to turn it on like that. Where were they before that? Where were they before that in any game since Missouri?? They were flat out bullying auburns front for a couple drives tonight
Other than the Georgia game our line has been doing that. JG has just been so bad that it didnt matter.

Dumbest call and worst QB read of the game too. AU buddy texted me and said he'd like to thank the coach that stopped running the ball down their throat. He said they knew they couldn't stop Gray running, but JG/Chaney sure did.
Worst read and one of the best examples of a QB staring down his receiver from snap to INT.

Take his uniform and helmet. Allow his transfer to anywhere! Let him go! JG is a disaster and I never want to see him disgrace a UT uniform again.

I feel for JG. He is obviously a head case. But THAT is the reason he shouldn't be the QB. This story has no happy ending.

JG has a pick 6 a game. Multiple most of the time. It shouldn't be a surprise. After a decade at TN, JG should never see the field again. He just isn't starting QB material.

His speeches are getting dumber than Dooley. But at least he hasn't called us a bunch of scared Germans on D-day yet!😂
Dooley was a azz but he had more than a 5 word vocabulary..I haven't listened to Pruitt talk since his press conference. I was thinking... I hope he's better at coaching than delivering a speech. Oh well we know the answer now..

YIKES! Shoulda stayed with Rutgers. JG obviously thinks highly of Himself. EUREKA! I think I hit on it. Self induced pressure leads to poor decisions.
I think you're probably right. He has all the ability but just can't get out of his own way and let the game happen around him.

JG gives the opponents the best chance to win. He didnt get off to a hot start but they have currently won 5 in a row with some of the prettiest pick 6's u ever going to see.

Everyone sees it, the casual fan, the media, coaches of other teams, anyone without a biased eye. Keeping Pruitt at this point is strictly a financial decision, one UT often finds itself in due to really stupid decisions by people who are supposed to be educated. We've all watched this movie before and know how it ends, at this point when is the only question left.

If you think about it, we hit the Triple Crown of suckosity tonight: threw a pick 6 on offense; completely blew a coverage on defense; missed 2 FGs on special teams. Might as well have a manager serve tainted Gatorade and make the toilets in the locker room overflow so the night will be perfect.

This is now known as the Tennessee trifecta. An offensive pick 6 for a 14 point swing, special teams misses 2 FGs, and the defense allows a nobody within 20 yards of him TD pass by their best WR. It was a total team effort now known as just another Suckfest.

Pruitt and JG remind me of a Monty Python show I saw back in the 1970s. Eric idle and the gang were all riding around on stick horses

But JG still gives us the best chance to win
I personally would start Bailey. With that being said I doubt a coach desperate for a win would have him sitting if he is way better the JG. What's crazy is if pruitt went with bailey, he would take the heat off himself. He could say "well he made some freshman mistakes." Instead its a 5 year guy making mistakes after you have been here 3 years..
I would start Bailey knowing he will make mistakes but maybe can also make some big plays. It would be based on the future of Tennessee football, not JG that does look like he can read defenses and throw decently, bailey needs more Polish. I watched again the last bit when Bailey was playing. Auburn definitely backed up there defense. Bailey had some wild throws. Bailey needs a better clock and learn to slide around.
Like trask he is okay if you call a pure run play. He needs to learn like trask where to throw, move vertically to give that little time in the pocket to throw and stuff like that.
He also made some really Nice throws. He throws down the field.
E

He should take some responsibility for that pick-six because he started JG over HB. I doubt it, but hopefully, JP had an epiphany last night after watching HB move the offense.

Lets not forget the defense has been poor too.
Tennessee made Franks and nix look good. I think the 2 best QBs in the east are trask and the kid at vandy candy.
I just dont get why pruitt cant see the longer vision so many of us do. We are desperate for a win. JG is more polished so he does start him. I think many of us would rather see Bailey knowing with JG is probably going to be a L anyway. At least then he can say, "well he is a freshmen" instead of "well he is a 5 year senior. 3 years with me."

If bowl games are played this year with at least a 5-5 record we will not get one. Starting Bailey against Ky, Arky and Auburn were 3 games we could have won with him. A 2-5 record could be 5-2. Maybe we squeak by Vandy but we aren’t beating A@M or Florida even if Bailey starts. So 3-7 is what we are looking at or 2-8, this **** could have been avoided.

If bowl games are played this year with at least a 5-5 record we will not get one. Starting Bailey against Ky, Arky and Auburn were 3 games we could have won with him. A 2-5 record could be 5-2. Maybe we squeak by Vandy but we aren’t beating A@M or Florida even if Bailey starts. So 3-7 is what we are looking at or 2-8, this **** could have been avoided.
I think they've thrown out records for bowlinvites this year.

No, I don’t believe it has played nearly that well since mizzou game
I think those were the biggest holes I have seen in a while last night. However, We had really good rushing averages against KY, Bammer, and Arky. Ran quite easily on all of them. We just had zero passing game to help them out. JG actually completed passes against Auburn like he did against Mizzou that's why I think it was that much better. Our offense could be really good actually if we decide to play Harrison. Only JG can mess up an advantage on the ground like that.

But if we score a TD instead of giving one to them, we win by 1
Theoretically. Anyway sorry this was a half-baked drunk post, my point being that it was obviously the biggest play of the game. Also, there are failings all over the field which are keeping us from winning games. At this point we shouldn’t see this many mistakes and the mistakes shouldn’t be insurmountable. Inexcusable for us to be this bad in year 3 under his reign

Reactions: BanditVol

VN Store

Back