Pruitt’s Salary

He’s being paid significantly less that Mark Stoops and Muschamp. That’s a damn bargain by any measure.

I’m not sure why so many of you are getting your panties in a bunch over a mere observation of where he sits compared to the Top 25 paid coaches. I even qualified it by saying IF he does well next year, a raise would be likely.

Perhaps we should all get King Behr’s permission on what is thread worthy since he seems to be the self-appointed hall monitor on such things.

In your opinion.

Who's painties are in a bunch besides yours? I said I didn't care either way. You're the one throwing insults and crying because someone disagrees. "I even said" if they give him a bump before next year big whoop, meaning who cares? I don't. Already said it, more than once.

Not sure what the rest of this whining crap is, but this is the fourth time you engaged me after telling me to leave you alone. There is a rule about stalking, so keep up it and you won't be around to ask my permission.

The Athletic Department finally finished in the black.
After we finish paying Butch next year CPF will have more to spread around.
Pruitt has shown excellent management skills with his staff, that has been a real $ load on the Department. If there are 9+ wins in 2020 there will be lots of money to go around.
If there are less than 8 what's the chances that anyone comes calling with big bucks?
The B1G and SEC are the ones who seem to be willing to ante up the big bucks, and which program goes after a 21-16 record. Maybe an ACC school has the money.

No , he should be given a year 4 regardless of how many wins next year . We will know then how the last two recruiting classes are developing.

He will have to be extended after this season or it will hurt recruiting. HFC always needs 4 years left on his contract.

If you can't tell we have a much better team than we did 3 years ago you may need to get your eyes checked. I agree he is still learning to be an SEC Head Coach. BUT, he has our team bigger, stronger and faster than we have been in many years. That alone makes him a bargain. At the very least we are not going to get run over by any SEC team. We have the sized to stand our ground. JMHO

You read my mind as I read our fellow fans' responses. A raise next year is almost guaranteed if progress is as evident as we all expect!

GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: Vol524
He did. Somewhere above, I listed all bonuses and the $ amount associated with each.

**Edit** I went back and copied it for you.

APR of 945: $50,000
APR of 985: $100,000
AP SEC Coach of the Year: $50,000
AP National Coach of the Year: $100,000
Top 25 in final CFP, USA Today, or AP: $50,000
Top 10 in final CFP, USA Today, or AP: $100,000
Top 5 in final CFP, USA Today, or AP: $150,000
SEC Championship appearance: $100,000
Win SEC Championship: $300,000
Bowl Appearance: $100,000
CFP Access Bowl Appearance: $200,000
CFP Semifinal Game Appearance: $300,000
CFP National Championship Game Appearance: $400,000
Winning National Title: $500,000
Thanks! It looks like he received 100,000 for the bowl game but nothing extra for the win.

In my opinion we need to remind ourselves of the Ga State loss daily, so it doesn't;t happen again.
Hopefully it will light a fire like the Memphis loss did in the nineties, and a natty will be in our near future.

How does reminding ourselves of the GA State loss daily, translates into “so it doesn’t happen again”? WE have no control of that or do we?

Reactions: VolinMC
In your opinion.

Who's painties are in a bunch besides yours? I said I didn't care either way. You're the one throwing insults and crying because someone disagrees. "I even said" if they give him a bump before next year big whoop, meaning who cares? I don't. Already said it, more than once.

Not sure what the rest of this whining crap is, but this is the fourth time you engaged me after telling me to leave you alone. There is a rule about stalking, so keep up it and you won't be around to ask my permission.
Stalker? Sure thing, guy.

7BB95A8F-230F-4AE9-8F73-D58AAB7BC0F4.png

With Mel Tucker recently getting $5.5M per year at Michigan State, I was curious to see where CJP stacks up in salary. He wasn’t in the Top 25, and I was surprised by some who were.

25 highest-paid college football coaches

According to the interweb, Pruitt makes $3.8M per year. If he has a good season this year and we are competitive for the East, I imagine a big raise is headed his way. But we are definitely getting a bargain compared to many other SEC schools.

Guess I'm of a mind that just because other schools are overpaying coaches, we should, too. Pruitt has made progress, but he's not shown himself to be the next great coaching talent. Signs are positive, but until he wins something like the SECE, SECT or gets into the playoffs, I'm not ready to anoint him the next Saban and pay him like he was.

Bottom line for me...he has to earn his keep.

Last edited:
Guess I'm of a mind that just because other schools are overpaying coaches, we should, too. Pruitt has made progress, but he's not shown himself to be the next great coaching talent. Signs are positive, but until he wins something like the SECE, SECT or gets into the playoffs, I'm not ready to anoint him the next Saban and pay him like he was.

Bottom line for me...he has to earn his keep.

when I give out raises to my staff, it’s because of the improvement they’ve shown from the year before. Improvement, not jumping from never worked a job to being the best of my employees. No one is even saying CJP needs to be paid the same as Saban, and as far as his pay goes, he doesn’t have to show YOU anything.

Based on what we paid (are paying) boy butch to wash Saban's car, I'd say we should be paying CJP 10 million/year, he has us on a roll. Remember, he took over a dumpster fire. We have moved in the right direction, his recruiting is over the top, I'm smelling a NATY!!!

The Athletic Department finally finished in the black.
After we finish paying Butch next year CPF will have more to spread around.
Pruitt has shown excellent management skills with his staff, that has been a real $ load on the Department. If there are 9+ wins in 2020 there will be lots of money to go around.
If there are less than 8 what's the chances that anyone comes calling with big bucks?
The B1G and SEC are the ones who seem to be willing to ante up the big bucks, and which program goes after a 21-16 record. Maybe an ACC school has the money.

Mel Tucker says hi! It's what I said earlier. Stupid money is being offered to unproven and retread coaches because there is apparently a shortage of coaches.

Thanks! It looks like he received 100,000 for the bowl game but nothing extra for the win.
Because 90% of the time 1 team wants to be there and the other doesn't. The bonus is for making a bowl game. Winning it...not so much.

Is that being reported or just speculation on your part? If accurate, I guess that would come with an extension as well?

Raise and extension have been in process since the end of the season. May end up closer to $4.5 million with reachable incentives on the backend. Sets up for a bigger deal after 2020 or 2021 if warranted.

I understand that it's probably going to happen. But, if you had told me 20 years ago that in 2020 a 7-5 regular season, with the losses we had, would earn a young/unproven coach at UT a raise and extension over his $3.8 million, I would have laughed in your face.

I understand that it's probably going to happen. But, if you had told me 20 years ago that in 2020 a 7-5 regular season, with the losses we had, would earn a young/unproven coach at UT a raise and extension over his $3.8 million, I would have laughed in your face.
Crazy, ain't it?!

I love Pruitt but he has entered both seasons unprepared. If UT shows up at OU I will start to believe he's the real deal. I love the class he brought in, but I'm the type to need to see what it produces vs. some subjective ranking system. But the size of the players he's brought in looks impressive.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
In my opinion we need to remind ourselves of the Ga State loss daily, so it doesn't;t happen again.
Hopefully it will light a fire like the Memphis loss did in the nineties, and a natty will be in our near future.
I read somewhere recently that successful people never dwell on their past failures. UT football will never be successful if players and coaches dwell on the Ga State loss. That is a loser mentality.

Some people value winning more than personal gain, and generally those people earn their money and then some.

Just maybe Pruitt is one of those people and we need to make sure that we keep him happy and provide the staff and materials that he needs.

THIS!!! THIS!!! THIS!!!

say it again sir say it again!!!!!

#16 Charlie Strong was at bama Thursday applying for Boy Butch's position. The horn blower will have to go back to work soon. The country needs used car salesmen, should have no trouble finding a job.
I honestly thought he was going back to Florida...Man did we dodge a bullet with him turning us down.

VN Store

Back