Pruitt’s Salary

Pruitt can get a raise once we win the east and play in the playoffs in the same year. Until then keep recruiting and keep improving

Reactions: sport3500
These salary/raise threads are always entertaining and just full of genius.
It’s similar to the mensas a few months ago screaming to the hills that other teams were “going to start targeting Nieds!”...until he ended up with Baron as his only signing and that scientific recruiter ranking listed him in the 400’s. He’s still just as deadly a recruiter and Pruitt as well as Fulmer know that more than anybody on this message board. Fulmer and Pruitt have open discussions on WHEN the HC’s salary gets bumped and more importantly ANNOUNCED. You don’t add a million or two immediately after a season is salvaged...especially with Fulmer’s recent experience with Barnes fallout. Whatever thread we start has been predated at least 6 months by our AD imo.

Reactions: ALLVOL24/7/365
These salary/raise threads are always entertaining and just full of genius.
I wasn't saying give him a raise. If you read my earlier post, I said he needs to earn it. For now, Pruitt is a bargain.

I wasn't saying give him a raise. If you read my earlier post, I said he needs to earn it. For now, Pruitt is a bargain.
I didn't say a word about your post.

I don't care if he's given a raise or not, all of that is above my pay grade.

But for the sake of conversation...If I remember correctly, he was offered 4 or 4+ and negotiated less for him and more for assistants. If they give him a bump before next season that gets it in the neighborhood of where it was going to be in the first place, big whoop.

I also don't know exactly what the requirements are that make him a bargain. He could have done worse, but he could have done better. I think its still too soon to say he's a bargain. I do think he's worth what he's being paid and has a really good possibility of being worth a lot more soon. But again, I'm not an expert on any of this.

With Mel Tucker recently getting $5.5M per year at Michigan State, I was curious to see where CJP stacks up in salary. He wasn’t in the Top 25, and I was surprised by some who were.

25 highest-paid college football coaches

According to the interweb, Pruitt makes $3.8M per year. If he has a good season this year and we are competitive for the East, I imagine a big raise is headed his way. But we are definitely getting a bargain compared to many other SEC schools.
3,4, or 5 million, does it really matter? You have enough to buy about anything you want and family is taking care of. I do not think Pruitt is concerned too much about money at this point in his career.

I remember CP saying he would take less pay if it meant he could hire better coach's. The understanding being he knew that was the life blood of his career.
I didn't see this post until just now after someone quoted it. Yea, I just brought it up too, you're correct I just don't remember the exact figure.

Pretty simple really. Fulmer was able to get Pruitt relatively cheap because it was his first HC gig and because he wanted to have enough cash left for flexibility on getting assistants. If the first two games of last year hadn't whiffed so badly you can be pretty sure that Pruitt would have been bumped to $5M this year.

Bottom line though is that if TN wins 9 games this year in reg season, Fulmer will need to back the brinks truck up to keep Pruitt or some very good offers are going to come his way from elsewhere. Not worried though. Fulmer will pretty quickly bump him to $5M I am guessing. To get in the $6M+ kind of money though he is going to have to win SECE or better IMO
I think this is exactly right.

But for the sake of conversation...If I remember correctly, he was offered 4 or 4+ and negotiated less for him and more for assistants. If they give him a bump before next season that gets it in the neighborhood of where it was going to be in the first place, big whoop.

I also don't know exactly what the requirements are that make him a bargain. He could have done worse, but he could have done better. I think its still too soon to say he's a bargain. I do think he's worth what he's being paid and has a really good possibility of being worth a lot more soon. But again, I'm not an expert on any of this.
He’s being paid significantly less that Mark Stoops and Muschamp. That’s a damn bargain by any measure.

I’m not sure why so many of you are getting your panties in a bunch over a mere observation of where he sits compared to the Top 25 paid coaches. I even qualified it by saying IF he does well next year, a raise would be likely.

Perhaps we should all get King Behr’s permission on what is thread worthy since he seems to be the self-appointed hall monitor on such things.

Reactions: vols 30
Not now, maybe it does if the program continues to improve.

Did Pruitt receive any bonus’s for the
Bowl game and win?
He did. Somewhere above, I listed all bonuses and the $ amount associated with each.

**Edit** I went back and copied it for you.

APR of 945: $50,000
APR of 985: $100,000
AP SEC Coach of the Year: $50,000
AP National Coach of the Year: $100,000
Top 25 in final CFP, USA Today, or AP: $50,000
Top 10 in final CFP, USA Today, or AP: $100,000
Top 5 in final CFP, USA Today, or AP: $150,000
SEC Championship appearance: $100,000
Win SEC Championship: $300,000
Bowl Appearance: $100,000
CFP Access Bowl Appearance: $200,000
CFP Semifinal Game Appearance: $300,000
CFP National Championship Game Appearance: $400,000
Winning National Title: $500,000

Lol, I was agreeing with you, hence the like. Not sure how that translated to me losing my mind.
Wasn't referring to you. Just talking about how these threads generally go.

When you start paying assistant coaches this kind of money, this will force Universities to give a HC pay increase.

Kentucky TE coach Vince Marrow will make $900,000 next season according to his amended contract.

I agree he still has a long way to go. I do think he has players now that can physically compete in the SEC. We didn't have that when he got here. We looked like a decent MAC team. I also like the fact he took less money for himself to be able to get the staff he wants. I truly believe we could have done much much worse than Pruitt.

VN Store

Back