Propst asserts Kirby and Saban pay players big bucks

I remember Josh Pate of "Late Kick" saying "they all do it" , but Pruitt did it in a relatively outrageous way. No specifics, though. Hey, if if it works for politicians...
But let’s all remember they one key fact, if Pruitt was winning, it never would have came out. When it became apparent that Pruitt wasn’t going to leave of his own free will, someone who wanted him gone made sure that he „got runt oft“

This literally goes on at every large power 5 university, minus Vandy. We can either learn to do it quietly and efficiently, like Bama and UGA, or we can just be happy with 7-5, 8-4, 6-6, and the occasional 1-11, 2-10, etc. I'll be fine, either way.

The key to our past success was........loyalty. Whether it was loyalty to the university, or those you work with. It all starts with......an atmosphere of FAMILY. When you start shaking up the nest, family members band together, and defend it! When you fill the nest with posers, they start turning on each other. Case and point, the last decade plus of ineptitude, in Knoxville.

Josh Heupel is bringing back FAMILY. Coach Heupel was hired by a guy who is all in for CJH, and he has surrounded himself with guys who are loyal to him and his vision. Read into that whatever you want.

I don't even refer to it as "Cheating" any longer. It is simply "Being Competitive". Because this is damn business! Whether we like it, or not.

Just win baby! GBO!
I graduated from UT. The number of Corvettes and 280Z's that the football players were driving was unbelievable. You really believe that UT is different than the others? Didn't Butch Jones hire Trey Smith's sister as a "special executive assistant" weeks before he signed? IT's all part of the game. I do believe we have better people in charge now. GBO!!!

Reactions: kbear01
I remember Josh Pate of "Late Kick" saying "they all do it" , but Pruitt did it in a relatively outrageous way. No specifics, though. Hey, if if it works for politicians...

I have decided that Cornbread came here to do exactly what he did.Trash UT football for good!He could have done what he wanted and not been so stupid if it were not on purpose.He was a die hard Bammer and still upset for what happened to his team.Fulmer fell right in on this and hired the devil.Fulmer has been a big part of UT demise at every step! I'm sick of all the incompetence!

Cheating in college recruiting has been going on since the beginning of time.
During the Bear era, the joke was Bama is best team money can buy. In the Wooden/UCLA era, it later came out there was one specific booster that payrolled by the whole team. College sports is really a quasi-black market pro league where benefits flow under the table. Pay-for-play schemes are transitioning to cryptocurrency, as a supplement to unmarked ATM cards, non-recourse loans, and charitable contributions to non-profits/churches.

Recruiting has been commoditized now with AMG camps as a player-development/ marketing-tool that raises the star-ranking of recruits. I wouldn't doubt there's tit-for-tat payments from Bama sources to AMG in exchange for inside-influence with top players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volatility
This is months old news and both schools had him sign sworn affidavits that he had no direct knowledge of payments. Whether that’s true or not he agreed to sign.
What would you do when presented with an offer you could not refuse.:rolleyes:

On taped phone calls played on "Outside the Lines", Propst says Kirby gets and retains players by "taking care of their families" and paying them "$90K-$150K", with the support of the "richest of the rich" UGA boosters from SW GA. Propst went on to say Kirby learned that from Saban. Propst later denied those statements were based in fact. But, as the HC at Hoover and Valdosta, he was in a position to know. Where do you think Pruitt learned what it takes to get and retain top tier players (Gray, Crouch & To'oto'o?)? Did Pruitt tell Propst about Saban's alleged player payments? Because the NCAA does not have the burden of proving the allegations in court, all they have to do is look at the vehicles driven by UGA and Bama players and the lifestyle improvement of their families to validate or discredit Propst's statements.

How was he "in a position to know?" Neither Bama or UGA ever recruited any of Propst's players.

Reactions: secking
Saban doesn’t need to cheat and probably hasn’t for the last 4-5 years. I mean we love to bring up other programs trying to soften the blows here. Is Smart cheating? Probably. If they really both are, who cares? They don’t matter.

We cheated and still couldn’t win.

On the strip in the mid sixties and later,there was a car dealership called.Rice Olds.Athletes could get wonderful "deals"there on buying a new 442 for around 16-1800 dollars outthedoor.You could also "rent"a car of any they had on the lot for.around 20 dollars Fri.afternoon-Mondaymorning.Other dealers around town were useful too.It has been done since Henry Ford was born.You just have to not be an idiot with your mouth.The stuff with coach Pruitt smells like rats in the woodwork.Probpst(spelling)is something you cannot get off your shoe when.you step in it.

Firedog28,What the hell do you think that the Dooley tenure did to UT and assist the rise of Ga.football?No OL recruited.Never talk to top athletes who were vol fans?A perfect plant by "daddy"to help the red clay hounds.

Last edited:
On taped phone calls played on "Outside the Lines", Propst says Kirby gets and retains players by "taking care of their families" and paying them "$90K-$150K", with the support of the "richest of the rich" UGA boosters from SW GA. Propst went on to say Kirby learned that from Saban. Propst later denied those statements were based in fact. But, as the HC at Hoover and Valdosta, he was in a position to know. Where do you think Pruitt learned what it takes to get and retain top tier players (Gray, Crouch & To'oto'o?)? Did Pruitt tell Propst about Saban's alleged player payments? Because the NCAA does not have the burden of proving the allegations in court, all they have to do is look at the vehicles driven by UGA and Bama players and the lifestyle improvement of their families to validate or discredit Propst's statements.
What I heard was Smart definitely does and that Saban doesn’t pay someone to go there initially but will pay players to stay. Of course the source didn’t like Smart and did like Saban so who knows.

THE NCAA WILL BE SO UPSET BY UGA, BAMA, LSU, , That they will THROW THE BOOK AT AND CRUCIFY TENNESSEE AS A WARNING TO THE REST..
And our well intended, but EXTREMELY NAIVE Chancellor Plowman, is bringing up things that some say happen everywhere.
I fear the punishment Tenn gets will be so severe no President or Chancellor will ever self report themselves like this again. Which is exactly why the NCAA and the SEC need her and everyone to shut up..
I disagree. We need her to speak up and expose the other programs. If we are going to be expected to play by clean rules then so should these other programs who are illegitimately winning conference and national championships and making millions. If not, then the product we are paying for is no more legitimate than professional wrestling.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Propst also claims....

.....the CDC (in Atlanta, so he’d know) claims covid is a hoax.
.....the Blue Angels (Pensacola is close to Alabama and Georgia, so he’d know) confirm weekly contact with aliens.
.....that he only has one or two families that don’t know about each other.

Using him to confirm Bama and uga are cheating is like Heup calling Pruitt, Dooley, and Butch to help him run the program. It’s stupid.

I graduated from UT. The number of Corvettes and 280Z's that the football players were driving was unbelievable. You really believe that UT is different than the others? Didn't Butch Jones hire Trey Smith's sister as a "special executive assistant" weeks before he signed? IT's all part of the game. I do believe we have better people in charge now. GBO!!!
No, I do not believe it is any different. in Knoxville. I am sorry, I thought I made that clear. As I said, I do not even refer to it as "Cheating" any longer. It is simply "Being Competitive". We just need the loyalty, that a family atmosphere enables, to nurture and protect The University of Tennessee, the way that Alabama, UGA, LSU and others are protected. The way we used to be protected. We've never operated in complete compliance. I'm not that naive.

Reactions: stillavol
I assume Danny White is all in now, he has no choice, but sounds kind of funny given CJH was his 5th-ish choice. In any event, hard to argue with CJH's delivery and communication thus far, along with tossing the nugget all over the place. Go vols.
I think Danny White interviewed others, as a formality. I'm pretty sure he knew he was going to get turned down. But, I'm sure he had already discussed it with CJH. Fans really wanted a proven winner, with a bit more experience. So he checked around, and made some visits using house money. Did we really think we were going to steal from Penn State or Clemson? I'd seriously question any coach leaving those situations for Knoxville. Especially with NCAA Sanctions looming.

I was playing golf at a course in Knoxville in 1979 when a very famous UT player showed up in a new corvette. I can guarantee that his family could not afford it. He came from a very poor big city neighborhood. So it has been going on for some time.
Was it Jimmy Streater? He has a history of dealing drugs, ya know. Just sayin'. Could've been from drug money... :p

His mistake was that he thought he could cheat just as brazenly at Tennessee as you can at Alabama.
Don't hand McDonald's bags full of money to recruits. Get mom and dad a good job, or send them some money, like Nick and Kirby.

Propst ain’t credible! He is pissed because Auburn or Bama wouldn’t hire him as an assistant.

How was he "in a position to know?" Neither Bama or UGA ever recruited any of Propst's players.

Pretty sure the 1st team WR from Propst 2015-16 class had an offer from Georgia, although he decided on a different SEC school.

This just underscores the hypocrisy of the so called not for profit NCAA. They know what's going on, we all know what's going on, to some extent, at these larger institutions. But it would be bad for business if it came to light.

VN Store

Back