Propst asserts Kirby and Saban pay players big bucks

LAVol1

On taped phone calls played on "Outside the Lines", Propst says Kirby gets and retains players by "taking care of their families" and paying them "$90K-$150K", with the support of the "richest of the rich" UGA boosters from SW GA. Propst went on to say Kirby learned that from Saban. Propst later denied those statements were based in fact. But, as the HC at Hoover and Valdosta, he was in a position to know. Where do you think Pruitt learned what it takes to get and retain top tier players (Gray, Crouch & To'oto'o?)? Did Pruitt tell Propst about Saban's alleged player payments? Because the NCAA does not have the burden of proving the allegations in court, all they have to do is look at the vehicles driven by UGA and Bama players and the lifestyle improvement of their families to validate or discredit Propst's statements.

If they gave the parents of players a job is that illegal? I really don’t know how that works... but if a kid goes to school there and the parents move there they have to find jobs right? Sounds like a grey area or loop hole to me

This literally goes on at every large power 5 university, minus Vandy. We can either learn to do it quietly and efficiently, like Bama and UGA, or we can just be happy with 7-5, 8-4, 6-6, and the occasional 1-11, 2-10, etc. I'll be fine, either way.

The key to our past success was........loyalty. Whether it was loyalty to the university, or those you work with. It all starts with......an atmosphere of FAMILY. When you start shaking up the nest, family members band together, and defend it! When you fill the nest with posers, they start turning on each other. Case and point, the last decade plus of ineptitude, in Knoxville.

Josh Heupel is bringing back FAMILY. Coach Heupel was hired by a guy who is all in for CJH, and he has surrounded himself with guys who are loyal to him and his vision. Read into that whatever you want.

I don't even refer to it as "Cheating" any longer. It is simply "Being Competitive". Because this is damn business! Whether we like it, or not.

Just win baby! GBO!

Last edited:
Don't do this to yourself. Propst is one of the worst witnesses in the history of witnesses. He had multiple families stashed across the country that didn't know about each other. Besides he has signed sworn affidavits saying the recorded statements are not true. His word is literally worthless.

Don't do this to yourself. Propst is one of the worst witnesses in the history of witnesses. He had multiple families stashed across the country that didn't know about each other. Besides he has signed sworn affidavits saying the recorded statements are not true. His word is literally worthless.

In another thread, people were talking about how they were stunned with the way the Pruitt hire turned out.

So, let me get this straight. Pruitt's mentor was a cheating scumbag and we are shocked that Pruitt is a cheating scumbag?

This literally goes on at every large power 5 university, minus Vandy. We can either learn to do it quietly and efficiently, like Bama and UGA, or we can just be happy with 7-5, 8-4, 6-6, and the occasional 1-11, 2-10, etc. I'll be fine, either way.

The key to our past success was........loyalty. Whether it was loyalty to the university, or those you work with. It all starts with......an atmosphere of FAMILY. When you start shaking up the nest, family members band together, and defend it! When you fill the nest with posers, they start turning on each other. Case and point, the last decade plus of ineptitude, in Knoxville.

Josh Heupel is bringing back FAMILY. Coach Heupel was hired by a guy who is all in for CJH, and he has surrounded himself with guys who are loyal to him and his vision. Read into that whatever you want.

I don't even refer to it as "Cheating" any longer. It is simply "Being Competitive". Because this is damn business! Whether we like it, or not.

Just win baby! GBO!
I assume Danny White is all in now, he has no choice, but sounds kind of funny given CJH was his 5th-ish choice. In any event, hard to argue with CJH's delivery and communication thus far, along with tossing the nugget all over the place. Go vols.

Reactions: kbear01
Yes they both cheat and will continue to get away with it. They are the two premier top schools in the SEC and we are a laughingstock embarrassment to the SEC right now.

Reactions: knoxvol16
I was playing golf at a course in Knoxville in 1979 when a very famous UT player showed up in a new corvette. I can guarantee that his family could not afford it. He came from a very poor big city neighborhood. So it has been going on for some time.

This is months old news and both schools had him sign sworn affidavits that he had no direct knowledge of payments. Whether that’s true or not he agreed to sign.
And that's why integrity is important, once you are a documented liar, no one will ever believe you, even when you're telling the truth. We all learned this as kids with the boy who cried wolf story, it's still true.

This is the game and anyone who thinks it is "pure" doesn't want to know the truth. In every major sport where boosters put their influence on these programs there is money changing hands. Until someone goes to jail for it, or a school gets their sports programs shut down it will continue to happen.

If anyone actually cared this could be taken care of by the FBI relatively quickly.

So if these players are getting paid then why in the hell are they screaming about the programs getting rich off of them? If you destroy the programs you are going end up in a farm league riding the bus and practicing on a high school practice field. Never mind the greasy spoon nutritional program. And most likely washing your own sweaty practice uniforms.

Or maybe they are just entitled and privileged.

This is the game and anyone who thinks it is "pure" doesn't want to know the truth. In every major sport where boosters put their influence on these programs there is money changing hands. Until someone goes to jail for it, or a school gets their sports programs shut down it will continue to happen.

If anyone actually cared this could be taken care of by the FBI relatively quickly.
The FBI tried to do this in basketball and you see where that has gone. Most of the coaches caught on tape are still coaching at the same schools where they were when they were taped. The NCAA is more corrupt than most coaches.

And that's why integrity is important, once you are a documented liar, no one will ever believe you, even when you're telling the truth. We all learned this as kids with the boy who cried wolf story, it's still true.

Propst has documented himself as a POS in more ways than one.

So if these players are getting paid then why in the hell are they screaming about the programs getting rich off of them? If you destroy the programs you are going end up in a farm league riding the bus and practicing on a high school practice field. Never mind the greasy spoon nutritional program. And most likely washing your own sweaty practice uniforms.

Or maybe they are just entitled and privileged.
Because there is never ENOUGH for most people. If you pay some of these players $1 million a year it will only be a matter of time before they are bitching that it should be $2 million.

On taped phone calls played on "Outside the Lines", Propst says Kirby gets and retains players by "taking care of their families" and paying them "$90K-$150K", with the support of the "richest of the rich" UGA boosters from SW GA. Propst went on to say Kirby learned that from Saban. Propst later denied those statements were based in fact. But, as the HC at Hoover and Valdosta, he was in a position to know. Where do you think Pruitt learned what it takes to get and retain top tier players (Gray, Crouch & To'oto'o?)? Did Pruitt tell Propst about Saban's alleged player payments? Because the NCAA does not have the burden of proving the allegations in court, all they have to do is look at the vehicles driven by UGA and Bama players and the lifestyle improvement of their families to validate or discredit Propst's statements.

THE NCAA WILL BE SO UPSET BY UGA, BAMA, LSU, , That they will THROW THE BOOK AT AND CRUCIFY TENNESSEE AS A WARNING TO THE REST..
And our well intended, but EXTREMELY NAIVE Chancellor Plowman, is bringing up things that some say happen everywhere.
I fear the punishment Tenn gets will be so severe no President or Chancellor will ever self report themselves like this again. Which is exactly why the NCAA and the SEC need her and everyone to shut up..

This is months old news and both schools had him sign sworn affidavits that he had no direct knowledge of payments. Whether that’s true or not he agreed to sign.
Oh yes, i am sure he gladly signed those statements with no qualms whatsoever after Saban called him in for a short meeting. Made him quite the „offer“ I am sure
913EF792-34E7-4884-B1EA-9373AA0B5258.gif

I remember Josh Pate of "Late Kick" saying "they all do it" , but Pruitt did it in a relatively outrageous way. No specifics, though. Hey, if if it works for politicians...
His mistake was that he thought he could cheat just as brazenly at Tennessee as you can at Alabama.

VN Store

Back