Props to Coach Harper

I believe if our starting team was Jackson, TK, three guards Wynn, Powell and Spear you would see better results in the first half. Allow this to be your core five on the floor, except for rest and foul issues. Know your opponents’ players and sub in Tess, Striplin, JH, Puckett and Ace to coincide with your opponents’ subbing pattern. Keep at least two of your starters in the game as much as possible. That might mean some games you only play eight people.
We are a turnover machine. Bad passes inability to dribble and bringing the ball down on offensive rebounds. I think we have to play Key, but she needs to play instead of just standing there and blocking an occasional shot. Hollingshead may be a better choice at the 5 position. She rebounds, plays defense, and runs the floor very well. I realize they want Key to get in better physical condition, but we are losing ball games and it will soon be late to have a record good enough tome the NCAA field.

Reactions: coachputmein
We are a turnover machine. Bad passes inability to dribble and bringing the ball down on offensive rebounds. I think we have to play Key, but she needs to play instead of just standing there and blocking an occasional shot. Hollingshead may be a better choice at the 5 position. She rebounds, plays defense, and runs the floor very well. I realize they want Key to get in better physical condition, but we are losing ball games and it will soon be late to have a record good enough tome the NCAA field.
If Holingshed play like she has the last three games I agree because she is certainly more mobile than Key except for blocking shots and redirecting shots. This is why I pegged TK as the starter. The only problem is Holingshed is not a legit 5 but I think if she stays aggressive she will be okay. I do know one thing Striplin is playing out of position.

If Holingshed play like she has the last three games I agree because she is certainly more mobile than Key except for blocking shots and redirecting shots. This is why I pegged TK as the starter. The only problem is Holingshed is not a legit 5 but I think if she stays aggressive she will be okay. I do know one thing Striplin is playing out of position.
You can't make a Center out of a forward unless the forward wants to be a center.
We already tried to maker a post out of Justine and she left
want to chase off another player
Jillian is a SF/PF,,,she is NOT a Center!
SHe handles the ball like a SF and scores like a stretch or power forward

You can't make a Center out of a forward unless the forward wants to be a center.
That is my point she is not a legit 5 but you could play her as a power forward with a weak side forward and three guards and be just fine. It would give us more speed, athlethcism and quickness.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
That is my point she is not a legit 5 but you could play her as a power forward with a weak side forward and three guards and be just fine. It would give us more speed, athlethcism and quickness.
Agree, but you are not getting very much from Key and the rest of the team seems to play at her pace. We are not going to win many close games at that slow phase and the turnovers which occur . The next big question is, who plays the 5 the rest of the year and next year.

Kellie and Lady Vols have a 95% chance of making theNNCAA tournament.

You all are putting the wagon before your horses.

If Vols have no injury's they make it in.
Just my opinion.
Putting down a marker on the subject.

Kellie's bosses will make decision after the season.
No matter the hot air about she already fired end of this year.

Please go back to my original post and try to read for understanding.
I’d take Kellie over Rick Barnes any day. He would be gone in a heartbeat if UCLA offered. No loyalty to a school that pulled him out of the trash can after he was fired at Texas.
Plus personally, he seems like a jerk to me.
Where is the loyalty to the school that pulled Kellie out of the trash can after being fired by NCST?

If we want to discuss loyalty

Reactions: Harpethriverkid63
Kellie and Lady Vols have a 95% chance of making theNNCAA tournament.

You all are putting the wagon before your horses.

If Vols have no injury's they make it in.
Just my opinion.
Putting down a marker on the subject.

Kellie's bosses will make decision after the season.
No matter the hot air about she already fired end of this year.
Lulz

Reactions: Klclark

On defense, she is more of a center than on offense where she is like a "short-range" wing player. She is certainly not a back-to-the-basket player. On offense I'd call it a 4 position, working the elbow area/15ft baseline and setting screens at the top of the key. On defense, she must defend the 4/5 position on the block.

On defense, she is more of a center than on offense where she is like a "short-range" wing player. She is certainly not a back-to-the-basket player. On offense I'd call it a 4 position, working the elbow area/15ft baseline and setting screens at the top of the key. On defense, she must defend the 4/5 position on the block.
KJH said almost exactly this in a presser recently. Said flatly Jill is a 4, not a back to basket player. Also said those elbow area/ 15 ft baseline shots are the same ones Rickea hunts. So that's a problem for Jill on offense. She is taller than Strip though, so should help us more on D and the boards.

Last edited:
KJH said almost exactly this in a presser recently. Said flatly Jill is a 4, not a back to basket player. Also said those elbow area/ 15 ft baseline shots are the same ones Rickea hunts. So that's a problem on offense. Jill is taller than Strip though, so should help us more on D.

Hollingshead has played in 15 games this season so far stands 6-5 and athletic so there is no reason for her to only have 7 block shots with her talent. I don't care if she is playing the 1,2,3,4,or 5.

In one of Tennessee post invited Kellie said a few games ago
Key was asking for more playing time.
Kellie's gets shoving coal in the Key train .
But she's be careful about damages to the engine.

Like Kellie way of bringing key along slowly
Justl look at
where Key was when season started.

Kellie said Key was working on getting her defense speed keeping up guarding her man moving to Track of her man. In one on one defense.

With the refs love to call fouls on Key.
It hasn't been a bad idea having Key.
As star reliable Bull pen Ace at the center position.

They have to get a true center from the portal this spring.

Every post player w elig left will be in their last yr next year. Then the roster is literally all guards. Roster imbalance is starting to rear its head.

Does Victor Wembanyama have a 6'7 sister looking for a school, by chance?

Reactions: glv98
In one of Tennessee post invited Kellie said a few games ago
Key was asking for more playing time.
Kellie's gets shoving coal in the Key train .
But she's be careful about damages to the engine.

Like Kellie way of bringing key along slowly
Justl look at
where Key was when season started.

Kellie said Key was working on getting her defense speed keeping up guarding her man moving to Track of her man. In one on one defense.

With the refs love to call fouls on Key.
It hasn't been a bad idea having Key.
As star reliable Bull pen Ace at the center position.

That is a damn good haiku and a good point to boot!!

Big props to KJH for her 100th win as LV head coach. So nice for it to come on We Back Pat day. It sure hasn't been easy, and certainly there are questions, but one thing we know about KJH is she's a scrapper. Always has been. Two things we know I guess, bc we also know she's always going to do it with integrity, class and grace.

Speaking of We Back Pat and class, Kellie's purple dress looked absolutely great. But man, Coach Joy's dress was eye popping beautiful and that is one fine looking lady. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Big props to KJH for her 100th win as LV head coach. So nice for it to come on We Back Pat day. It sure hasn't been easy, and certainly there are questions, but one thing we know about KJH is she's a scrapper. Always has been. Two things we know I guess, bc we also know she's always going to do it with integrity, class and grace.

Speaking of We Back Pat and class, Kellie's purple dress looked absolutely great. But man, Coach Joy's dress was eye popping beautiful and that is one fine looking lady. Just thought I'd throw that in.
Two fine looking ladies.

VN Store

Back