Props to Coach Harper

"Props to you" is a colloquial phrase that is used to show respect, admiration, or appreciation for someone's actions, achievements, or qualities. The word "props" is short for "proper respect," but is only really used as part of the phrase "props to you".

This thread was supposed to be about Props to Coach Harper. For years you have talked about replacing Coach Kellie in the very long bash Kellie thread. Not everyone, including me, want to read replace Kellie comments in every thread. Please respect that.
Sidebar a topic to talk about sidebarring the topic.

You know this thread was supposed to be a place to talk about Kellie’s successes and how she has moved the program toward. Yet, the same old sourpusses and trolls rise like fish to the bait to trash Kellie.
It’s part of the fabric. Do you remember the threads they had at espn once they posted a game preview? Good Lord those got vicious. So they are slightly more congenial.

Reactions: Volfan2012
You know this thread was supposed to be a place to talk about Kellie’s successes and how she has moved the program toward. Yet, the same old sourpusses and trolls rise like fish to the bait to trash Kellie.
Then it should have been pretty short. Her successes are minimal. And it’s debatable on if she’s moved it forward. It’s not trolling when her win record is 12-32 against ranked opponents and that’s not a program going forward.

Last edited:
Then it should have been pretty short. Her successes are minimal. And it’s debatable on if she’s moved it forward. It’s not trolling when her win record 12-32 against ranked opponents and that’s not a program going forward.
Boom there it is. Fish 🎣 On!

Without fail… can set my watch by the response.

It will take Kimmie fifteen years to accumulate 44 ranked decisions.
Getting ready to post my thread-- "Should we feed Kellie Harper to the wolves?"

Predicted responses:

Majors - she only got eaten by the predator who was supposed to eat her and no other carnivores were interested in her.

CJ: She did not call TO while being eaten!!!!

Predicted responses:

Majors - she only got eaten by the predator who was supposed to eat her and no other carnivores were interested in her.

🤣🤣🤣😇
Ya forgot WC’s response:

IMG_5002.jpeg

Reply fail. Was conjuring a game where you’ve got to play three snark cards a day before you can snark in the thread. Probably not a fun as coming in guns a blazin’ but 3D chess is more challenging. 😰

We may be verging into dangerous "meta" territory. Have we all become prisoners of our own narratives, forever doomed to endless recitations of our past posts?

Last edited:

Predicted responses:

Yeah, Majors doesn’t speak like that.

All this talk of fish and wolves will get some of the “on topic” crowd discombobulated.

We may be verging into dangerous "meta" territory. Have we all become prisoners of our own narratives, forever doomed to endless recitations of our pasts?
12-32 record is present. Win #13 will be glorious if Liberty and Auburn are any indication.

Pearl was taking a program that fired Buzz Peterson. Can you direct me to the other schools we were in a battle with to secure her? I don’t seem to recall other schools in the picture. Only similarities is Kellie is more Buzz Peterson.

Pearl had to serve his time for being blackballed with his dealing on turning in Illinois.
I should let it go, but other than Pearl, how many P5 assistant coaches have spent 15 years in Division II or Division I-AAA (that's Div I basketball that doesn't have Div I football)
and gotten hired as a P5 head coach without making a run in post-season? (Impossible if all 15 years are in Division II).

Buzz Peterson won the NIT at Tulsa right before he was hired at Tennessee. Would that hire have happened without the long NIT run?

I should let it go, but other than Pearl, how many P5 assistant coaches have spent 15 years in Division II or Division I-AAA (that's Div I basketball that doesn't have Div I football)
and gotten hired as a P5 head coach without making a run in post-season? (Impossible if all 15 years are in Division II).

Buzz Peterson won the NIT at Tulsa right before he was hired at Tennessee. Would that hire have happened without the long NIT run?
She’s Buzz without the black curtains. So that’s a positive that the black curtains are put away.

Both seem to be nice but overall not good coaches.

Last edited:
I’d take Kellie over Rick Barnes any day. He would be gone in a heartbeat if UCLA offered. No loyalty to a school that pulled him out of the trash can after he was fired at Texas.
Plus personally, he seems like a jerk to me.
Is it enjoyable for you in your upside-down universe?

Reactions: BreatheUT
I believe if our starting team was Jackson, TK, three guards Wynn, Powell and Spear you would see better results in the first half. Allow this to be your core five on the floor, except for rest and foul issues. Know your opponents’ players and sub in Tess, Striplin, JH, Puckett and Ace to coincide with your opponents’ subbing pattern. Keep at least two of your starters in the game as much as possible. That might mean some games you only play eight people.

VN Store

Back