Projecting the 2022 lineup

I agree! I grew up and played on the Virginia/Tennessee state line and played on the Virginia side and played in NE Tennessee during the summers and fall
JJ Kelly? Lots of state championships from the former school in the Lonesome Pine District.

After yesterday’s simulated scrimmage, which will happen again today, I think there are two positions up for grabs. Left field and pitching rotation Left is down to two. Rest will not change unless someone struggles on the weekends. Weekday games could be totally different lineup. Less than a week to go

After yesterday’s simulated scrimmage, which will happen again today, I think there are two positions up for grabs. Left field and pitching rotation Left is down to two. Rest will not change unless someone struggles on the weekends. Weekday games could be totally different lineup. Less than a week to go

Who are the two battling in left? And who has locked down 2nd and 3rd?

Reactions: NighthawkVol

Care to give us a sneak peak at the lineup and who won which starting spot 😅

Complete guess...
Booker/Scott battle in LF
Trey at 3B
Courtland at SS
Moore at 2B
Leaving out Steenstra, Chambers, and Stephenson feels so hard, but shows how loaded our infield is.

Complete guess...
Booker/Scott battle in LF
Trey at 3B
Courtland at SS
Moore at 2B
Leaving out Steenstra, Chambers, and Stephenson feels so hard, but shows how loaded our infield is.
I think everyone will get their cracks on the infield that you listed and one can also DH. Tons of depth for sure.

Chambers / Booker (LF) in that order. Booker has struggled as of late but he's so talented that He will be fine. Could see a revolving door here between the 2.

Streensta 2b - Stephenson is a weapon that brings a lot to the table as well.I think TV will try to use SS's speed as a weapon, someway - somehow. Good problem. Boy can run.

Cortland SS - Trey could slide over as well.

Trey 3b - Moore or Ortega gives us depth and options

Blake DH. (some say this bat might be the best bat at UT since Todd Helton)

Is the word out of camp.

This lineup should be fun to watch!!!

Volsbasefan is right on with mine. I’m saying Chambers starts in LF and Booker starts Saturday. Trey 3B. Other parts will get playing time especially midweek

All assumptions aside we will definitely find out in just a few days!! All the inside info that I keep reading I believe a lot of you guys will be surprised! Hope everyone has a Great Week and GO VOLS!!!

All assumptions aside we will definitely find out in just a few days!! All the inside info that I keep reading I believe a lot of you guys will be surprised! Hope everyone has a Great Week and GO VOLS!!!

Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing 27 and the rest of the guys back in action!

Volsbasefan is right on with mine. I’m saying Chambers starts in LF and Booker starts Saturday. Trey 3B. Other parts will get playing time especially midweek

Now, go out on a limb and give us who you think are the 3 weekend guys until Blade returns. 😉

Man, if your lineup is correct, having guys like Stephenson, Moore, Booker, Payne, Ensley, Scott, and Ortega coming off the bench reflects a depth this program hasn’t seen in decades. Possibly ever.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Alright, here’s my updated projection, based on what we now know:

Lineup

Evan Russell/Charlie Taylor-C

Luc Lipcious/Blake Burke-1B

Logan Steenstra/Seth Stephenson-2B

Cortland Lawson/Christian Moore-SS

Trey Lipscomb/Jorel Ortega-3B

Logan Chambers/Kyle Booker-LF

Drew Gilbert/ Christian Scott-CF

Jordan Beck/Jared Dickey-RF

Blake Burke/Logan Chambers/Seth Stephenson-DH

Others

Hunter Ensley-LF

Ethan Payne-OF

Weekend Starters

Chase Dollander-RHP

Camden Sewell-RHP

Chase Burns-RHP

Midweek/Middle Relief

Ethan Smith-RHP

Kirby Connell-LHP

Mark McLaughlin-RHP

Will Mabery-LHP

Hollis Fanning-RHP

Closers

Ben Joyce-RHP

Redmond Walsh-LHP

Blade Tidwell-RHP (injured)

Seth Halvorsen-RHP (injured)

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I think weekend starters will be Burns Friday, Dollander Saturday, Sewell or mixmatch on Sunday. I believe they will use Sewell if needed on Friday or Saturday but if they can save him for Sunday they will. If they use him, it could any number of pitchers starting Sunday and will go a few innings. I believe everyone was on a pitch count this weekend and will be to some extent next weekend. You can add Sechrist and Beam for sure to the list for midweek/relief.

Burns getting the nod on Friday would be exciting. I thought there was no way Stephenson and Booker would be out of the lineup. Speaks to Steenstra and Chambers. The Burke news is also unexpected.

Burns getting the nod on Friday would be exciting. I thought there was no way Stephenson and Booker would be out of the lineup. Speaks to Steenstra and Chambers. The Burke news is also unexpected.
To put in perspective. Stephenson is projected to go in the top 5 rounds in this draft. Booker projected to go in the 2nd next year. They will all play. Tons of depth. On paper this Is the most talented team of the CTV era.

VN Store

Back