Prison Reform Bill

Democrats urge colleagues to oppose prison reform bill

Who would’ve thunk any Dims wouldn’t support this Bill. There’s goes the black vote in 2020. Trump is setting the Dims up for failure.
They’re screwed either way and it’s glorious. They support it and it passes its another feather in Trumps Native American headdress that Warren desperately wants. They oppose it and a huge portion of their base go WTF?!

They need to go damage control and preach bilateral support. But their out of control TDS simply won’t let them. 😂

Reactions: AirVol and FLVOL_79
They’re screwed either way and it’s glorious. They support it and it passes its another feather in Trumps Native American headdress that Warren desperately wants. They oppose it and a huge portion of their base go WTF?!

They need to go damage control and preach bilateral support. But their out of control TDS simply won’t let them. 😂
I would post a video of this black dude that’s “was” a Dim that’s going off on the Dims and their black supporters but there’s a lot of cussing and name calling.
He’s right though.

Murdoch’s Fox News Endorses Prison Reform Legislation

The Murdoch’s 21st Century Fox, the media conglomerate which includes Fox News, has endorsed wide-sweeping prison reform legislation.

In a statement on Thursday, FOX announced their support for the First Step Act, which has been championed by White House adviser Jared Kushner:
The First Step Act has garnered support from fellow billionaires, such as the libertarian Koch brothers and George Soros.

The prison reform legislation includes an overhaul of the country’s criminal justice system by reducing mandatory minimum sentences and broadening early release credits for convicted felons who are deemed to be “non-violent criminals.”

Additionally, the First Step Act makes the Fair Sentencing Act of 2010 retroactive, reducing the disparity between crack and powder cocaine sentences, impacting nearly 3,000 inmates. The bill also includes a largescale recidivism reduction program that expands “earned time credits,” allowing inmates to be released to halfway houses or home confinement to finish out their sentences.

Murdoch's Fox News Endorses Prison Reform Legislation

I can see why Donnie and Kush might be interested in sentencing reform which would reduce mandatory minimums.

Democrats urge colleagues to oppose prison reform bill

Who would’ve thunk any Dims wouldn’t support this Bill. There’s goes the black vote in 2020. Trump is setting the Dims up for failure.

Sounds like the only thing that's going to be in the bill is funding for a program designed to avoid repeat offenders. If that's all it is, it's not prison reform at all. It's just another ********, big government solution.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Crime and violent crime are two different things. The violent crime rate may be down, but things like theft seem worse than ever. We have Nextdoor here and there are weekly posts about someone’s car being broken into or things taken from the garage. A guy in our department had an Amazon package stolen off his porch last week, my neighbor has had packages stolen and my mom as well. Things like that definitely seem more prevalent than they were years ago.

Crime and violent crime are two different things. The violent crime rate may be down, but things like theft seem worse than ever. We have Nextdoor here and there are weekly posts about someone’s car being broken into or things taken from the garage. A guy in our department had an Amazon package stolen off his porch last week, my neighbor has had packages stolen and my mom as well. Things like that definitely seem more prevalent than they were years ago.

When I was a kid, we might I've got one package a week. Now I get 10/week just from Amazon.

1544561343624.png

I wonder how much prison space is being taken up for non-violent drug offenders, prostitution, and other "Sunday-school sins" when people who commit actual crimes such as theft remain free. The reason I say free is that prison or some sort of recompense as punishment for the crime is not serving as an effective deterrent as it should for real crimes.

Any chance it seems more prevalent than years ago because there's a social network where, among other things, people in the neighborhood can quickly and easily share stories of stuff getting stolen? Plus people have more things shipped to their houses now because of online shopping, so there are more packages to steal.

I wonder how much prison space is being taken up for non-violent drug offenders, prostitution, and other "Sunday-school sins" when people who commit actual crimes such as theft remain free. The reason I say free is that prison or some sort of recompense as punishment for the crime is not serving as an effective deterrent as it should for real crimes.
The woman who stole from my coworker has been convicted of theft multiple times and has spent little or no time in jail. His wife posted the Ring video on FB and that’s how they identified her. She got on FB and said the cops shouldn’t be wasting time on her, they should be looking for rapists and murderers.

Any chance it seems more prevalent than years ago because there's a social network where, among other things, people in the neighborhood can quickly and easily share stories of stuff getting stolen? Plus people have more things shipped to their houses now because of online shopping, so there are more packages to steal.
The main things posted are cars being broken into. In some neighborhoods people don’t even lock their cars because they’d rather have someone get in and find nothing than break out the window and find nothing. These aren’t bad neighborhoods either, but the thieves know where to go.

The main things posted are cars being broken into. In some neighborhoods people don’t even lock their cars because they’d rather have someone get in and find nothing than break out the window and find nothing. These aren’t bad neighborhoods either, but the thieves know where to go.
Memphis resident?

VN Store

Back