Previewing Florida vs. Tennessee: Can Florida slow down Tennessee's offense?

Pitt returned all 5 o line starters from last years championship team. With a new OC they haven't played as well as one would think. The stats may say Florida but the talent is a Pitt lean

Perhaps so, I respect your opinion. I know Florida has two guys who will play in the NFL, maybe one or two more as their career progresses. Pitt may have that too.

Reactions: Eastknox865
They haven't played against our defense yet..... Pitt has

Utah and Kentucky have pretty good defenses too. As I said, it may all change Saturday and TN may dominate Florida’s OL, but going in, the OL is Florida’s best unit.

Are you certain about this?

Florida is 32nd in the country in rushing offense. Pitt is 87th. Florida is 13th in the country in sacks allowed (2). Pitt is 120th (10).

OL and RB are the strength of UF’s team through 3 games. That may all change Saturday, but I’ve seen nothing to suggest Pitt’s OL is superior to Florida and the stats don’t seem to support that claim.

Those stats will change on Saturday. You’re overlooking the fact that the Vols had an impact on those Pitt stats, they haven’t impacted FL yet, but they will.

Reactions: SAPPER 5
Neither team is great. Both teams have talent, but spotty depth. We have an advantage at QB, and 100,000 people ready to rattle theirs. That’s really the only reason I give us the edge. We aren’t that good, and we aren’t that much better than they are. Hooker will need to stay calm, and play a mistake free game. We’ll need to have a balanced offensive play selection, and we’ll need to force AR to make errors. Their DBs will be the best we’ve seen, and their OL and back have had two hard four quarter games to get a rhythm. They won’t just roll over. I still think we can win, but it’s not a gimme.

Reactions: theroyz71 and jth3z
Those stats will change on Saturday. You’re overlooking the fact that the Vols had an impact on those Pitt stats, they haven’t impacted FL yet, but they will.

Eh, maybe they will. Maybe they won’t. That’s why they play the game.

Maybe it's the BVS talking, but I have a sneaking fear that Richardson wakes up, the Florida D plays out of its mind, and yet again the UT/UF game is the starting point for a lot of Gator careers.

Lucy has moved the football 16 out of 17 times. Really hard for me to run full speed at the ball for this kick.....

We need to start fast! keep the crowd in the game and play like world beaters! I dont want a nail biter! Headliner Sunday:TENNESSEE IS BACK! wouldnt that be great?

I expect Florida’s gameplay is to dominate time of possession, make plays on special teams and create turnovers. I am most concerned about our kicking and receiving game. McGrath has been way too slow at getting his kicks off and we’ve already muffed a punt. Tennessee has to play clean special teams and not give Florida any momentum with costly special teams mistakes.

VN Store

Back