Pretty sure we’re going to beat Kentucky

I know they’ve got Snell and a very good defense but their QB is the worst QB in the SEC. They can’t score enough to put us away and we’ve got better big play ability than they do on offense. It’ll be a field position game and when we are in position, expect Helton to take some shots. I like our chances in that scenario.

Our guys have been heavily criticized over the past week. They’ll be focused and eager, not just ready, EAGER to prove themselves capable. They see the T on their chest. They know what’s up. Kentucky just had their dreams crushed but they are probably a little over confident. Perfect. We’re gonna best em. I’m telling you right now we’re gonna beat em.

What have you seen the last 3 weeks that makes you think we win this game? We look like a turd on fire...

No reason to ever lose to Kentucky in football period. It should be a fireable or cut in pay option should you lose that game.

First signature win at Neyland for Pruitt................can we count Kentucky???? they are ranked but when you know we have beaten them at home every time since early 80's... I'm not sure

I'm pretty sure too...we'll see...of course, I always am until I'm not...:D

GO VOLS...BEAT CATS!

I know they’ve got Snell and a very good defense but their QB is the worst QB in the SEC. They can’t score enough to put us away and we’ve got better big play ability than they do on offense. It’ll be a field position game and when we are in position, expect Helton to take some shots. I like our chances in that scenario.

Our guys have been heavily criticized over the past week. They’ll be focused and eager, not just ready, EAGER to prove themselves capable. They see the T on their chest. They know what’s up. Kentucky just had their dreams crushed but they are probably a little over confident. Perfect. We’re gonna best em. I’m telling you right now we’re gonna beat em.
I love what you say, BUT don't forget our non- o-line... Hard to have big plays the way they have played most of the year.

I feel like CJP can really take advantage of a one-dimensional offense by putting 9 in the box and stuffing the run. Just don't let Wilson get loose and burn us.

Speaking of one-dimensional, I expect our running game to be more respectable this Saturday as well (80-130 yards), decent but certainly not earth shattering. OL was shamed last week and will be ready to make amends by getting a little nastier.

This I believe will be that second game of the year when we put it all together and snag another significant upset.

This O-line has no concept of shame.. If it did, they would do more than stand around, as they do on many plays...

Reactions: VolinMC
The fan in me wants to say it's Kentucky, of course we'll win. Then reality kicks in and I remember that those days are in the past. This is the best Kentucky football team that I ever remember. I think we lose an ugly 13-10 type of game.
Hope the score is this close...

There is nothing that gives me the feeling we will beat UK. Sad times when they are more talented than the Vols.

TW isn't even close to being the worst QB in the SEC.

I just don't see us containing their run game for 4 quarters ( we better man up for this one. UK is coming downhill and we know it. They aren't hiding it, or trying to play off of it by getting too cute with their play calling - too much misdirection, or play action, or passing ).

I also don't see us mustering enough offense either. I'm looking for a 28 to 17 type score. UK comes in and does what they do. We are just a little behind them right now. They are just a little better, just the way it is.

Everybody throwing around the snowflake phrase these days. This will not be a game for snowflakes. This is gonna be smash mouth, I know it, and you know it, type football. From both teams. Both sides of the ball from both teams. I'm actually looking forward to it. I love run game and defense.

I think they could beat us even if their QB just throws screen passes the whole game. Similar to what we did vs South Carolina.

I see their QB running for 100+ and Snell going for 150+. We better put eight in the box if we even want to remotely have a chance.

Man, y'all focusing on the wrong side of the ball. They are 99th in scoring nationally. That shouldn't be our main concern, they are 8th in scoring defense. The concern is how we can score.

Reactions: VolsnRavens
South Carolina was ranked in the 80s in rushing yards. In the second half, they just lined up and ran over and through the Vols. UK has a big experienced OL and a great back. They will score around 30 points on UT. Vols need to be able to run the ball and shorten the game but UK will crowd the line and dare you to beat their Sr DBs in one on one coverage. As most games are right now, this is a bad match up for the Vols. And K-town, I don't have any confidence in UT's LBs to be lined up in the right positions or take the right angles to be able to stop UK's QB or RBs from running successful.

Run the ball, don't give up big plays on defense or ST, protect the ball and get a couple of turnovers and lucky breaks and they have a chance.

UK is averaging 15 points a game over the last 4 games. It's not like they ve been lighting up the scoreboard over the last month.

As bad as UTs has been its averaging 22 (including that abysmal 14 last week) over the last 4 games.

We've also given up 28 a game during that stretch. They've given up 19.

First signature win at Neyland for Pruitt................can we count Kentucky???? they are ranked but when you know we have beaten them at home every time since early 80's... I'm not sure
We have 4 wins so yeah.

VN Store

Back