Pretty sure we’re going to beat Kentucky

It's wasnt a prediction on my part. I think UT needs to catch them a little mentally worn from UGA and 2 nail bitters the previous 2 weeks before that and play pretty well themselves to have a chance. Their defense is legit and is the reason they re not 5-4 right now. Their offense has been just good enough 2 out of their last 4 games. And those were Mizzou and Vandy.

UT has plenty of problems from game 1 til now but theres a ton of weight being put on 1 performance. I dont think that's fair or smart.
Yeah, im with you. I think if they come in and play let down from UGA we could win. If.not it will be a long day.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Yeah, im with you. I think if they come in and play let down from UGA we could win. If.not it will be a long day.
It's a hope. UK is a solid team but last week was an epic build up toward something they ve never been close to. And that was coming off a dramatic finish with Mizzou. Only to never really be close to pulling it off.
Its uncharted waters for UK.

If Stoops has em up and ready cudoz to him. That's his most difficult task this week IMO. 1 thing he has going for him is a heavy SR class with a lot of experience.

Reactions: volfannbama
Yeah that’s true. I guess it’s their time to shine. They better enjoy it bc our time will be here again soon and when it comes, we better get more than one national championship this time. A decade of greatness is coming and multiple championships should be the goal.
Why just a decade? You're shaming unborn future Vols.

I'm sticking to we don't win another game, and hoping I'm wrong.

Reactions: JohnD13
Why just a decade? You're shaming unborn future Vols.
Hopefully more. Idk just seems like that was the number teams get before they start to fall off or go through coaching change etc. Tennessee, Nebraska, Florida St., Miami, Florida, Michigan. Etc. Only difference is we’ve had a decade of irrelevance and those other schools didn’t.

Not a single witty poster came along and said “I’ll have what he’s having!” this time.

Nice work VN. I scrolled through wondering who it was going to be.

giphy.gif

That movie never gets old

Reactions: Jack Burton
The fan in me wants to say it's Kentucky, of course we'll win. Then reality kicks in and I remember that those days are in the past. This is the best Kentucky football team that I ever remember. I think we lose an ugly 13-10 type of game.

Reactions: savannahfan
I know they’ve got Snell and a very good defense but their QB is the worst QB in the SEC. They can’t score enough to put us away and we’ve got better big play ability than they do on offense. It’ll be a field position game and when we are in position, expect Helton to take some shots. I like our chances in that scenario.

Our guys have been heavily criticized over the past week. They’ll be focused and eager, not just ready, EAGER to prove themselves capable. They see the T on their chest. They know what’s up. Kentucky just had their dreams crushed but they are probably a little over confident. Perfect. We’re gonna best em. I’m telling you right now we’re gonna beat em.

Many fans don’t believe in aliens, but if you do enough research, you may very well not only start to believe, you may find yourself believing in the coverup by our officials in very high places .
So....yes, I believe we can beat Ky, but I think the odds are certainaly against us, as are the odds that we will be told the truth about extraterrestrial life....but don’t stop believing
Go Vols:)

Reactions: bpalmer28
They cant score enough points to put us away?

You are aware we only scored one offensive td against Charlotte?

We depending on MC to run back 3 punt s?
They beat Vandy at home 14-7. Their averages are about the same as Tennessee.....except they didn't play WVU, Bama, Ga on the road, Auburn on the road, South Carolina on the road or Georgia on the road. If Tennessee and Kentucky traded schedules they would be 500.

They beat Vandy at home 14-7. Their averages are about the same as Tennessee.....except they didn't play WVU, Bama, Ga on the road, Auburn on the road, South Carolina on the road or Georgia on the road. If Tennessee and Kentucky traded schedules they would be 500.
But we wouldnt be

All they have to do is run up the middle every play. They will get 5+ yards every play.

What are you drinking? We will not just lose but we will lose embarrassingly. This will be a lopsided score
If we can only score 14 against Charlotte, then Ky will kill us

It’s Kentucky in Neyland. You’d have to add 10 years onto the year I was born the last time they won there.

UK is averaging 15 points a game over the last 4 games. It's not like they ve been lighting up the scoreboard over the last month.

As bad as UTs offense has been its averaging 22 (including that abysmal 14 last week) over the last 4 games.

Last week UTs offense only scored 7.

There are a lot of reasons to be optimistic about this game. The line is only three for a reason. It’s very winnable.
I hope so. After the stuff I said to family and friends on facebook about their basketball beat down from Duke, they're licking their chops about Saturday. 😆

Last edited:
Reactions: ATHiker
I know they’ve got Snell and a very good defense but their QB is the worst QB in the SEC. They can’t score enough to put us away and we’ve got better big play ability than they do on offense. It’ll be a field position game and when we are in position, expect Helton to take some shots. I like our chances in that scenario.

Our guys have been heavily criticized over the past week. They’ll be focused and eager, not just ready, EAGER to prove themselves capable. They see the T on their chest. They know what’s up. Kentucky just had their dreams crushed but they are probably a little over confident. Perfect. We’re gonna best em. I’m telling you right now we’re gonna beat em.

I do hope you are right but dont see how this offense will score much on a Stoops defense.

If JG is the only TN QB that sees the field we will not win. I hate to be that way but no confidence in him, for whatever reason you would like to name.

VN Store

Back