Press Conference

So.. Jones lied. Why? Could it be that he didn't trust JG and didn't want to say so to the media?

I think he was thrown off by the question and said the first thing that came to him. He didn't have a problem telling the media that QD checked off from a run

I am surprised more people have not responded to Butch's lame excuse about Q.D. tweaking knee so not QB sneak. Well why not hand ball off to J.K.? If J.G. not prepared to run a QB sneak who's fault is that?
And to changing play, did he change play 6 times?

QD was out a play with his knee. That is why JG was in for the one play. They showed the replay on TV where it happened. The announcers even commented on it.

I didn't realize qd only made 14/32 passes...woooow...

One of the reporters asked the ?

"At what point do you look at the QB situation? When will you give jg a look on the field"

Less than 50 % is not gonna cut it in the SEC..

Regardless of what it was, the coach admitted today that hos back up qb was not prepared to run a basic football play.

And regardling your post, thats fine. Just more proof this guy is not an sec coach. Not sure how much proof we need.

JG is obviously not as far along as folks think.

To really tell the truth Tennessee was really lucky to have a great quarterback developer in David Cutcliff and hate to say this maybe LK we are really missing out on coaching up or developing players.. it jus sucks that it seems player digress..

I didn't realize qd only made 14/32 passes...woooow...

One of the reporters asked the ?

"At what point do you look at the QB situation? When will you give jg a look on the field"

Less than 50 % is not gonna cut it in the SEC..
21 of 39

You know, you would think that Butch would get tired of having to face the press and explain why, yet again, his defense blew a game late in the fourth quarter.

You guys can hammer the offense all you want, but it did enough to win that game against a very tough defense. Is there room for improvement? Absolutely. Were there some really terrible play calls? No doubt.

But, you are giving two major problem areas a pass. A defense that has now given up two last-minute bombs in 14 games to blow a lead or tie. And, really, three times in the past three seasons if you count the Georgia WR who dropped a similar bomb in 2015. Is anybody coaching the safeties? It is a good question.

Our kicking game, which left 3-9 points on the field. You can't expect every kick from those distances, but we should expect to make more than one.

You know, you would think that Butch would get tired of having to face the press and explain why, yet again, his defense blew a game late in the fourth quarter.

You guys can hammer the offense all you want, but it did enough to win that game against a very tough defense. Is there room for improvement? Absolutely. Were there some really terrible play calls? No doubt.

But, you are giving two major problem areas a pass. A defense that has now given up two last-minute bombs in 14 games to blow a lead or tie. And, really, three times in the past three seasons if you count the Georgia WR who dropped a similar bomb in 2015. Is anybody coaching the safeties? It is a good question.

Our kicking game, which left 3-9 points on the field. You can't expect every kick from those distances, but we should expect to make more than one.

I think the defense kept us in the game. The offense just didn't produce enough points. I couldn't help but wonder if TKJR was in, if that bomb still would have ever happened.

I think the defense kept us in the game. The offense just didn't produce enough points. I couldn't help but wonder if TKJR was in, if that bomb still would have ever happened.

You miss the point. I don't care how well they might of played the rest of the game, the blew it in a way that should NEVER happen. Yet, it has happened here three times in three seasons.

A WR should NEVER get behind coverage in those situations.

And, I am not even mentioning the breakdown on 4th and 14 against Florida in 2015.

At some point, you have to rely on your defense to close games. Our defense leaves the door wide open.

JG is obviously not as far along as folks think.

Not really sure where to start with this.

So our back up QB (thats in his second season on campus) that actually competed up til the first game of the season to start, can't handle a snap under center and a sneak.

I'm not sure if that's more of a indictment on our QB recruiting or development.

HS

Not really sure where to start with this.

So our back up QB (thats in his second season on campus) that actually competed up til the first game of the season to start, can't handle a snap under center and a sneak.

I'm not sure if that's more of a indictment on our QB recruiting or development.

HS
Don't break your keyboard reading this Beecher.

From JAV on JG

"Q played a bad game Saturday. He owns that as well. I'm telling you right now unequivocally that JG isn't ready at all to be the starter here. He's confident and cocky but he doesn't have the trust of his teammates. He couldn't even get the right snap count on a QB sneak. Doesn't mean he won't have it ever and doesn't diminish his ability which is very big. QD has to play alot better than he did the majority of that game in order to be a balanced offense going forward. The receivers are the group that week have the single most impact on Q being a better QB. They are not good right now and that's being kind. Can't have the kinds of breakdowns they had Saturday and play winning football."

QD was out a play with his knee. That is why JG was in for the one play. They showed the replay on TV where it happened. The announcers even commented on it.

You missed the point. First regardless of who was the QB either could hand the ball off to J.K.

I also responded to Butch's lame excuse that J.G. had not practiced the QB sneak which has to be one of the worst excuses I've heard, but point is who's fault is it if that was true? Plus he could hand ball off to J.K. either way DO NOT THROW THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Don't break your keyboard reading this Beecher.

From JAV on JG

"Q played a bad game Saturday. He owns that as well. I'm telling you right now unequivocally that JG isn't ready at all to be the starter here. He's confident and cocky but he doesn't have the trust of his teammates. He couldn't even get the right snap count on a QB sneak. Doesn't mean he won't have it ever and doesn't diminish his ability which is very big. QD has to play alot better than he did the majority of that game in order to be a balanced offense going forward. The receivers are the group that week have the single most impact on Q being a better QB. They are not good right now and that's being kind. Can't have the kinds of breakdowns they had Saturday and play winning football."

So who's fault is it that he can not even run a QB sneak?
Can Will Mcbride run one yet?

VN Store

Back