Press Conference

The "like" button is gone. This one gets 3 thumbs up...

:good!::good!::good!:

thanks. the only thing in my mind that dictated the long throw was the qb moving outside the pocket and being able to see that developing. and there's no way to predict that's where the play would be flushed....

and by that time, time on the clock wasn't in your favor, so chunk it and see what happens. you weren't going to lose on the play at that point...

i'm just never going to be convinced that's what they "dialed up".

so you're in the camp that doesn't like the answer...:thumbsup:

I'm in the camp who just cannot listen to him anymore...

Honestly--I just want him gone....and it's not JUST because of this year's Fla game...it's for multiple reasons that have accumulated in my evaluation of him that go back to the 2014 Vandy game...

The only way he could earn a 6th year at UT would be to win the SEC East...A loss to USCe or Kentucky should merit a post-game dismissal....:salute:

GO VOLS!

The guy isn't bolting from Purdue after 1 season. What happens if Purdue goes to the Big 10 title game this year? The west division is a one horse race, but upsets happen. Hell even if they go bowling this year and we fire Butch, Brohm isn't leaving. Hell there are bigger names available. He is like a 6th or 7th option to go after.

mmm...maybe not. you make the jump from a school like WKU, to a power 5 conf...and you get a job like purdue that's stuck in mud for every season since Drew Brees.

you take that team, turn it around and make a push in the big 10...maybe get a signature win....

the goal in doing that is not to have Purdue build a statue of you in 15 years...it's to get an offer from a blue blood program.

it's the right progression of steps, and would make good sense to interview the guy....if it were to come to that for us. doesn't mean he is or should be #1 on any list...but to say "kick the tires on him"....

yeah, i would agree with that.....

Played but a long time ago for a really good HS program and coach. Long time, and pretty avid, fan of UT and college football generally. I care enough to educate myself before making an argument one way or another. Right or wrong... and I'm wrong sometimes... I try to make reasonable arguments based on "factual" reasons.

Thanks, kind of figured it was one the 3. I appreciate your posts

I'm in the camp who just cannot listen to him anymore...

Honestly--I just want him gone....and it's not JUST because of this year's Fla game...it's for multiple reasons that have accumulated in my evaluation of him that go back to the 2014 Vandy game...

The only way he could earn a 6th year at UT would be to win the SEC East...A loss to USCe or Kentucky should merit a post-game dismissal....:salute:

GO VOLS!

that's fair. there is more than enough history to suggest that this is just what it is with CBJ. i do not disagree with you on that.

i was just talking about the answers to the questions in the press conference.

Tennessee-Job-Posting.jpg

that's fair. there is more than enough history to suggest that this is just what it is with CBJ. i do not disagree with you on that.

i was just talking about the answers to the questions in the press conference.

Yeah...I get it. No problem with you, Jake.

I get a little carried away sometimes and say things I regret...I am very wrong sometimes, too!

I made the decision not to listen to CBJ anymore after his 2017 SEC media days comments...and I'd rather pay him NOT to coach Tennessee football than endure any more of this garbage masquerading as UT Volunteers football!

There has been enough talent on the field since 2015 to win the SEC East outright....I'd contribute to a fund to park a moving van in front of his house...If Battle deserved one....this guy is way overdue...

GO VOLS!

JG can and has taken snaps under center. He took one and maybe more against IS last week. One I remember was a play action play for a deep ball that he took a sack on. The coaching mistake was not taking a TO there and either letting QD get ready to go back or let JG take a couple of snaps on the sidelines before going in the game.

Regardless of what it was, the coach admitted today that hos back up qb was not prepared to run a basic football play.

And regardling your post, thats fine. Just more proof this guy is not an sec coach. Not sure how much proof we need.

Regardless of what it was, the coach admitted today that hos back up qb was not prepared to run a basic football play.

And regardling your post, thats fine. Just more proof this guy is not an sec coach. Not sure how much proof we need.

I used to think he might fit at Vandy. He's proven otherwise.

I know in the back of my mind he's going to limp into "just enough" wins this year to save himself. He will be here through 2018 more than likely and it makes me physically sick that our football team will be led by Butch yet again. So another year of 8-4, kick the s*** out of some mediocre big 10 team in the outback bowl, and press conferences will be just freaking grand.

I used to think he might fit at Vandy. He's proven otherwise.

I didn't realize until today that Vandy is setting at #1 in Total Defense in the entire country. Were setting at 91:machgun::gun::machgun::gun::whatever:

agree. and he probably meant it in terms of game prep last week....not that he had never practiced it...ever.

Dawn Davenport of 104.5 the Zone in Nashville was just talking about this and made a good point. Jones said how many times that the qb battle between Quentin and Jarret was tight, could go either way, was ongoing and would go all the way up to warmups of the GaTech game.

Yet, they didn't trust JG to go in and run even the simplest of plays because "he hadn't practiced going under center". So much confusing, disjointed double speak from Butch. It's like a dishonest person who can't keep up with his story because he's told so many lies. Imho, Jones wastes so much time worrying about things he shouldn't worry about and preparing so many nonsensical sound bites and comments.

He should really focus on just being honest, straightforward and transparent with his communication going forward....that would go a tremendously long way toward stopping all the second-guessing and gotcha moments that he seems to constantly be dealing with.

He said they had another T.O.. I can't remember. If they did then they possibly could have had a FG try.

I just wonder about the way they played the rushers and who was in. Do you remember who the 4 were? If it is me, I put 3 down then a spy with the option for a delayed blitz. I definitely have some speed in that group.

They had 4 down and a spy. I don't remember all 4, but Kogbo and Tuttle were both in. I know you said you wouldn't have had a DT, but Tuttle was fresh and is athletic enough to apply pressure. I liked him being in there. The spy was a LB, who came up when Franks scrambled but too late.

Dawn Davenport of 104.5 the Zone in Nashville was just talking about this and made a good point. Jones said how many times that the qb battle between Quentin and Jarret was tight, could go either way, was ongoing and would go all the way up to warmups of the GaTech game.

Yet, they didn't trust JG to go in and run even the simplest of plays because "he hadn't practiced going under center". So much confusing, disjointed double speak from Butch. It's like a dishonest person who can't keep up with his story because he's told so many lies. Imho, Jones wastes so much time worrying about things he shouldn't worry about and preparing so many nonsensical sound bites and comments.

He should really focus on just being honest, straightforward and transparent with his communication going forward....that would go a tremendously long way toward stopping all the second-guessing and gotcha moments that he seems to constantly be dealing with.
I actually think he was being honest...ish. If that wasn't the reason then he does himself (nor the program really) any favors by telling the absolute truth... He either mismanaged it all together, or he didn't trust jg to run the play. No one benefits by saying anything resembling those remarks.

It doesn't change the game management issues.

It is what it is...

I've been saying that since last season.

I also said it after games when Dooley was coach.

My family and friends have started saying it this year.

It is what it is.

We will come out against Bama again and run up the middle the majority of the game. Just like last year.

It is what it is... Lol

if Mullen had Vandy, UK, and South Carolina on the schedule every year instead of LSU, Auburn, and Ole Miss, he prolly wins at a 70% rate instead of 60%. He has done so much more with less. You don't win 60+ games in 8 seasons in Starkville without good coaching.

if he can recruit and win in Starksville, he can dominate in the SEC East with our recruiting budget and facilities.

I am surprised more people have not responded to Butch's lame excuse about Q.D. tweaking knee so not QB sneak. Well why not hand ball off to J.K.? If J.G. not prepared to run a QB sneak who's fault is that?
And to changing play, did he change play 6 times?

Would you do the same for TxA&M's sidline trashcan? Or did you know they have one too?

I really dgaf bout Texas A&M trash can, I care bout the Univ of Tennessee pretty soon Sumlin and Butch will be using those trash cans for themselves.. hopefully those two can get together and use some type of salesman type activities at another mid tier school...

He seemed to start to say, yea, QD changed the call. Then, didn't he say that "we had a run called" but florida was going to blitz yada, yada and he kind of danced around the question and said we were going to run the ball on second down but QD got dinged and he didn't think it was "fair" to have JG take a snap from under center and run a QB sneak. Not fair? This is football, man. If you think you can score on a sneak, do it. JQ has been practicing for months; if he can't take a snap and sneak the ball, hell, we've got problems. You can't let the opponent take away what you do best--that is where our coaches screwed up. And you damn sure don't let some young, inexperienced QB change the call from the 1 yard line.

And it's not like we screwed up 1 TD opportunity--we screwed up THREE TD opportunities.

Lou Holtz had a saying when the ND/Miami rivalry was as it's peak against Jimmy Johnson. Basically, he said that the only time you run a trick play (get cute) against a team is when you don't think you can beat them straight up. He called it flinching. Miami went to a fake punt, or something cutesy, and failed. Holtz said they flinched, and took the game.

1st and goal from the 1 yard line, or less, and we throw three passes with the best running back in the south. WE FLINCHED. FL took the game. Kelly could have got that one yard without any blocking.

VN Store

Back