President Joe Biden - Kamala Harris Administration

Buttigieg floats Gas Tax Hike despite concern about regressive impact

Transportation Secretary nominee Pete Buttigieg expressed an openness to a federal gas tax increase in order to pump more money into the suffering Highway Trust Fund.

During his confirmation hearing on Thursday, the former mayor of South Bend, Ind., was asked about a tax hike to help fund infrastructure by Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla.

"Well, I think all options need to be on the table," Buttigieg said. "As you know, the gas tax has not been increased since 1993, and it's never been pegged to inflation. And it's one of the reasons why the current state of the Highway Trust Fund is that there's more going out than coming in."

Buttigieg noted that funding transfers have helped make up the difference, but questioned whether Congress would keep doing that. He said that for now, the U.S. needs "a solution that can provide some predictability and sustainability."

"In the short to medium term," however, Buttigieg said that a solution "could mean revisiting the gas tax, adjusting it, and/or connecting it to inflation."

Buttigieg floats gas tax hike despite concern about regressive impact

Biden ends Trump 'remain in Mexico' asylum policy

The Biden administration has discontinued a Trump policy that forced migrants who sought asylum at U.S. border crossings to remain in Mexico for months until their day in court.

Starting Thursday, asylum-seekers arriving anywhere along the 2,000-mile U.S.-Mexico border will not be turned around, the government announced, as was policy under the Department of Homeland Security’s Migrant Protection Protocols program, better known as "remain in Mexico."

Biden ends Trump 'remain in Mexico' asylum policy

Comala Harris New Crib

residence-Vice-President.jpg

Current Vice President Kamala Harris, meanwhile, is not immediately moving into the residence, to "allow for repairs to the home that are more easily conducted with the home unoccupied," an aide confirmed to Fox News, adding that the repairs concerned chimey liners and other household maintenance.

Where does the vice president live? Kamala Harris moving into historic Washington DC residence

Reactions: Silence Dogood

Transportation Secretary nominee Pete Buttigieg expressed an openness to a federal gas tax increase in order to pump more money into the suffering Highway Trust Fund.

During his confirmation hearing on Thursday, the former mayor of South Bend, Ind., was asked about a tax hike to help fund infrastructure by Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla.

"Well, I think all options need to be on the table," Buttigieg said. "As you know, the gas tax has not been increased since 1993, and it's never been pegged to inflation. And it's one of the reasons why the current state of the Highway Trust Fund is that there's more going out than coming in."

Buttigieg noted that funding transfers have helped make up the difference, but questioned whether Congress would keep doing that. He said that for now, the U.S. needs "a solution that can provide some predictability and sustainability."

"In the short to medium term," however, Buttigieg said that a solution "could mean revisiting the gas tax, adjusting it, and/or connecting it to inflation."

Buttigag knows all about this....”.and it's never been pegged to inflation”

Reactions: AM64 and GSD82

From the fool who "managed" a town with a catholic school and a decent mail order firm for tires and wheels. I think I read some kind of confused mumble jumbo about streets not actually being for traffic from the new transportation "guru".

Reactions: StarRaider
He probably floats gas because he can't contain it.
Regardless of you and this board's intense hatred for Pete and "jokes" a 10 year old wouldn't even laugh at, he's going to get confirmed with huge bipartisan support. I think the phrase floating around over the last four years was "deal with it", correct?

Biden Admin Deletes ‘1776 Commission’ from White House Website Immediately After Inauguration

GettyImages-1230695524-640x480.png

The 1776 Commission was removed from the White House website about an hour after President Joe Biden was sworn into office on Wednesday afternoon.

404 / Page Not Found

The 1776 Commission had released its final report on Monday, fulfilling Trump’s request to reaffirm the importance of America’s founding principles in the daily life and education of its citizens.

An archive of the White House website from Monday shows the importance former President Trump placed in restoring the “understanding of the greatness of the American founding.”

Biden Admin Deletes ‘1776 Commission' from WH Website Immediately After Inauguration

The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution is next, I would assume. 🤔

So? He’s still a goofy bastard
Yeah, he's a dork, who gives a ****? Everyone knows why you hate him, you've made that clear for months. And I don't think I'd be throwing stones after supporting a bumbling fool that paints his face orange, slurs his speech, and just lost in an electoral landslide to the "dementia" patient. But carry on, whatever.

Reactions: OHvol40
Yeah, he's a dork, who gives a ****? Everyone knows why you hate him, you've made that clear for months. And I don't think I'd be throwing stones after supporting a bumbling fool that paints his face orange, slurs his speech, and just lost in an electoral landslide to the "dementia" patient. But carry on, whatever.
My my... touchy.

Your boy is in way over his head

My my... touchy.

Your boy is in way over his head
We will see, but I doubt it. He will be confirmed easily with huge bipartisan support. Hell, Marsha even acted like she liked him, but I know that was BS because she despises gay folks. She might play along to get us some cash in TN for DOT projects though. Folks have doubted him for two years, and here we are with him about to head the DOT. Keep doubting him.

Why I hate him? I don’t hate him. I think he’s a goof and his ideology doesn’t agree with me, but I don’t hate the guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: StarRaider
We will see, but I doubt it. He will be confirmed easily with huge bipartisan support. Hell, Marsha even acted like she liked him, but I know that was BS because she despises gay folks. She might play along to get us some cash in TN for DOT projects though. Folks have doubted him for two years, and here we are with him about to head the DOT. Keep doubting him.
Confirmation means nothing. He's completely unqualified for this position and was given it as a gift for quitting when asked by the party. What little experience he does have running anything he's shown to not be very good at it. He's a ladder climber with no substance. I could name at least 3 people in my office that are infinitely more qualified. Heck I'd nominate @hog88 before Pete.

This admin's start has been a complete clown show. Trump was unprepared but this is incompetent

VN Store

Back